You added Howard Johnson Express Inn - Colorado Springs to your Saves list
Ranked #93 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
A TripAdvisor Member
“Satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I recommend this hotel to everyone wants to have a nice stay for a reasonable price. Very kind stuff, good facilities.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

It was comfortable, clean, and the staff is very nice. Unlike others, I think the location was great as I didn’t see any real problems with it. It was close to everything, so easy to find your way to/from sites – the only problem being it’s on a divided street, so you often have to turn around to get to it.

I think they could use soap dishes in the bathrooms because water would run down the side of the counter as I went to reach/put back the soap. They had a problem with their internet the first night I was there, but I think it was fixed by the time I came back from dinner – if only I was notified of that I wouldn’t have driven all around town looking for a WiFi spot when I needed to get to sleep to wake up early the next morning! Multiple people had problems with their room keys not working, but the staff quickly fixed it. Yes the breakfast is just little bowls of plain cereal or what looks like Hostess donuts with juice and coffee, but it is free.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Joplin, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Bad area of town. Only stayed about 10 minutes. Air conditioner did not work. Shower broken. Guest smoking dope on balcony! We had grand children with us and did not feel safe at all. Booked through Expedia and desk clerk said they would authorize a refund when expedia called them, but I have been trying for 4 days to get expedia customer service to answer calls, I have been on hold for 45 minutes each time. What a rip off. They will not help you with any problems, except booking another hotel then you have to pay for both. This place does not even come close to the nice Howard Johnson we have stayed at before.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Not the most knowledgeable staff. The lady at the front desk had to re-key the room so both of the keys worked and she didn't know where I could find a pharmacy. They do have free Wifi so I found that out myself. The King bed was great. The HotTub next to the bed was awesome. the cable was less that desirable would have liked a guide channel or something and more movie options but I found entertainment. My friend said it was better than the military cot he had in the bunk on base. It's right off the freeway which is nice granted you have to pass it and go flop a U a few blocks away if you are coming from the North Nevada side. Still comfortable. The back of the toilet tank was cracked and there were homeless people in the park across the street and they don't allow pets. Over all I'm going back if for nothing else to use that hot hot hot water in the hot tub. One of my most fun and relaxing vacations. And No the Homeless weren't a problem they were never on the hotel property. My honeymoon hotel with my first husbands was much worse than this.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Montrose, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

I think these people are ridiculous with their complaints, it is probably the cheapest place to stay in C. Springs, it is obviously not the Hilton. The lady at the front desk (Kimberly) was very nice and was able to get me in a room right away. Its not a very nice place but I didn't expect it to be for the money, its clean with wifi and close to everything.

....Nate of Montrose, Co

• Stayed September 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

First thing the first room took three to get air conditioning was a nasty nasty room the air conditioner didnt work a little complaining they moved us to another room conditioner fine the room painted thought I was at a different hotel. Well the sink didnt drain nice but the air worked a plus at best hot today. went the next day they wanted to move us said fine, I am a smoker and the nice room was non smoking . We get back from royal gorge all day wanted cold air and a shower sat on the bed and someone had thrown up on the floor between the bed and center table nasty place would warn everyone to stay clear from this cheap filthy nasty hole in the wall . They moved us back with some steady complaining.
DONT EVER prepay three nights without seeing what you are getting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!! And did not have two queen beds as advertised a queen and a full size not what I paid for online......

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Hogwarts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

We picked this hotel for location and that was the only good part. Filthy carpet, surly service, trash behind the drawers, unflushed toilet on check-in, bath we had to clean. If HoJo are trying to improve their name then they should bullbozer this hotel or get management that care about cleanliness and service. Book this hotel if you want the Eastern Block experience from the 80's.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn - Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!