“Very accommodating!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Rosemead, CA
“Very accommodating!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Usually when I travel anywhere, I request a quiet room away from the elevators and ice machines. I have a hard time sleeping in strange surroundings. The request was filled with a smile even though I checked in late and was given several choices. I was also tired from the long travel day. They even had cookies at the check in counter.

The room was clean and fresh. Linens had that new feel to them. Free wi-fi was easy to setup. The only issue I had was with the small fridge. The noisy fan would turn on just when I was about to fall asleep and would do this throughout the night. Luckily I came prepared with ear plugs, but I didn't discover them until the next night. Suffice it to say, I was very tired the next day. I was able to check out the small gym and indoor pool which was clean and had enough equipment to get a short workout in. I didn't eat at their restaurant for any meals as there was plenty of eating establishments just across the street from the hotel. Two thumbs up for the Apple Store! A definite bonus! There's also an awesome steakhouse (Ted's Montana Grill), which I'll review later.

If you ever visit Colorado Springs, I would recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the mountains!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for the feedback on the hotel. I am so sorry that the HVAC unit distrurbed you. I, like you, sleep relatively lightly and I can appreciate that. I am glad at home that we don't have to have the units in our rooms.

You are correct, Ted's Montana Grill is fantastic! That is one of my favorite places at the Promenade Shops at Briargate.

We hope we will have an opportunity to have you as our guest again!

Shannon Arwood - GM

Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights b/c of business meetings in N. Colorado Springs. The bed was great - each side had firmness adjustments, so it was nice to experiment with that. Room was very clean and mostly well-provisioned (had to request more body lotion and coffee supplies). Included fridge and microwave, along with the usual coffee maker, iron, etc. The view of Pikes Peak from my room was lovely. Cable TV offering was very limited, with 20% of the channels devoted to sports, 25% to local channels, and a very meager selection of the rest of a typical cable menu. Parking lot lights were very bright in my room - I don't like to completely use black-out drapes - I like a little nighttime light, but the outside lights shone very bright into my room. Also, I had a hard time controlling the temperature in the room - it was either too cold w/ a loud air conditioner or too warm with a loud heater. So my sleep was disturbed each night. Breakfast, which was not included, was good. There were two tiers: 9.95 for full breakfast, and 6.95 for continental breakfast. However, I never saw anything describing continental breakfast, or what was included. There was only a banner describing the full breakfast. Not knowing that I had a choice, I had the full breakfast my first day. It would have been better to see something describing the option. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs room with mountain view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Alamosa, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

This hotel is right across the street from shopping and the California Pizza Kitchen and a few other places. The rooms are a good size with great views.

Make sure to pay the little extra for the breakfast, you $10 more for the bed and breakfast rate and get a great cooked to order meal.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Ropin
Palm Harbor, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Near the AFA but a little far away from Ft Carson. restaurant on premises open only for breakfast but several restaurants (California Pizza Kitchen, Panera's P F Chang's, and others across the street). Friendly staff, Clean. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank InterntlTraveler10
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stayed here for a football weekend. The location is great. Convenient to everything on the north side of town and USAFA. The bed was not the most comfortable, but I sleep on a tempurpedic at home so nothing else compares. The "sleep number system" either doesn't work or doesn't work well, the bed was perpetually firm. But the accommodations were right where they need to be for the price.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank jayll135
Des Moines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We are traveling cross country with family and discovered Hilton Garden Inns, so decided to try this one as well. For the price, this was a tremendous value. I see hints of Hilton from my previous days of business travel. Beds are comfortable, hot showers, clean, well lit, GOOD FREE tea and coffee in the lobby. As another reviewer said, the staff - ALL of them - were helpful, friendly and gracious. My husband asked me what was up because we had a similar experience at this hotel in Flagstaff. The people that work here seem to like their jobs.

OK, now the breakfast: Though it is not free - we upgraded to the bed-and-breakfast rate, which was a deal as we are traveling with two teenage boys - this breakfast tops all others. It is seriously a made-to-order, high quality HOT breakfast with a skilled cook with a pleasant smile - we even tipped her! Tip: The green chili sauce on the breakfast burritos is wonderful - ask for some for your omelet. My veggie omelet was so good, and not just because I have been eating continental breakfast hard-boiled eggs all week! The rest of the fare is delicious - blueberries, strawberries, melon, delicious yogurt (not the stuff in the small containers but the REAL stuff!), toast, good oatmeal, granola, pancakes, three kinds of juice ... mmmmm. Oh, and real plates and utensils so not filling a landfill with all the free breakfast refuse.

The only negative was that the breakfast hostess kept taking her cigarette breaks right outside our window so our "smoke-free" room - well, we were getting smoke-for-free! Yech!!

For about $100 per night, this is a great rest stop and we'll stay again.

By the way - do leave yourself some time to visit Garden of the Gods. It is a gem of an attraction and just about 20 minutes from this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank BlueRibbonCookies
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Positive: Comfortable beds, clean room with great facilities, nice bathrooms, free tea/coffee/hot chocolate available in reception to go, quick internet in office center that was never too busy, breakfast costs $10 but has a very wide range of food. Staff were Extremely nice and always polite and helpful - every single member. Close to Briargate shopping mall.
Negative: Quite far away from downtown, indoor pool was small (but has nice jacuzzi) and fitness center only has a few machines BUT you can get free access to Gold's Gym when you present your room key which was a great benefit.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family