“Nice Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Colorado Springs

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Colorado Springs to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Colorado Springs
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   503 Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80907 (Formerly AmeriSuites Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #22 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
“Nice Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is the third time I have booked a room with the Hyatt Place. We are never disappointed. The rooms are well appointed and having the couch in a separate area is quite nice if you are ready for bed but the person you are with would like to stay up and watch a bit of tv or read. The room was clean and inviting. Our room overlooked the highway but it was never a problem for us. We had wanted to go to the pool that evening but found it to be overrun with kids. Not a bad thing, just not what we were wanting. The breakfast is quite good and it has a huge selection of items! When we travel I always look to see if there is a Hyatt Place at that particular city. If so, I book it!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Had a one night romantic get away here 7/26/14 and the staff (all of them) were very very warm and friendly. All seemed so genuine. The room was nice and breakfast was yummy. Fitness center is average but got the job done.

Room Tip: Request a room on the west side of the building (opposite the interstate) it will be more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Wichita, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Clean, well appointed & fairly priced for the area. Mountain view room did not have noise issues several of the reviews have mentioned. Would stay again. Nice selections for breakfast. Good job Hyatt!

Stayed July 2014
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stopped in for a quick one night stay on a road trip with our two kids. They were DELIGHTED to find the pool was outside (I'd forgotten this, and was relieved the storms that day had already passed through!) The pool area is nice and has a great mountain view. Starbucks coffee and a full bar was a nice touch and both were utilized! Breakfast was great. Bathroom in our room was pretty tiny, but we've typically stayed at Hyatt House properties with big bathrooms so our expectations were a little off. We were very happy with the location right off I-25 and a neighboring Chick-fil-a made us all happy, too! No complaints about our room facing the interstate and didn't find it to be noisy or bothersome at all. One request I'd have of management is not to allow guests to smoke just outside the gates of the pool, we had a couple sit and chain smoke while we were swimming and didn't appreciate the second hand smoke. Overall a great pick for families!

Room Tip: Mountain view would be nice but would possibly have some noise from the pool - that side of the hote...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed here for two nights and for the most part, enjoyed my stay. The room was spacious, the breakfast was good, and the WiFi was speedy. On the down side, it took a long time to check in. There was one person ahead of me in line and two people working the front desk, but it still took over 15 minutes to check in.

My room was also noisy, as it was located on the side facing the freeway. When I made the reservation, I specifically asked for a room facing away from the freeway, and when I checked in, the front desk staff assured me that I had such a room. But that was not the case, and because there were no other rooms available, I was stuck. I used a white noise app on my iPad to help, but the noise was still significant. Another noise issue involved the doors to the rooms, which are quite heavy and do not have a soft-close feature. I heard doors slam night and day, and every time that would happen, my door would shake as well.

Overall it was an okay stay. Not sure I would stay here again, as there are a lot of other options in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The room was clean and the bed was VERY comfy! I would suggest a Mountain Side room. The view of the mountains were great! Breakfast was free and had everything you would ever need or want. Great location, Manitou Springs, Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak are all very close. Plus there are hundreds of restaurants near by. The only thing I was disappointed in was no coin operating laundry. It was the last leg of our trip and our clothes were getting grubby. They have laundry service, but $4.50 for a SHIRT (this is normal for laundry service by the way, nothing against the Hyatt). It's 2014, I don't think people are willing to pay those prices anymore and would rather just wash their clothes themselves. We had a king bed and it was so comfortable. I also wish the movies weren't so expensive. They were like $15.00 per movie in the room. That's a little ridiculous. Wi-Fi is free though and that's always a good thing!!

Room Tip: Get a mountain side room for sure!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mahwah, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights while my daughter was at volleyball camp. I thought the room was spacious and clean. The fridge and small sink in the "kitchen" area were convenient. Breakfast was tasty and easy to access. Good spot to stay if you're interested in Pikes Peak or Garden of the Gods. Plenty of restaurants nearby along with Albertson's for supplies. Pool area was small, but seemed clean and the Boy Scouts seemed to enjoy it.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Hyatt Place Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!