Hilton is a world-renowned name for a well-maintained hotels and unparalleled quality service. However, do not rush to conclude that these principles applied across all the Hilton hotels and resorts. Our recent stay (six nights, 6/19-6/25/2014) in the Antlers Hilton in Colorado Springs, Colorado was a sad, exhausting, and debilitating experience.
This annoying ordeal began already on the first night. After a long and draining twelve and a half drive, from TX to the hotel, we received a room. The room was clean, immaculate, and had some welcome goodies on the beds, i.e. bathrobes and candies (a welcome amenities to Diamond members), but with the wrong size of bed. We booked the room with Hilton Honors’ reservation center and asked for king size bed, and yet the hotel reserved a room with two beds. Following our protest at the front desk, they found no records of our request for king size bed. The front desk said they all booked and has zero availability for rooms with king size bed. Apologetic and showing some empathy with our situation, they asked if we are willing to stay in current room until next day to meet our needs. Suddenly, two hours after (~11:00pm), the front desk said they have a room for us. The new room had a set and tidy king size bed, but the smell in the room already indicated that something is wrong. Not all the amenities we received in the original room, as diamond members, were there… no bathrobes, not enough towels, and certainly no toiletries.
Yet, the greatest surprise of the first night was awaiting us in bed. Just, when we finally were about to go sleep, we lift the comforter, and our eyes witnessed a large brown stain [I wish I would had taken a picture of it and post it on the web]. The source could have been some bodily discharge or food stain, but the main fact in this discussion was the hotel provided a dirty disgusting bed; considering the info that two hours before they said they are completely booked, and suddenly they have a room, showed that someone had checked out urgently in late afternoon or evening. Obviously, staff the clean and organize the room for the next guess, were not there (it was close to midnight). Our crying out to the reception initiated an immediate reaction and the house cleaner that gracefully came after a long hour expressed repulsiveness by the bed condition. The end of the first night.
Three nights of our stay, we had a dysfunctional AC. The temperature had not gone below 720F. Continuous complains to the front desk has resulted in phony sympathy smile and no real action. The first night we complained, they sent someone to open the window. Due to motorcycle show in the hotel area, and numerous cargo trains we endure a sleepless night. Despite the front desk promises that the AC malfunction will be resolved during the day, at night we experienced the empty promises.
On the 3rd night at ~11:00pm after a repeat complain, they sent a handy man that open the AC cover panel and found some broken, or dismantled part. He reinstalled the part, and yet in hindsight the AC did not work properly, but we got tired from complaining. The front desk keep saying that they repair the AC, when frankly they handled it poorly, because if the technician, or who ever came (according to the front desk), he would had found this broken part almost immediately… but that had not happened.
All this experiences were all an addition to often lack of bathroom necessities, i.e body wash gel, towels, shampoos, and one can’t forget the dust in the room; you had to, personally, ask the room maid to vacuum the carpet, coffee cups, and even bottles of water.
Experience I do not wish anyone, and I certainly recommend travelers to refrain from staying in this hotel.
Thanks for reading this review
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs hotel is located in the middle of trendy downtown Colorado Springs, Colorado. Stunning views of the Rocky Mountains and Pikes Peak, walk one block to Tejon Street, home of fantastic foodie approved restaurants, quaint one of a kind shopping, museums and a nightlife offering something for everybody, all of this and more make the Antlers Hilton hotel the perfect place to book your Colorado Springs retreat whether it's for leisure or business travel. The property features 285 guest rooms and 7 suites, all beautifully decorated and offering elegant touches and thoughtful amenities. Wifi is available in every room and is complimentary in the public areas of the hotel. Enjoy a real Colorado Springs dining experience with two on-site restaurants lead by our own award-winning executive chef. The Antler's Grille offers elegantly casual fine dining featuring elevated contemporary American cuisine while Judge Baldwin's brew pub, the original microbrewery in Colorado Springs, provides an upscale pub menu for lunch and dinner. Room service is always ready and waiting any time you want to stay in and dine in private. The indoor heated pool and hot tub feature an experience that won't be forgotten. Swim laps or just relax while enjoying being surrounded by windows providing breathtaking panoramic views of the Rocky Mountains and Pikes Peak. You'll love working out in our fully equipped fitness center which offers the same stunning views through the wall of floor to ceiling windows. Start planning your trip or special event today at the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs downtown hotel. The 27,500 square feet of flexible meeting space make it the perfect Colorado Springs hotel to host your team builder, conference, convention, wedding, reception, banquet or any social event that requires a learning auditorium, meeting rooms, accommodations and dining. No matter what the service area the Antlers Hilton strives to go above and beyond to ensure your stay or event is unforgettable. Take advantage of one of our online Special Offers, suited to every kind of budget. Book online today for additional savings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs Hotel Colorado Springs
- Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs
- Hilton Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Hilton