“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed 3 nights with 2 adults and 2 teenagers. The room was comfortable and clean. The shower worked great and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was adequate. Not fancy but enough that we started our day with full stomachs. The location was fantastic just off I-25. They had a business center were we were able to print our boarding passes. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. For the price it was a good find and we will stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jerome H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your review. The highest compliment we can get is repeat business which is earned by delivering good value and service to our guests. We are happy you had a good stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

719-329-7444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was in town for work and stayed for 2 weeks in March. The front desk staff was always pleasant and helpful. The night staff was particularly so. The hotel is in the middle of some sort of renovation, so some areas are clearly not "done" - such as weird gaps in the ceiling of the pool room and construction debris on the pool deck. Honestly I couldn't tell which rooms were remodeled and which weren't. (The rooms next to me had some painting done while I was there, but other than the door being a different color they looked the same as my 2nd room.)

My first room smelled of smoke and the heater kept cycling - it turns out the glass slider didn't actually close (issue with the track). So cold air kept blowing in the heater, which kicked it on. And smoke was coming in the room from people smoking outside in the courtyard. Also there was no shower curtain. Considering I had a 2 week reservation and the hotel was rather empty I'm not sure why they put me in a "not ready" room. The next day I was moved to a new room with a working (closing) window (and a shower curtain). But there was no bedspread or cover on the duvet. I asked about it (twice) but it never appeared, so I stopped worrying about getting the duvet dirty from putting stuff on the bed. I also had to ask for clean towels one day, my room was never made up at all another day, my bed was not made up a different day. Generally just very spotty housekeeping service.

Breakfast is all fat, artificial sweeteners, and carbs. Since I have food allergies there wasn't anything there I could eat other than hard boiled eggs and fruit (if there was any). And no decaf coffee. So I stopped checking.

I was fortunate that there were no groups of young people in my area of the hotel. At some points there were large groups, and they apparently were very noisy and inconsiderate of other guests.

Oh, and the wifi was INCREDIBLY spotty. It worked fine the first week, and was completely broken at least 50% of the time the second week. Even during our meeting, when we were told they were making special effort to keep it up and running, it was unreliable.

Overall:
- breakfast not worth eating
- pool and spa were great, but area had sketchy debris and was clearly unfinished
- room was fine (once i switched)
- housekeeping varied from great to non-existent
- wifi varied from great to non-existent
- location was very convenient
- front desk staff helpful (but did not always have influence over housekeeping)

Room Tip: Rooms on courtyard have no street noise, but smokers go out there so if you open the window you migh...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jerome H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying with us for two weeks in March! Yes, we are finishing up our pool project and adding final touches to all guestrooms in preparation for Peak Season. This includes the addition of a new Bistro C Restaurant Concept which will provide better quality food items for breakfast and dinner. We were experiencing internet issues during your stay due to outages but we were also in the process of adding additional bandwidth to our Internet which has now been completed. Finally, we have added new staff that provide great service but are still learning the ropes. I will touch base with all Department Managers regarding your feedback and we will focus on delivering better service.

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

So I will do this review on this hotel with pros and cons lists just to clarify.

Pros:
Great decor
Wonderful Service that helped us decide the restaurant we are going to.
Decent breakfast
Best sleep we had on our entire tour Colorado trip.
Great pool with great area (minus cons about it)
Everything else was THE BEST!!!!!

Cons:
Cheerios outside of a room on 2nd floor for 2/3 of our trip.
No towels in pool area and when called to restock gave had towels Day 1 but Day 2 worked fine.
Breakfast wasn't anything fancy except for what it looks like

We will stay here the next time we are in Colorado Springs.

Room Tip: The pool is rather cold, so don't be prepared for a warm pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jerome H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for providing us with great objective feedback about your stay at the property which will be used to make our team better. We firmly believe that delivering superior service makes the difference between a good stay and a great stay. Our hotel team is extremely happy that you had a great stay overall. Thanks and much appreciated that we have earned the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had a nice, clean room. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet has quite a few items to choose from. This hotel is conveniently located...just a short walk to the downtown area. I very much enjoyed my week long stay here and would definitely stay here again when visiting my son and his family in Colorado Springs. It is a good value for the price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Taves M, General Manager at Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for the positive review. We are delighted that you had a great service experience at our hotel during your week long stay in Colorado Springs, Colorado. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel every year for the past 5 years. Great rooms, comfortable beds, nice courtyard and pool, yummy free breakfast, free wi-fi, close and accessible to all the attractions that CO Springs has to offer, in close walking distance to Downtown CO Springs and many restaurants, etc. We LOVE staying here, the Staff is so friendly and helpful it's like seeing good friends every year. Looking forward to this year!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jerome H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the positive review. We highly value the relationship that we have developed with you over the years and are delighted for another opportunity to host you and your family again later this year.

Colorado Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

When I went to check in, I went up to my room and it was not set up. Furniture was moved around and the bed sheets weren't even on the bed. There was a vaccum still in the room and trash on the floor. I checked out immediately after the five minutes I was there. Please contact me because I have more questions I'd like to address 9702326455

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jerome H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my deepest apologies for the experience you had during a recent stay with us. Thanks for providing me with your contact information! I will be happy to address all of your questions and will be in contact with you very soon. I have also provided my phone number below for reference.

Minneapolis, MN.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

It is average but in the elevators they invite guests to a Manager's Reception M-F. First time I went they had 4 liquors, 2 wines, local beer and no pop. Food was chips & salsa. 2nd day was stocked more

Room Tip: If you like train whistles in the distance, (it's soothing to me), stay on the 3rd or 4th floors...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jerome H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my deepest apologies regarding your experience at our Managers Reception. We have phased out our Managers Reception as of January 30, 2014. This is in preparation for a new Bistro C Restaurant Concept that we are implementing at the hotel over the next few months. We will be offering an evening service with higher quality food and beverage options. I invite you to come back and see how superior our new Bistro C Restaurant. I am extremely confident that you will be impressed and happier with this new offering.

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, Colorado Springs

Been to Clarion Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!