“Great View-Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colorado Springs Marriott

Save Saved
You added Colorado Springs Marriott to your Saves list
Colorado Springs Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5580 Tech Center Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80919 (Formerly Wyndham Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #37 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Clarksville, Indiana
“Great View-Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. What a great view we had of Pikes Peak from our window. We were able to watch several firework shows from the window. The rooms are clean and spacious. The hotel is on a hill and isolated from traffic and other hotels. The only drawback is that you have to go north to Academy Blvd. to get to any restaurants, but the hotel was great. I would avoid the hotel restaurant at all costs, and I mean COSTS. The breakfast buffet was 14.95 and was the same that is provided at Comfort Suites for free. This would be your best bet for a hotel in this area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Ft. Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

We got a fantasitc deal on a two night stay at this hotel. The kids enjoyed the pool, though they need to spend a little money and fix it up some. Other than that, place was as wonderful as you expect the Marriott to be.

In room internet is too expensive, though it is free in the lobby. It's just a pain to go down there to tend to business.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
st. louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

When my wife and I checked in we wanted a room with a king sized bed, since it was our honeymoon. We were told that since they were overbooked all they had left were rooms with 2 double beds. Then we were lectured by the gentlemen checking us in that we should have booked through the hotel's website instead of Hotwire to ensure a room with a king sized bed.

The rooms were fine except for the fact that the walls were paper thin and you could hear people in the other rooms around you. Our room was located next to the stairwell. The hotel staff would use this stairwell all day long and always slammed the door behind them. This becomes very annoying at 6am.

Wireless internet is free in the lobby, but $10 a day if you want it in your room. I tried ordering it in my room, but the staff could not figure out how to get the wireless internet working in my room.

The hotel itself is alright, but the staff could use some help.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

Haven't stayed at a Marriott before but I thought they were a bit more upmarket than this - it struck me as an Ibis standard of hotel (lower-middle 3.5 star hotel).

Stayed eight nights on a conference rate in a Standard Room on 3rd floor (Rm 344). View was of airconditioning plant on rooftop, but otherwise everything else was OK (although I'm no fan of half-sized baths). When I first arrived the cleaning staff had left some of their gear behind (it got picked up the next day). Hotel Guide was missing TV Channel listing (had been lifted by someone).

Had breakfast downstairs on a couple of occasions - was OK but limited buffet nothing to rave about (with the exception of the made to order omlettes which was nice). Bar was small but some nice microbrews.

Laundry service delivery could sometimes be slow - one day I still hadn't had delivery by 9pm (supposed to be back in room by 6pm), rang down once (at 8pm) and it still hadn't come an hour late so I went down to the front desk and got them to pass it to me.

Hotel isn't close to much, better choices closer to town, and on-site business centre is awful.

Wouldn't stay here again if up to me.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

The staff was friendly and professional at all times. Since I was staying 3 days they made sure I had a mountain view room. Spectacular! I spent time at the pool, in the bar area, in the fitness room, and at the restaurant.

The restaurant food left a little to be desired. Being at that star rating of hotel I expected a bit more.

All public facilities were very comfortable and well kept.

The only complaint I have is the doors shut too loudly. People staying in adjoining rooms do not shut the door behind them, they let the automatic closers do it and they do it very loudly.

I wish the outdoor pool and hot tub would remain open after dark. A soak under the stars would have been better than inside. They do have an indoor pool so you don't have to do without all together which is a plus.

Very quiet location. Draw back is it's not walking distance to a lot of amenities. The hotel does offer a free shuttle to anywhere within 7 miles so that is helpful.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

Arrived for a 3 night stay and first room we received was on 2nd floor overlooking lobby and lobby bar. Bar was noisy until midnight and beyond; hard to sleep. Next day asked for another room and received an upgrade to a mountain-view room on the 9th floor, the concierge level, and all the amenities that come with that (breakfast was very satisfying). Indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs; used indoor facilities and they were nice and well-maintained. Very pleased with stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

I went to Colorado Springs to visit my brother, and I stayed here. The water dispenser in the lobby is a nice convenience. They fill it with water, ice, and a fruit of the day. My personal favorite was the cherry and pineapple water. The front desk is helpful, especially with finding local restaurants to eat at. They provided us with a packet of all of their recommended restaurants, categorized by type of food, and their location and directions. Also provided were the menus of the restaurants, which are located near the front desk in a scrapbook type binder. I found this very helpful when choosing where to eat.

Now for the cons. First off, we stayed in a "Junior Suite" on the Concierge level. It wasn't much of a suite at all, and the complementary concierge level breakfast in the concierge lounge? Pathetic. It is closed on weekends, except for Sundays, which they have Hors Devours, or less formally cheese, crackers, and a different mini-entree, for example, tacos with spanish rice. It really wasn't anything special, but they did have a free cooler where we could get pop from. Oh, and the dessert I was indulging in on Sunday evening? Cookies. Not much of a diverse array of cookies either, there was chocolate chip, macadamia nut, and two other flavors which I didn't pay much attention to (I am a chocolate chip kind of person.)
The elevators. They worked great, except we got stuck in the middle elevator twice, so just avoid that one. You also have to pay for the wireless internet, unless you are in the lobby.

Overall, this Marriot was a weak one. Usually I am impressed and more than satisfied with Marriot hotels, but this one just didn't jump out at me. The elevators were a very large turnoff for me. I don't like to have my heart pound as I step on, and feel relief as I step off. For the prices of this hotel, the service is average, maybe almost below. They could do better.

• Stayed March 2009

Been to Colorado Springs Marriott? Share your experiences!