“Great stay, friendly staff, comfy room, and convenient location.” 5 of 5 stars

Crestwood Suites of Colorado Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6210 Corporate Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80919   |
Ranked #55 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great stay, friendly staff, comfy room, and convenient location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We recently relocated from TN and found the Crestwood Suites to be the perfect location for our extended stay needs. The hotel is in a very convenient location near many restaurants and local attractions. There is a biking/walking trail directly behind the hotel. The room was like a home away from home, only smaller. Each floor has laundry facilities, an ice machine, and vending machines. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We did have to evacuate for the Waldo Canyon fire and the manager, Kelly, as well as the rest of the staff made the whole situation smooth and worry-free. We will certainly stay here again and would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was one of many that came to this hotel during the fire in the mountain shadows. My house in danger and minimul items to my name, i have to admit that the hotel (considering they were evacuated too) had done everything they could of done to assist me with my temporary home. All the employees were caring and able to help with all my needs. I was blessed to be able to return home, but I wanted to express how thankful I am for the extra care in such a difficult time. I will tell everyone about you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fort Carson, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

First stay at this chain. Forced to pay for six nights upfront - with a no refund policy. Room smelled like a dead animal - manager's fix - have it sprayed with citrus cleaner. Internet was down the entire stay. The carpet was so dirty, when walking barefoot in the room, you could feel your feet sticking to the carpet. Food crumbs under the beds and a dirty fork in the couch cushions. The staff was non-concerned about complaints or issues. Noisy - room above us must have been hosting the NBA playoffs - front desk staff did nothing to address the issue. First and last stay at this chain.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We always stay here. Kelly Potter is the Manager and is always cheerful and always helpful. The price and the location rocks! Walmart and lots of restaurants are within 2-3 miles. There is an awesome view of Pikes Peak. There is a walking/running/riding path just behind the Hotel. We asked if we could be close to a friend that would be coming a couple of days later and they had us just next door to one another. Can't beat that.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Montgomery, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The worst treatment I've received at a hotel in 40 years and probably 400 stays!! The room was actually fine .. but we were lied to and then treated rudely by incompetent staff. When the manager had an opportunity to "fix" their mistakes she refused - even though she had personally checked us in for the wrong number of days in the computer while citing the correct number to our faces. When I complained and asked to speak to their corporate HQ, I was given a name and phone number that went to voice mail and no one had the courtesy to call me back even though I left 3 messages. We checked in during a special event for 2 nights as part of a group and apparently the special event nightly rate is TWICE the normal nightly rate (even though it is crazy busy and you get worse service)-- but I had confirmed on the phone several days in advance and had a confirmation code for the regular rate (that was their mistake #1 - quoting me the wrong rate). When we checked in the lobby was crazy with unsatisfied guests complaining and trying to get rooms swapped for clean ones or non-smoking ones, and for some reason they were training a new guy on the computer (stupid timing!) So in their confusion they checked us in for only one night (mistake #2) instead of two -- I thought everything was fine because the rate matched what I had been quoted times 2 for 2 nights, and our room seemed clean and nice. (Though there was no hot water in the morning for a shower!) The next afternoon we stopped by in a hurry to change clothes before heading from one event to another, only to find ourselves locked out! At the desk we were very rudely told we had only checked in for one night - no possible way! At that point the manager told us the rate was double what we had confirmed and that we had to leave or pay their ridiculous event rate for another night! They wouldn't even let us in the room to get our stuff or use the restroom without being walked upstairs by an associate as if we were criminals, even though it was perfectly clear at check-in that we were staying 2 nights! The manager (Kelly) who had overseen our check-in while she was training the new guy (Stan) had obviously not been paying any attention to what Stan was actually doing or what she was saying to us -- but she would not take any credit for their multiple mistakes! She just kept saying there wasn't anything she could do - some manager! I've never been that insulted and incompetently treated by "service industry professionals" so we packed up and left! We ended up paying for 2 nights at the rate we were quoted even though we only got to stay one, we were an hour late to our event after having to deal with something that never should have been an issue, we lost near $100 in groceries we had put in the refrigerator, and we had to drive 1.5 hours to stay with family in the area instead of having a nice relaxing time, like we had planned and confirmed! I plan to report them to the Better Business Bureau after I post this review. Please don't risk staying there and having your vacation ruined by ineptness.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Good stay, Stan at the desk was able to switch our room from a double queen to a king since it was only my wife and myself and we didn't need two beds. The room itself was clean, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom clean as well. Just be warned there is nothing within walking distance as far as restaurants or stores so it's get in the car and drive if your hungry. All in all it was a good stay and we would use again when in the Springs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kelly P, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Guest, I am please to know that Stan our frontdesk Staff took great care of you. I hope by the time you return that the resturant right across the street will be finally built, so you may enjoy it.. We look forward to your future return and making you feel "at Home"
Kelly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Checked in about two weeks ago for extended stay. Was not comfortable with the room I was assigned so went to desk to see about changing rooms. Kelly at the desk was awsome. She immediately assigned me to a different room, with no hassle. Kelly really put forth awsome customer service. I have been a Retail Manager for 20 years and know great people skills and customer service when I see it and Kelly demonstrates that easily...

Recommend this Hotel...
Larry

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kelly P, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Colorado Springs, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments and recommendation Larry. It is our endeavor to provide the most pleasant experience possible for our guests. Thanks for taking the time to let us know our attempt to do just that was appreciated.

Been to Crestwood Suites of Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!