“Excellent with burnt eggs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Colorado Springs

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Colorado Springs to your Saves list
HYATT house Colorado Springs
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5805 Delmonico Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80919 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Buy 2 Get 20% Off
Ranked #17 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Platteville, CO, United States
“Excellent with burnt eggs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had a wonderful stay at Hyatt House, CO Springs. Staff was friendly and willing to help out with any needs. Not stated in their add or pictures, but they have free weights, in their exercise room, ranging up to 50 lbs, which my husband enjoyed! Only problem was the eggs were slightly overdone every morning, for their breakfast! Didn't get to try the evening social, but am sure it was great! Also, recommend requesting a room with a pool view and not near the railroad tracks (they run RIGHT NEXT TO THE HOTEL!), unless your used to trains! Highly recommend this centrally located hotel for your next stay in Colorado Springs!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Holden, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Hyatt House offers a beautiful view of the Rocky Mountains. There are spacious suites with a king size bed and that include a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, stove and coffee maker. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I think this is the best place to stay in Colorado Springs. The only problem is that I had checked out and booked this hotel for three days the next week and cancelled two days as we went to the Rockies. When I arrived at 4:20 pm, they said the room was not ready yet, so I had to leave and return and when we got our room, we had a king room reserved, we got a single bed, not even a queen. So we went to the front desk and they kept stating that their computers were to blame, because we were staying for a short period, it switched our room. Then they offered to send us somewhere else, really? I had this room booked for over a week and then they called the manager and gave us the managers suite. We had already stayed there for 8 nights the weeks before.

Room Tip: Try to get a inner room and the top floor, there is a highway and train right next to the hotel, but...
Green Features: To me, some of them were difficult when we had an issue with our room.
ARVADA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Having been to another Hyatt House, (in Costa Rica), we were amazed at the free breakfast they had for the guests. We could have been eating at a very fine, upscale eating restaurant, and not a free breakfast! I assumed, incorrectly, that all Hyatt House facilities had the same sort of b-fast offerings...not even close. This was the same fare travelers are offered at a much cheaper hotel, the eggs were even powdered!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HYATThouseGM, General Manager at HYATT house Colorado Springs, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Charls D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests. We apologize that your recent stay with us was not up to your expectations.

We understand that you were dissapointed with the difference in the two HYATT house properties and wanted to inform you that we will be getting a full renovation next month. The lobby, breakfast room and public spaces will be renovated which will allow our property to offer the same amenities as the other HYATT house's. Our renovated property will feature a full bar with made to order food offerings. I would like to invite you back to our property after the renovation to enjoy our new amenities.

If I can be of further assistance to you please feel free to reach out to me at 719-268-9990.

Nick Kelley
Naperville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This Hyatt House looks like a lesser-quality property with the Hyatt name slapped on it. Rooms need more updating, amenities are inferior and breakfast is limited (including seating area). Honestly, it has the appearance and odor of a retirement facility.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HYATThouseGM, General Manager at HYATT house Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Howard K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our stay at the HYATT house Colorado Springs. I would like to express my apologies that our property did not live up to your expectations.

In your review you had mentioned that the property is in need of an update. I wanted to let you know that our property will be receiving a renovation in the fall of this year. We are looking forward to the new offerings that will be available to our guests. The renovation is slated to be completed in January of 2015 and I would love to invite you back to stay with us to experience the renovated property.

If I can be of assistance to you please feel free to reach out to me. I can be reached at
719-268-9990.
Georgetown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I booked this hotel at 30% off or we wouldn't have stayed there. Colorado Springs is so expensive because of the tourists and we got a heck of a deal on this room. The location was very convenient for our activities and there were not a lot of other hotels in the area. We asked for and received a room with a mountain view. Breakfast was tasty but 3 days of scrambled eggs and sausage links - would have preferred more rotating variety as I do not eat eggs. Business center very convenient and I am glad we were able to check in and print boarding passes directly from my room. I read other reviews where people complained of noise from the train - if you can sleep next to an interstate, you can sleep next to a train. I didn't notice it but once and it was during the day. Only notable problem I saw was the toaster had a coating of dust on the top. That wasn't enough to deter me - if I stay in an extended stay property I wash all the dishes, utensils and countertops before using anyway. Just wish someone would have been more thorough when cleaning the room. Overall, can't wait to go back!

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed here two nights while in town for a job interview. Great location that is convenient to almost everything in Colorado Springs. The one bedroom suite was nice and spacious with a comfy couch, separate bedroom and two TV's. We had an inside room with a view of the pool that was right by the elevator but was nice and quiet. The complementary breakfast was nice with good omelets and excellent bacon!

We will be staying at this hotel again when back in town and if we have the need need for an extended stay hotel before finding a house we will for sure stay here as it has a very nice kitchen area as well.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to HYATT house Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!