My wife and I were in town visiting a relative at the Air Force Academy when we stayed at the Homewood Suites. The location was excellent. Very central to the academy, restaurants, shopping, and outdoor activities. Now, as I write this review it's been a few months since our stay, but I remember the staff and facility were great. No complaints there. We've stayed at other Homewood Suites and the room was exactly as we expected--clean, cozy, and well maintained. The breakfast buffet was not the best I've had, but certainly acceptable and no less than you'd expect for a hotel in this price range.
What remains crystal clear in my mind however, is the incredibly uncomfortable bed. Wow. This had to be the most uncomfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. I'm very easy going so I made the best of it and I didn't complain since everything else was fine with our stay and we were in good spirits overall. But man, that bed was awful! I woke up sore every morning. A previous reviewer mentioned that you can literally feel the coils digging into your side. That is no exaggeration!
In retrospect, I wish I'd said something to hotel management in hopes that they might address the issue for future guests. Perhaps its an isolated problem with the room we stayed in (sorry, I can't remember the room number), but unless the previous reviewer stayed in the exact same room I did, I doubt it's just one bed.
All in all, I can't knock the hotel too much because we had a nice stay, and the location, service, and condition of the hotel make it worthy of consideration. I would maybe stay there again, but I would definitely ask for extra blankets or padding for the bed if it became a problem. My stay was only 3 nights though, which helped make the situation somewhat tolerable. An extended stay might be ill-advised if comfortable sleep is something that you enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upscale extended stay property. All two room suites with king or double beds, separate living room-kitchen, complimentary Suite Start Breakfast daily and Welcome Home Reception Mon-Thur. Fitness Center, outdoor pool, and access to the YMCA. Located in the prestigious Briargate area. Close to the Promenade Shops At Briargate, with 7 restaurants, and upscale shopping. Only minutes from the USAF Academy and just across the street from Focus on the Family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Colorado Springs North Hotel Colorado Springs
- Homewood Suites Colorado Springs
- Hilton Colorado Springs
- Homewood Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Hilton
- Colorado Springs Homewood Suites