“Awesome place, great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #7 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Starkville, Mississippi
“Awesome place, great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Every time we go for a vacation Holiday Inn will always be our priority, we tried Staybridge this time and we are happy and contented with our stay. Good breakfast, our 2 bedroom suite is overlooking Pikes Peak, accommodating staff and clean rooms. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HotelAdmin87, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Carla C., thank you for your kind review of our Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and even though you look for Holiday Inns, we appreciate you giving us a try! We are glad you enjoyed our awesome mountain views and the service you received, thank you for staying with us!

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Sterling
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I've been staying here on and off since May 14, 2014. Unfortuantely ...plauged with many problems...where do I start
In May, the internet service was very slow...if non existent. Apparently they had problems with their equipment. This was fixed after several complaints (but who wants to complain?)

Had problems with the TV service (no golf channel). Apparently, management didn't think that it was a big concern for the guests (even though I'm a golfer). Then the service was turned on ...for a while..and after I left...it was turned off again...And when I returned...I had to mention it again..Management pulled an Obama (" I wasn't aware of the issue"). After several calls and complaints directly to the manager...finally got fixed for the TV in my room (but I guess the owner is cheap because it wasn't available in other areas of the hotel, like the cozy living room and breakfast room). I think it finally got resolved after almost a month.

What else? well, there is equipment in the exercise room..nice of them to have that, but frequently it was either not working, not plugged in, or ....continuing to be non-functional. Doesn't seem to be a priority to keep it in working order all the time.

The coup? No hot water, on a reliable basis. Don't you expect hot water? I do. Well, over the period of about 5 weeks, I had no hot water at least 7 times (and I waited 20-30 minutes with the faucet running hoping that hot water would eventually flow. Well, numerous other customers complained of it as well..and as of RIGHT NOW.....there is NO WATER....they are trying to fix it. I hate cold showers in the morning...so honestly, I would AVOID THIS HOTEL IN THE FUTURE. In talking with the front desk staff - who should be awarded for their ability to conceal chronic problems that the guests are likely to encounter.
Apparently the hot water problem has been plaguing this hotel for a number of years - according to direct testimony of the night clerk.

Room Tip: Book another hotel. If you stayed here and didn't have issues, count yourself lucky.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HotelAdmin87, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Mr. Carter, thank you for taking the time to post your honest review of your current stay. We have enjoyed welcoming you back to our hotel over the past four years and we are sad that this stay wasn't on par with your usual experience.

We upgraded to HD DirecTV during our recent complete renovation and were happy to add the sports package at your request since you stay for longer lengths of time. We are so sorry it took longer for the sattelite company to get it working in our public spaces but hope you enjoy in now during our complimentary daily breakfasts and Tuesday through Thursday dinners!

The hot water issue did take a week to fix, we first thought it was an equipment failure but then learned that we needed to add an additional boiler. The time it took to complete this was inexcusable, we are so sorry for that. We are glad you chose to continue to stay with us, though, and hope the compensation you received was sufficient and that you will not have a shortage of hot water for the remainder of your stay. We have our staff members on each shift checking to make sure that we have ample supply of hot water.

We appreciate your continued business and the feedback you have given us, it will only help us provide better stays for all of our guests and to know the areas in which we need to improve!
Mt. Calvary, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This was our first trip to Colorado, and friends who had stayed here before recommended this hotel. After staying here ourselves, you can count us as fans as well. Every aspect of our stay was everything plus more that we had come to expect from a Staybridge Suites. The personnel at the front desk were so friendly and helpful, our room was spacious, clean, and modern, and the WiFi was blazing fast and easy to use for all of our gadgets from computers to Kindles to iPods. They have a wonderful free breakfast with many selections of hot and cold items, and during the week the social has a free salad bar along with an entree (yesterday was burgers and hot dogs cooked on the grill, today was shredded chicken sandwiches) as well as chips, soda, and cookies for dessert. Yum! If you would like to eat out, there are several restaurants within walking distance. They have a very well kept swimming pool and hot tub as well as a basketball court and a relaxing outdoor patio to sit and enjoy the beautiful view of Pike's Peak. This is Colorado at its finest!

Room Tip: We had a room on the west side, 4th floor, and had a gorgeous view of Pike's Peak from our windo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HotelAdmin87, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Linda, thanks so much for your kind review of your family stay with us! We upgraded our WiFi during the renovation, it is great to hear that all of your electronic devices worked well with the faster connection. We also upgraded our food offerings for daily hot breakfast and the Tuesday through Thursday dinners, adding healthier and gluten-free options. Isn't the swimming pool great? Our outdoor area has a heated pool, hot tub, bbq with covered seating, and basketball court-with great views to boot! We hope your first trip to our beautiful state was a memorable one and we hope to see you all again soon!
Fond du Lac, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel with my family. When I called to confirm my reservations, I was told they upgraded my room to a two bedroom, 2 bath suite. It was heavenly. Love the evening socials during the week so I don't have to run around looking for supper. Wonderful balcony views from the reception area overlooking a river and wildlife area. Will stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cathy, it was great to welcome you and your family again! We love our return guests and always try to offer complimentary upgrades when available. Our Two Bedroom/Two Bathroom Suite has a common living and dining area with kitchen and a bedroom and bathroom on each side. This suite can come with two beds or three beds plus sofa bed, accommodating up to 8 people! Glad you enjoyed it as well as our Tuesday through Thursday dinners. And our west facing balcony overlooks our outdoor area, complete with great views of the mountains and Pike's Peak, Monument Creek, and the Santa Fe Trail. The best part about our location is that we are just a couple blocks up from the Interstate, but you feel like you are miles away from all of the hustle and bustle of the city. We look forward to seeing you all again!
Gualala, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We have stayed at this property before and have always enjoyed our stay. This was our first visit since renovation was complete and the fresh appearance makes this property even more desirable. This is a wonderfully located property with great amenities that contributes to a great nights sleep. What really sets this property above most places we stay is the personnel. The front desk staff immediately makes you feel welcome. Housekeeping staff is extremely friendly and professional. The kitchen staff is the best we have experience in all our travels. I singled out one individual to the General Manager as truly outstanding, Overall this is a true 5 plus property that we look forward to returning to on our next visit to Colorado Springs. Thanks for making us feel special.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HotelAdmin87, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Paul, it was great to have you and your family back! We are happy to hear that you all enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. Thanks so much for mentioning the service from our staff, we try to make our guests feel like family. We appreciate your kind review and look forward to seeing you all again!
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This Staybridge Suites is a cut above the rest. Our room was very comfortable (2 bedroom suite). The hotel seems recently remodeled with new fixtures and appliances. Everything was very clean as we arrived.
All the staff exhibits and "above and beyond" attitude with attention to detail. A an IHG Platinum member, the recognition was pleasing.
This hotel is very conveniently located in Colorado Springs, right next to I-25 which makes going any where very easy. Good eating is right next door as well as the convenience of a Shell gas station with food mart for late arrivals.
The beds were comfortable and the room contained everything needed to accommodate our needs.
I added this hotel as my favorite for Colorado Springs and will definitely return when passing through or visiting our friends again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side which has the view of the mountains.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HotelAdmin87, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
JoseDelg, thank you so much for your review. It was great to have you and your family stay with us! Our Two Bedroom/Two Bathroom suite is a perfect fit for families, with two or three beds and a sofa bed, three televisions with 180 channels of HD DirecTV, two bathrooms and a kitchen, it is our largest suite and we are so glad you all enjoyed it. Yes, we just completed a full renovation and added faster wifi, new complimentary laundry machines and exercise room machines. Thank you for being a Platinum IHG Rewards member, we are so glad you chose our hotel and hope to see everyone again!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights and I have to say the staff is just great. Stephanie who I talked to over the phone helped me get the room and was just so amazing to me. Everyone I talked to was friendly, kind, and just so nice to me. The atmosphere of the whole Hotel was so soothing and remarkable. It was as if they were all friends of mine that I haven't seen in years. I will be going back to stay. I recommend this amazing Hotel to anyone traveling threw or to Colorado Springs. The room was very clean and was look on daily by the staff. They offer so much for everyone including a hot/cold breakfast that was so yummy I wish I could go back each morning just for the breakfasts. They have a pool and hot tub for you to use and a work out room as well. I cant wait tell my next visit...

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what you need and you will not be disappointed..
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
HotelAdmin87, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Robert, thank you very much for taking the time to post your kind review of your stay with us here at Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs Air Force Academy. We're so glad you enjoyed our soothing atmosphere, we try and make out guests feel at home and it is great to know that you felt like you were among friends. Great to know that you enjoyed our upgraded breakfast offerings like omelets with a variety of cheeses, fresh cut red onions and tomoatoes, as well as jalepenos and salsa if you like some spice! We can't wait to welcome you back!

Been to Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!