“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Sedona
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

We have nothing but good to say about our stay. Nice location with restaurants close by. Very clean. Comfortable beds and pillows. Nicely appointed. Would stay here again.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Our family of four visited Colorado Springs to tour Colorado College as well as do some hiking. This hotel was the perfect location--convenient, quiet, pretty with a balcony looking out at greenery. Very well kept hotel and staff very friendly. The only downside was having to pay for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Renovations of the property are complete and the Courtyard by Marriott Colorado Springs South is once again a fine place to stay. The location of the property is perfect...just out of the busy World Arena, Zoo and Broadmoor areas. It is still close enough to be back into the middle of things very quickly. I was very pleased with the property.

Nice towels, amenities, and furnishings in the room as well as a comfortable bed made for a really nice stay. The redecoration of the lobby and restaurant area made the property very nice.

In all, this is a nice place to stay that is conveniently located. I would stay here again any time I came this way. I guess my rating would be ... just plain nice. :)

Room Tip: All of the room seems well placed and quiet to me.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Ruidoso, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I have only one complaint about this place: they didn't have smoking rooms so my boyfriend and I got a room on the first floor close to an exit door so that we could step outside to smoke. The housekeeper and the front desk lady were basically stalking us at this point, sniffing around my door and whatnot. this didn't bother me much since i was doing nothing wrong. We had a DND sign on our door the entire time we were there, since i saw no need for service and it was easier for me to have me things where i want them and not worry about the housekeeper messing with anything, but at 9:30 the next morning we awoke to a housekeeper just walking on in. I was mad. I am a headhousekeeper where i am from and this was entirely unacceptable, if the housekeeping can't follow rules i wouldn't allow them to continue working under me and making the hotel look bad, like it did at this moment. if it wasn't for the suspicious behavior and the just walking in my room in the morning before it was even check out time i probably would have rated this one more higher. next time give someone their personal space, you saw us walking out for a smoke every hour, what on earth made you think we were smoking in that room?

Room Tip: it seemed that some rooms had balconies and some didn't, our friend stayed up stairs and had a s...
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

This Courtyard, which is convenient to the World Arena, Zoo and Broadmoor, is under renovation that should improve the quality of the stay here. The guest rooms are dated and the bathrooms are very small with almost no counter and sink space (figure skating competitors take note). We did find the staff here to be especially friendly and accommodating, and the free coffee and very good quick food selections were a big bonus. All in all we would stay here again over a couple of the other choices around the world arena, even with its limitations.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Webster, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We had a wonderful time in Colorado Springs and this hotel was a key ingredient. Everything about our stay was perfect. The room was spotless. The facilities were great. We enjoyed the pool and whirlpool. All in all, what we've come to expect from Courtyard.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We were in town Labor Day weekend for our nephew's wedding. The Courtyard was priced higher than most of the other hotels, but we booked there because we like the Courtyard brand, and breakfast was included in our nightly rate. After a series of numerous errors at check-in, our stay was fine. But, they could certainly improve their staff working the front desk.

As I was checking in, the gentleman at the desk told me that due to some renovations taking place, our breakfast would be discounted. I explained that breakfast was included in our reservation, and he immediately became defensive. He first said that he did not see it in our reservation, then stated that this Courtyard did not participate in "those type of promotions" and we would have to pay. I explained that I had booked directly from the Marriott website, and when I showed him the confirmation on my iPad, he said he would make an "exception."

He then wrote our room number on the key envelope, and gave us our keys. When we arrived at our room, the key would not work. My husband swiped it several times, and then the room door quickly swung open....the room was already occupied! And the current guest wasn't too happy that we were trying to get in!

Again, I go back to the front desk. I explain what happened, and he simply said he didn't know why he wrote that number down. As he was giving me our new set of keys, I told him he should probably call the disrupted guest and let him know what happened. Hopefully, he did.

We finally arrived at our room, and found it to be two queen beds, instead of the King we had requested. At this point, I was too frustrated to say anything.

Again, the hotel is your typical Courtyard, and is perfectly fine. It was simply the actions of one desk clerk that made our "first impression" less than stellar.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Colorado Springs South? Share your experiences!