“Antler Hilton stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Baldwin, Wisconsin
“Antler Hilton stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

The first room we got had a tiny wee bathroom with just a shower, no bath. I contacted the front desk and spoke to a very pleasant guy called Ben. He informed me that he could not change our room that night but would the next day as I wanted a bath. I saw him the following morning and he assured me we would be changed that day. We moved to a lovely room with bath and I was much happier! Dealing with such a pleasant member of the hotel staff really made a difference to our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

AntlersHilton, General Manager at Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
At the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs, we want our guests to have the best experience possible, and were always willing to do what we can to make it that! We’re thrilled that a member of our team improved your stay and that your second day accommodations exceeded your expectations. We’ll be sure to share your comments with the staff member you specifically mentioned; he will be happy to hear them! Your praise for our employees is greatly appreciated and we hope that you will return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This hotel is perfect if you want to be in the heart of Downtown Colorado Springs. It is within walking distance of all the great restaurants and stores. While the quality of the hotel itself is standard, all of the staff there are very friendly and helpful. Mark (I think - the front desk Manager) was very helpful at check in and changed my two double beds that I had to a King which was very comfortable. The housekeepers were very friendly and noticed that I had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door for my whole trip and saw me leaving my room and asked if I wanted my room serviced or needed any extra supplies. Ingrid from front desk was very friendly with the zip checkout over the phone. The zip checkout is also nice because I woke up to an invoice in my door explaining the charges throughout my stay and said that if everything seemed right then I could just call the checkout and they would charge everything to my card. Regarding the bed bugs that other reviewers wrote about I did not experience any of that.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Your praise for our team at the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs is truly appreciated! We’ll be sure to share your warm words with the staff members you specifically mentioned; they will certainly put smiles on their faces. Providing great service is of utmost importance to us and it sounds like we delivered when it came to your experience. It would be a pleasure to serve you again.
Los Alamos, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed there July 4 weekend. The first night I got bite 3 times , second night 2 times. Thought they were spider bites. Brought them home, what a nightmare. Our home is no longer a home, everything we own is in black bags on our back deck or garage. Our furniture is all taken apart. The cost so far $679.00 for Termnix for 30 days, bedbug mattress containers $210.00, $60 clear and blacks. We get bite every night and my sweet grand baby gets bite. They have spread to all 4 bedrooms. We had to buy a steam washer $749.00 to wash all the cloths ,bedding and pillows because they got in the cloths and steam kills them and then after they are dried I put everything in clear plastic bags. I do at least 8 loads of wash a day. It's a nightmare. The hotel said they checked the room and it was fine. I wonder how many people are living my nightmare from the Antler Hilton Hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
AntlersHilton, General Manager at Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
First and foremost, we sincerely apologize that your experience at our property did not meet your expectations. Please know that when situations like this are reported, they are taken seriously and we have a very strict policy and procedure that we must follow to address them. When we receive a report, we instantly shut down the reported room, along with four additional rooms, above, below and on either side, to have them all investigated by a third-party. After your stay, an investigation was launched promptly, and as we have shared with you, the results were negative and showed no activity. We certainly understand your frustrations and we hope that with this news, we can regain your trust. If you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to us directly at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

The only reason to EVER stay in this hotel is the downtown location.

Shower water goes from scalding to ice.

Mini-fridge? Don't even think about it! Motel 6 has those.
Microwave? Yeah, as if. Super 8 has them.
Falling down? Yeah you better believe it.

Front desk told me that they were "due" for upgrades. The last one was about 10 years ago. Panel TV's didn't exist 10 years ago, so the staff lies.

Polite staff overall, exterior looks nice, but looks can be deceiving.

Best part of my stay was that this was a business trip, and I did not pay for the overpriced rooms.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
AntlersHilton, General Manager at Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
While we’re glad that our location and staff benefitted your stay, it’s disappointing to learn that other areas of your experience were not as satisfying. We do offer several of the amenities you mentioned upon request and we apologize if you were not aware of this. If there is anything that we can do to improve your trip, you can always reach out to our staff; we’re always willing to do what we can. Our facility is rich in history and we are doing everything we can to preserve it. Positive or otherwise, we always value our guests’ perspectives and we hope that you will consider returning in the future.
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Overall pleased with our stay at the Antlers, well situated in downtown Colorado Springs, staff very accommodating. Rooms nice size and the price was very reasonable. It is an older hotel but you can tell they are making an effort to modernize it. The new lobby is very elegant looking.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Your warm words for the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs are greatly appreciated! We’re thrilled that our staff and accommodations were the highlights of your stay. We invite you to return the next time you visit our city.
Scottsdale, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel is in a great location. It is within walking distance to downtown Colorado Springs with great restaurants. The staff was friendly and mad the check in and out easy. The Mountain View rooms are great to stay in, waking up to that is great!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

A trip to Colorado is not complete without seeing the Rockies, and it’s great that our scenic views added to your business trip. We’re glad that you decided to check out our local eateries and we hope that you will give our very own Judge Baldwin’s Brew Pub a try on a future visit. Thank you for writing about your experience.
Houston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Run down hotel in the heart of Colorado Springs. Had plumbing issues where pipes made noise all night and the only solution was giving me a box fan to drown out the noise. The next trip to this hotel the air conditioner wasn't working so I got the box fan again from engineering. I'm a silver member and could tell that I wasn't treated as well as other members with better status. Great location since it's the only hotel in DT Colorado Springs.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We sincerely apologize that maintenance issues troubled your last two stays with us. Please know that all of our guests, both HHonors members and non-members are very important to us and we do our best to provide everyone with the best experience possible. Your comments have been shared with our maintenance department to ensure the issues you’ve mentioned have been taken care of. We hope that you will give us another chance to impress you; we’re sure that your next stay will be much improved. Thank you for your feedback.

Been to Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!