“Good hotel. A little noisy in the room.” 4 of 5 stars

Double Rewards-2X Points
Ranked #17 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Overland Park, Kansas
“Good hotel. A little noisy in the room.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had an enjoyable stay recently when my family was in Colorado Springs for my son's hockey tournament. The breakfast was good, although pricey if you don't have a voucher. The staff was friendly with good check in and check out experiences. The rooms were very noisy and we were able to hear everything above, below and next to us as well as the hallway. It's located near a nice little shopping area across the street with several good dining options. Overall a good but not great experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you so much for the valuable feedback. I hope that the other guests weren't too disruptive.

Excelellent point about the breakfast. While many of your negotiated accounts may include breakfast, our Family and non-business travelers, should look for the Bed and Breakfast rate plan which offers the Full Cooked to Order breakfast at half the cost. While $9.95 can't be beat for an all inclusive and all you can eat breakfast, the Bed and Breakfast includes 2 kids up to twelve years of age at no additional cost.

We hope to have an opportunity to have you as our guest again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great place to stay, Food was good fresh fruits serve cereals bacon and pancake eggs . The room is very quite and clean. I am impressed because they have Keurig machine with different selection of coffee and tea. The bathroom is very clean. Staff are very helpful and friendly. The place is closer and convenient to the Mall . There is a place for the family to stay and hang out . This place is five star for me. I used to stay in another brand hotel and I after so many years there service declined. This is very best place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be staying with us again at some point in time.

I will be pleased to share your feedback with our team!
Nashville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I'm writing this review on behalf of my boss and other employees who have stayed here over the years. It is the closest most convenient hotel to our corporate location so we use it a lot. However, convenience really isn't enough to compensate anymore. In the last year I've received reports from various folks staying there that the quality and service just isn't being kept up. The rooms and carpeting are overdue for refreshing and the AC has gotten much noisier over the years. This has been noted by all the employees staying there.

My boss just stayed there last week for the second time in 45 days and he said that the exercise equipment was not functioning and that the coffee in the lobby had a stale taste to it both times. He did say that the rooms and the bathrooms are clean and that they still replenish the amenities daily and there is a coffee maker in the rooms so that has remained a good point.

The latest little snafu is what has me questioning this hotel. My boss is very good about getting me his receipts so I can file his expense report in a timely manner. His hotel bill reflected one amount but when the charges from the hotel hit his credit card bill they were $20 over the amount shown. I of course called the hotel and they assured me that this was just the amount that they held in "reserve" for incidentals and that it had been released the morning of his departure. And if the credit card company would just fax them a release notice they would get it all taken care of.

I called the credit card and they assured me that no, this was not a hold it was an actual charge. After several call-backs the manager told me that my boss would be credited $10 in the next couple of days. I reminded her that the charge was $20 and she blamed the error referencing someone else's stay. So seems they now "hold" money on your credit card and it is up to you to be sure that the receipt you receive matches your credit card charge.

Up until now I would have recommended this hotel since it has been so good for us for so long. But things have really changed and I can't really say that anymore. Sorry.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response regarding your boss's experience at the hotel on his most recent visit.

I greatly enjoyed speaking with you on the phone and apologize again with the mishap regarding the credit card. I wish it was something we could have seen in the system for an easier find of the error. As I mentioned, the company that processes are cards should have processed that error last night and you will see that return of the $20 overage within the next couple days.

It is certainly never our intention to displease any guest and we certainly value your business. Occasionally, we do need to have outside vendors work on our equipment, like the treadmills, and it is definitely a pain. The treadmills are completely up and running as of 4:30pm yesterday. As always, in the interim, we continue to offer the complimentary passes to our YMCA.

I am thrilled to let you know that we will be wrapping up our lobby renovation by the end of this year, which began last summer, and rooms are next on the list.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to call me directly at the hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Good stay, not great. You can hear everything your neighbors are doing. Great breakfast choices, fresh fruit, made for you eggs, pancakes, French toast, etc. Room is clean, but bathroom shower curtain and shore head not efficient. Overall good stay!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for posting feedback on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to offer advice to anyone looking to stay at our hotel.

We hopet o have you as our guest again!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Best assessable room I've stayed in. Plenty room for wheelchair, lowered vanity, roll in shower that drains well. Great room service, great front desk. Only wish would have been that room wasn't all they way at end of hallway...

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased the ADA room met your needs, witht the exception of a little distance from the lobby. It is always good to know that it is accommodating.

We look forward to having you visit again!

Pearl City, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a really nice and new hotel. The rooms were standard Hilton quality rooms. The showers were clean and the room was very clean. The breakfast and the cookies were very good. The breakfast bar had an omelette bar where they had eggs cooked to order. You take a number and they bring it to your table. The fruit were good with cantaloupe, honey dew melon, pineapple and various strawberries, raspberries, and blue berries. The meats were good with bacon and sausages. Overall the breakfast was good. If you didn't have a coupon it would cost around $10.

I know you don't go traveling to watch TV, but the channels seem to be very limited. They did have HBO but there is no guide for the TV like you would have with a cable TV. The high definition TV was very good. Half the time I was searching for what was on TV between the commercials.

You could walk across a very busy highway to go to the Briargate Shopping Center. There is a Panera Bread, Ted Montana Ranch, PF Chang and all sort of good stores. Very nice and seems to be a new shopping center.

Last the best part is they always had coffee or water (with lemon and cucumber) at the front entrance. You really need to drink a lot of fluids at 7,200 feet altitude.

Room Tip: The hotel is sort of a U-shape hotel and I was on the second floor as far away as you could be from...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you so much for such clear feedback! I know many travelers will appreciate it.

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast but that the TV left a little to be desired. There will be an upgrade to that system within the year so hopefully it will inlude the guide.

Yes, we are a U shape with one central elevator. If you aren't a stairs person, certainly smart to request to be near the elelavator for our building.

We hope you will stay with us again!

Colorado Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was in Colorado Springs for a wedding and this was the perfect place to stay! Close to the highway and the Air Force base, very comfortable rooms and really great breakfast! The staff were all very welcoming and accommodating. I didn't get to go to the pool, hot tub or fitness room, but next time I will!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We hope the wedding was a true success and that you will be able to come visit us again when you have more free time.

Have a great summer!

Shannon Arwood-Dionese

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!