“Nice hotel and conveniently located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Colorado Springs Marriott

You added Colorado Springs Marriott to your Saves list
Colorado Springs Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5580 Tech Center Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80919 (Formerly Wyndham Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #35 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Parkland, Florida
“Nice hotel and conveniently located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Marriott. Our room was on the 8th floor and had a mountain view. Service was excellent at the hotel and the room was nice and clean and had a fridge. The hotel is near the highway (25) which makes it convenient to get to local restaurants and attractions. The only annoyance was housekeeping. Rooms were cleaned late and once ours was overlooked. We just made it a point to call guest services and tell them to clean our room just before we left for the day. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when visiting Colorado Springs.

Room Tip: High up with mountain view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Evergreen, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were down for the weekend and the Broadmoor was full. This hotel is ok. Its a little dated for a Marriott. The outdoor pool looks cool in the pictures, but was dated and had lots of leaves in it once we were there. The staff was very nice and the lobby/bar was ok but a little cramped. The rooms are ok although a little on the small side. The breakfast was "blah" but they threw it in for free so I can't complain. The views are very nice. The prices were good especially vs the Fairfield and Residence in, so I guess you get what you pay for.

It wasn't bad and our kids had fun, it just is dated and needs a remodel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
cosmc, Manager at Colorado Springs Marriott, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Marriott Colorado Springs has a planned renovation 1st quarter 2015.
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were in Colorado Springs for a conference and stayed here. They have nice rooms for business events, restaurant and easy to get to and from. Breakfast buffet was very good. They have a lady making your omelet of choice. Excellent staff willing to help.

Stayed July 2014
Daytona Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed at the above Marriott recommended and found that the indoor pool was not maintained at the advertised temperature nor was the hottub. The hottub jets were not working properly and it was actually dirty with debris and strands of hair. Advising the front desk got no satisfaction.

Additionally the restaurant menu was poor and the bar area had no drink menu as they stated they were changing everything, but no change in our three day stay. Would not advise staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
cosmc, Manager at Colorado Springs Marriott, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that you chose to stay at the Colorado Springs Marriott. We pride ourselves on providing our guest a room with everything in working order and in this case it seems we have dropped the ball. I have passed on your comments to our Chief Engineer to take the appropriate corrective measures.

Scottsdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have stayed at Marriott's throughout the world. My visit may have been unusual but will not stay there again.

The room had a nice view of Pike's Peak and that is always a plus.

Parking is close but tough to navigate with luggage.

The restaurant was terrible. Ordered breakfeast and 30 minutes later was told they were out of berries and granola. The egg white omelet was terrible as well.

surprised at the stay as Marriott's are normally great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
cosmc, Manager at Colorado Springs Marriott, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that you chose to stay at the Colorado Springs Marriott. Staff service to our guest is something we take great pride in and any failures are taken very seriously. You can be assured it would be addressed and I very much apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Mount Dora, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This turned into a very unpleasant experience for us. Our problems lead me to believe there are management issues along with poor training and or hiring practices. I'll start with the basic room review and then continue about our unresolved problem.

We checked in a day late due to flight diversion problems that caused us to miss the only flight into Colorado Springs from Atlanta. I'll say right off the top that I contacted this hotel immediately from the ground in Macon, GA where we ended up due to wind shear in ATL and was told I wouldn't be charged for the one of two booked nights due to circumstances beyond my control. This was nice.

When we arrived at 8:30pm the second night we were told we could go to the concierge lounge since they don't close until 10pm and eat some potstickers that smelled really great according to the receptionist. We were tired and hungry and found the food was all gone and cleaned up by 7:30 - 8:00pm. Does the front desk not know this? The lady who worked the lounge was sweet and gave us cookies and wine for dinner.

In our room I saw we had a parking lot/highway view although I had booked a Pike's Peak view several months earlier. I was told by the front desk supervisor that room type isn't guaranteed although I told her I believe it is. The hotel was fully booked. I was just rather surprised to receive my first downgrade at the gold elite rewards level. I did not pursue the issue with the $100 compensation offered when guaranteed room type is not assigned as stated in the Elite membership agreement. I dropped this issue because of their kindness concerning my flight issue.

The room was perfectly clean although much smaller than the average Marriott or American hotel room, air-conditioning didn't blow cold even set at 62, but the bed was very comfortable. Wifi was just average in speed as measured by me with my Ookla app that I've begun using at all hotels to run speed tests. But wifi did work.

I met our housekeeper the morning of check out when she was at my door soon after 9am. I told her we would be leaving soon. As always, I made a point of leaving a tip for her knowing how hard these people work. Then came the issue (and I wish I hadn't tipped).

We checked out, went to Manitou Springs and noticed as we unpacked in our new place that my husband had forgotten to take his very expensive Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay polo shirt out of the closet in room 616 on the morning of July 15th at the Marriott. He immediately called the hotel and was told Lost and Found had just closed and to leave a message. He left a message, I left a message the next morning, no one called. I called again asking for the general manager and was put through to his voicemail. They had to know he was on vacation until July 23 so this did no good. I called back and finally got through to Teresa who is the one acting in charge as I was told. This is where things really fell apart. Her tone was not professional as she told me, "people" don't realize we have over 300 rooms with so many things left behind that it takes time to sort them and retrieve them from the laundry if they are mixed with the linens. "People" meaning ME! I responded by telling her that I believed they must have a simple system for the housekeeper to retrieve one shirt hanging in a closet and mark it with the room number so it can be safely moved immediately to Lost and Found. This doesn't seem like a very difficult process for an HONEST person to do.

My husband finally got in touch with Clark, the housekeeping supervisor, after Teresa got him involved. First he stated that the housekeeper said she remembered seeing a light colored shirt but doesn't know what happened to it. Later in the day when my husband spoke with Clark again he started complaining about how many housekeepers he has had quit lately, and what a mess he has on his hands in the laundry room, how he's had to clean rooms himself, and how he's never had a problem with this particular housekeeper who cleaned our room and LOST my husband's shirt. I use that work "lost" loosely as I don't believe it is lost. Clark stated she would have no use for a man's shirt. This was a $100 new Ritz Carlton shirt which is a Marriott brand. No, a woman wouldn't use it. Although according to Clark previously, she HAD seen the shirt.

The general manager is on vacation and he has problems on his hands with this hotel. Clark and Teresa both need training in how to speak to guests. And he has at least one dishonest person working for him who took my husband's very nice shirt home. There is absolutely no reason that shirt should not have ended up in the lost and found directly from the closet.

I would give this hotel 1 dot (terrible) but it is clean and the lady in the concierge lounge is nice so I will give it 2 dots (poor). But it is definitely below average overall as it is terrible in the care it shows to it's guests. In fact, I emailed Teresa a picture of the shirt and got no reply from her until I emailed a second time and asked her to let me know if she got me message.

I can only hope that I do not get a response by management to this review with the "you should call us" line so many hotels use. They have my phone number, they know who I am, and have made no attempt to resolve this issue.

Yes, I am very upset about this. As you can see by my other numerous hotel reviews, we travel often and I'm very easy to please.

We will not be back to this property to stay ever. There are too many other more highly rated Marriott properties in the Colorado Springs area. There are reasons this hotel has dropped down the ranking list. This is not good for a normally reputable brand. Management needs to clean up this act.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mommabean,

Thank you for taking the time in bringing this matter to our attention. We are delighted that you chose to stay at the Colorado Springs Marriott. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and dissatisfaction we have caused. Staff service to our guest is something we take great pride in and any failures are taken very seriously and you can be assured it will be addressed.

I appreciate you taking the time to discuss the situation with me personally and I hope we can rectify this for you. We hope if you should return to Colorado Springs in the near future you would give us another opportunity.

Once again my deepest apologies,
Lori Shook
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

For a business trip I was surprised with the view for the cost. The customer service was outstanding and I was surprised that this hotel actually read my profile prior to check in. When I entered the hotel and gave my name I was treated as a gold member, when I got to the room I found extra towels and pillows.

It has been a long time to find a Marriott with a executive welcome room on the 9th floor with finger food and snacks.

Great job to everyone who works at the hotel, I have not gotten this level of customer service at Marriott in long time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback, we will pass on to our staff!

Been to Colorado Springs Marriott? Share your experiences!