“A nice hotel - Customer Service top notch - No Hot Tub” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #22 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado
“A nice hotel - Customer Service top notch - No Hot Tub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a nice Courtyard hotel. We just had one night so it worked fine for us for the most part. I was disappointed that there was no hot tub. I don't think I have ever stayed at a Marriott that didn't have one and I've stayed at many Courtyards and Fairfields. It is a basic hotel for sleeping needs, nothing fancy at all. I am giving this four stars only because the service was excellent. When we called for extra towels in the evening, they were brought up immediately. The breakfast was delicious and the service at the restaurant far exceeded my expectations of a Courtyard. Front desk staff was super kind and helpful too!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Gene A, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Gelika,

Thank you so much for the kind review of our property. I am so glad that you had a nice experience and impression of our property and staff. Feedback like yours really helps validate the hard work that our staff does in maintaining the property and providing memorable guest experiences. Sorry about the hot tub. I will pass on your kind words to our staff and hope you will come and see us again when your travels bring you back to Colorado Springs. Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Slovak first
Gering, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The rooms appear to have been recently renovated and were nicer then most..Courtyards. We had a king room with a small sofa. The front desk staff was friendly and courteous ion check in and out. The maid staff never serviced our room. We left o the room about 10 am and when we came back late in the evening it hadn't been cleaned. The first morning we were there we were woken by loudly Spanish speaking maids. The location was good a few minutes from the highway and least then ten to zoo.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jyssica S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. As you mentioned we recently completed a major rooms renovation and are very pleased with the results. I am truly sorry that you had a cleaning and noise issue that detracted from your enjoyment of the property. This is a very unusual occurrence and I will follow-up with our staff to detrmine what could have happened and to ensure that it does not occur in the future. I hope that you will give us another chance to gain your trust on your next visit to Colorado Springs.
Kokomo, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here for an overnight stop while exploring the wonderful state of Colorado. The hotel was very easily accessible from the highway and had a couple restaurants within walking distance. They only had a small Bistro in house with a very limited menu. They did have Starbucks coffee available and the chai tea latte was great. We were in a newly remodeled room on the ground floor. It had sliding glass doors that opened up to a very nice patio area looking out on the courtyard area. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was very clean. The young lady checking us in was very professional but needed to be a little more friendly. Smile!! Check-in and Check-out were quick and painless. Free wi-fi and parking!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tsbritt,

Thank you the nice review of our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us...and the Starbucks Chai Tea:) It is nice to hear all of your positive impressions, but equally as important to hear constructive feedback to help us grow. We will keep working on the smiles :) Please come back and see us the next time you are in "the Springs" Safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel is newly renovated and SUPER CLEAN! Superb management and friendly service make it an exceptional place to stay. We were there for over a week and couldn't have asked for a better stay. It was wonderful!!! :)

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Daughter111,

Thank you so much for the great review. It will be fun sharing this with our staff. I am so happy that you had such a memorable stay and that everyone treated you well. We take pride in providing this type of experience and it's great to hear that we were successful. PLease come see us again when your travels bring you to Springs. Thanks again for taking the time to complete a review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I travel frequently for business, but have never felt compelled to write a review for a business travel stay until now. Like many of the newly renovated Courtyard's this particular Marriott is a really great place to spend a night or two while away from home. They really provide everything you would want at a hotel in a comparable price range. What I did not anticipate was the level of integrity and service of the entire staff. Here is what happened. I forgot to retrieve my iPad from my room prior to checking out of the hotel. When I finally figured out that my iPad was missing, I called the hotel and much to my delight they had located the iPad and would FedEx to my home the next day. What I did not know until I checked my email later in the day was that the general manger had already left me messages that they noticed I had left the iPad in my room, and that I could come get it or have it shipped home if I was no longer in town. That email was sent 1 hour after checkout. This to me demonstrates not only the service level of the front desk to take care of their guests, but also the integrity of their housekeeping staff. When I got home today, my iPad was already waiting for me, sent via FedEx. If you are traveling to Colorado Springs, this is the place to come. The hotel staff clearly looks out for their guests even after they have left. Can't wait to thank the staff in person on my next stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Gene A, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I wanted to thank you personally for such a kind review of our property and staff. I am so glad that you enjoyed the stay and the follow-up care. We are always concerned when a guest leaves personal belongings behind, especially when they are of significant value or importance. Our AGM Matt deserves the credit for reaching out to you about your Ipad. While this is standard practice for Matt, it is so nice to hear about the positive impression you were left with about him, our staff and property.

I look forward to having you back and the Courtyard and meeting you in person. Once again, thank you for your business and for the kind words.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Very good place to base your stay in Colorado Springs. Comfortable Marriott bed and bedding. Very clean- my compliments to housekeeping. Always stay here or Residence Inn down the street
when in the Springs area. A little hard to find for newcomers, but you can do it. Quiet place. Not right on top of all attractions and hubbub.
Handy to 2 shopping and dining areas 4-6 blocks away. Chili's , Applebee's, Rio Bravo, Red Lobster, Outback Steakhouse etc. Fast Food, Ice Cream, Pizza, and Movies in these shopping areas. Large Grocery nearby and pharmacy. Hey what more could you want?
Pleasant staff, nice rooms and lobby. I am not a fan of the way Marriott has changed the in house dining from a true sit down experience to order pre-packaged at the counter, but I must be in the minority. Some people must like to pay $12 for cup of Starbucks and bagel just because it is fast.
Hotel is close to zoo ,Seven Falls, and great golf and fine dining at the pricey Broadmoor Hotel. Other attractions less than 5 miles. Reccomend it and did not give 5 stars just because I am still upset Bill Marriott changed the dining format without my input.

Room Tip: Have stayed in several over the years...no problem with any.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Gene A, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you such a nice and comprehensive review of our property and staff. It is our goal to make everyone that visits us as happy as you are. We just completed a major renovation and we could not be prouder of our staff and hotel. I will pass along your comments to them.

As for the Bistro concept, I understand your comments and will pass them along as well. Prior to the Bistro, our property, as well as the majority of Courtyards, offered only a buffet breakfast. With the Bistro, all hot food items are freshly prepared and cooked to order. I hope you will come back to see us the next time you are in "the Springs". Let us offer you some samples of our Bistro items. Safe travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is a really solid property. It appears they've just finished renovations and everything seems to be in nice shape.

Location wasn't all that important to me on this stay, but it wasn't too far from the interstate and I found plenty of nearby dining options to choose from.

I'm always sensitive to noise from other rooms, but I didn't notice a thing during my time here. I don't know if that's a function of good walls or good neighbors, but it was a restful night sleep.

The front desk staff was very pleasant. Didn't partake in the hotel restaurant, but there was a lot of action there when I returned from dinner in the evening.

All in all, very pleased with the stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear KCBOY,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. I am so pleased that you liked the new renovation and especially that our staff took good care of you. We will continue to strive for improvement and hope you will come see us the next time your travels bring you back to the "Springs".

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Colorado Springs South? Share your experiences!