“Great place and getting better” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #90 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
New York City, New York
“Great place and getting better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Ive stayed at this location several time over the last 20 years and it had at one point taken a bad turn but this last stay I have to say was MUCH better they are really turning things around. They have new bedding, towels, tvs the breakfast area although small has tables to sit at. The staff is always nice and helpful. I also noticed there's no rifraff and best of all there not over priced!!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had a smoking room here for the weekend, and for the total cost of $118 for my hotel & car booked through hotwire was a good deal for a last minute trip and the room was horrible to say the least. No iron in the room, the tv power button was broken, the neighbors were loud and drunk. You couldn't have visitors in the rooms after 9PM unless you paid a fee of $10.86 per person, and the ice & laundry room were locked at 12AM. The linens had all kinds of light stains, and the wash clothes had tiny hairs in them, not a pleasant experience but luckily I had enough foresight to bring my own loofah and towel. I only give this an average rating because the service was friendly enough, the price was cheap, and I was in a great location to get back and forth to the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center, up the road to Denver, and close to I-25 to visit my cousin in Monument, CO...all in all it was a good trip so I am being much kinder than I should. S/O to Julie, her customer service and no non-sense personality was pleasant at 2:30AM when I finally made it off my delayed flight in to the hotel she got me checked in, explained the rules, and the ice that I needed.

EPIC SUCCESS: Hot wonderful water in the showers and sink.
MAJOR FAIL: The house keeper threw away a half smoked cigar left in the ashtray.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Aloha, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here recently while driving on a cross-country road trip. This place is definitely sketchy. I got a deal on this place through an online travel site, and it wasn't worth the money. Should have just payed a few bucks more to stay elsewhere. My wife was scared when we pulled up to our room, as some of the neighbors looked a bit rough. Someone had puked in the parking lot, and the motel staff did nothing to clean it up. Neighbors were up all hours of the night, and were very noisy. I suspect at least some of them were long-term residents of the hotel, and possibly involved in criminal activities such as drugs or prostitution. We did not sleep well due to people in the room above us walking across the floor all night long. Lots of activity in the parking lot at all hours of the night. Fortunately, we were not hassled, and we promptly got up and checked out first thing the next morning with ourselves, our vehicles, and our possessions intact. We could not shut off the heat lamp in the bathroom, due to a broken switch. Oh well, at least the room was clean. Front desk staff was OK. Continental breakfast was a joke, just cereal for the kids. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Montrose, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here in October with our two kids. The room was filthy - sheets had not been changed, there was blood on our son's sheets. On the rollout bed, the mattress should have been burned. There was no mattress cover and it was horribly stained on both sides. All night long, taxis were in and out of the parking lot and the room next door had "traffic" all night long. At one point, someone ran up & down the hall screaming obscenities and demanding his drugs, at two a.m. someone rang the room requesting the services of "HIllary." I was called a C*%T by the caller. A call the to the front desk yielded no help and we were told that it was impossible that we had received a call to our room since it would have been routed through the front office. They apparently don't know about room-to-room calls. They would only refund $15 dollars. When I called corporate offices and complained, I was told they would look into it. This week I received a check from Wyndham made out to HOWARD JOHNSON and myself. Naturally, the bank wouldn't cash it since HOWARD JOHNSON wasn't with me. Wyndham hotels will NEVER get my business again.

Room Tip: choose another hotel and read reviews before you choose a hotel in an area of town with which you ar...