“Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Colorado Springs

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Colorado Springs to your Saves list
HYATT house Colorado Springs
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5805 Delmonico Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80919 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Buy 2 Get 20% Off
Ranked #19 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Antonio, United States
“Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was very comfortable, clean and spacious. The location was perfect. The breakfast was great and had a lot of veriety. The evening social is a plus and the appetizers were vey tasty. The pool was great and the staff was very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

As out-of-town guests visiting for a wedding which had an arrangement with the Hyatt House, we expected things to go off without a hitch. Unfortunately, the problems began from the moment we arrived. According to our booking confirmation, check-in time at the Hyatt House is 3:00 pm. To our dismay, when we arrived at 4:00 pm, we were told that our room was not ready and that we needed to wait (served with a side of bad attitude from the front desk staff). We were not able to check-in and take possession of our room until 4:30 pm, at which time we were running significantly behind schedule and, as result, were late to the wedding ceremony (which ruined our evening). Unfortunately, the problems continued into the next day. Although a standard courtesy in most other hotels, no one at the front desk bothered to inform us that breakfast ended at 10:00 am, so by the time we came down at 10:15 am, everything had been removed. When I asked housekeeping for a shower cap, we were told that the hotel didn't carry them. Finally, of the three televisions in our suite, only one worked. Overall, our one night stay at the Hyatt House and the service we received were dismal. To their credit, the GM/sales manager did agree to a partial refund following my letter of complaint, however it didn't even come close to covering our out-of-pocket costs for breakfast outside the hotel. Bottom line: Hyatt House is probably fine if you're just looking for a place to crash for a night. If, however, you are counting on other basic services (on-time check-in, functioning equipment, friendly staff, standard toiletries, regular breakfast hours, etc.), you may want to consider another hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HYATThouseGM, General Manager at HYATT house Colorado Springs, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Deana A,

I am so very sorry that your experience at our property was anything less than exceptional. We strive to "WOW" all of our guests and I truly apologize that we were not successful during your recent trip.
I completely understand your frustration and disappointment that you were unable to check in on time. I have addressed your comments with my housekeeping and front desk staff to make sure that it doesn't happen again. I have also had my maintenance team check all the TV's in your room to fix all issues.
Once again, I apologize that these issues were not corrected during your stay. We would love to be of service to you and your family again so if theres anything we can do to make that happen please let me know.

Kansas City, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Breakfast and breakfast staff are great. Hotel is a little run down for a Hyatt property. Plumbing is atrociously noisy and the hotel is located right next to train tracks that run all night with trains. Staff will not move you even if you are exhausted and have a new born baby.

Dear Justin S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very sorry that your stay fell short of your expectations.

I am very glad that you enjoyed the breakfast offerings during your stay. I also wanted to make you aware that our property will be going through a renovation at the end of August. We will be completely updating the lobby, breakfast room as well as public spaces. There will also be updates to all guest rooms.

I do apologize that the train kept you and your family awake at night. We do everything we can to relocate guests that are inconvenienced by the train noise. During your stay we were 100% sold out and we simply didnt have another room to relocate you to. Please let me know if you return and I will be sure to put you in a quiet room.

I do hope that you will give our hotel another chance in the future. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

OKC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Loved our stay because of the large rooms and the breakfast plus snack at night. Good internet service. The bed was very comfortable and had a large sleeper couch. A nice kitchen. Hotel staff very friendly.

McKenzie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at the Hyatt House. Would highly recommend. The staff were friendly and efficient. The facility was clean and well stocked. We enjoyed using our kitchen facilities. The pool was nice and we enjoyed the beauty and privacy of the pool area.

Charlottesville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Excellent accommodations, reasonably priced. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Full kitchen is very nice to have. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast and omelet station are great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Cheyenne, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed here while I was in town for a wedding. The suite is beautiful and the one great thing is the kitchen with a full size refrigerator, which I loved! However, I booked a king suite and got downgraded to a full size bed and it was hard as a rock! My back hurt so bad after two days and I know I will never stay at this hotel again. Also, the air conditioning unit never turns off, so I hope you like noise. The curtains don't do a great job of keeping out the light either. It's pretty but not satisfactory.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HYATThouseGM, General Manager at HYATT house Colorado Springs, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Donna S,

I would like to start out by apologizing that you were not given the suite type that you had booked. I understand that an incident like that can easily derail your travel experience. I am not sure why this incident occured but I will look into it and get in touch with you regarding what I find out.

I am terribly sorry that the bed you slept on was not comfortable and left you in pain after you checked out. Our property will be undergoing a renovation next month in which beds will be replaced and the suites will get small upgrades. We will be receiving the new HYATT Grand Beds which are very plush and comfortable. I do hope that you will return in the future to try out our new beds and amenities.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you in the future.

HYATT house Colorado Springs

Been to HYATT house Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!