“Great hotel in a beautiful location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colorado Springs Marriott

Save Saved
You added Colorado Springs Marriott to your Saves list
Colorado Springs Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5580 Tech Center Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80919 (Formerly Wyndham Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #36 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
San Diego, California
“Great hotel in a beautiful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night in February, after winning the hotel in a bid on Priceline. Overall we were very impressed, and thought it would have been a great value even if we had paid full price.

The hotel is nestled in the mountains, so a little further away from downtown Springs and some amenities. As a result, the views are spectacular.

The hotel seemed very busy, but the (free) parking lot was big enough for us to find a spot without any issues. The check in staff were friendly and efficient. The room was lovely, clean and modern and the bed was comfortable. We will definitely consider the Marriott for future visits to the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jim B, General Manager at Colorado Springs Marriott, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind remarks, and hope to see you again in the future.

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

This is a typical Marriott that looked and felt old and outdated. Room was pretty clean but the maids forgot to clean all the pubic hair off the bathroom floor. The Buffalo Steak at the Zebulon restaurant was horrible! For $27 you get an over cooked steak, an ice cream scoop of potatoes that tasted horrible and a side of green beans.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I apologize for your stay, at Marriott we strive to exceed all guest expectations.In this case it appears we have dropped the ball. I hope you will give us another chance and experience the service we are known for.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

The view, the facility, the food, the service--all excellent.

• Stayed July 2012
We enjoyed having you as our guest, please come again.
Point Rock, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at this property many times and it has always been great. I just want to complain about treatment after the evacuation due to wildfires on Tuesday July 26. The hotel closed while my colleague and I were out to dinner, so we could not get any of our stuff from the hotel. As Marriott Platinum members, we thought there would be some help; none was to be had. I understand safety of guests and employees was paramount, but I think we got bad service, mostly from Marriott corporate vs, the local Marriott. We were given no help finding lodging beyond the address of shelters. On Wednesday morning the Platinum customer service(?) was still no help and provided us misinformation to boot. We ended up finding hotels (two separate ones) through our corporate travel agency and stayed there Wednesday night (and they were dumps). We incurred expenses so we could do our business for two more days without clothes, electronics, or toiletries. Marriott corporate or the local hotel would do nothing for us. We argued that we should get some points or nights credit as we had guaranteed reservations, but they would do nothing. I see a recent trip advisor review where the guests received a discount when they were able to return to the hotel. They would do nothing for us. I have sent two emails through the customer service center, and have received no response. I can't blame the local hotel too much (although I know they have the leeway to give us some credits), but Marriott corporate fell way short in my opinion. They told me on the platinum hotline that they were giving precedence to evacuated local people. This was a blatant lie. There was no process or way to do this. It seems like evacuated customers would get preference anyway over evacuated non-customer $M house owning locals. I understand that 350 something very expensive houses were destroyed, but I did not see Marriott giving me help when I had homeowner issues (nor did Col Springs residents get any special help). Marriott corporate made a considerable sum of money on this evacuation, based on the fact that there were no Marriott vacancies within hundreds of miles of Colorado Springs. I may check if Hilton Diamond members would have got better treatment...

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Jim B, General Manager at Colorado Springs Marriott, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
The Waldo Canyon Fire created a state of emergency for our hotel and guest. The local authorities placed a mandatory evaucation order and we safely evaucated all guest with a full hotel and conducting a banquet for over 300 attendees. Most guest had no time to pack their personal belongings and we shippped them to their homes and incurred the expense. The hotel staff, many who were forced to evaucate their own homes were under enormous stress. During the evaucation period no staff were allowed on property and power was turned off. The hotel suffered significant losses in revenues and increased opening expenses. We are very sorry for your inconvience but we had no control over the course of events.
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Because of the wildfires which affected our area, we were evacuated for 4 days. We decided to go south to Pueblo for a hotel room because of the poor air quality in the Springs. As conditions improved, we chose to come back to the Springs in hopes of getting back into our home ASAP. We did however spend Friday evening at the Marriott. We were treated extremely well and even received a generous discount on the room and the buffet the next morning because of our evacuation status. Unfortunately, we heard other hotels were taking advantage of the situation by charging more than normal for the rooms. We highly recommend the hotel because of the courteous staff and nice condition of the room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Due to the Waldo Canyon Fire and mandatory evacuation it was a very difficult time for many residience as well as our hotel. We were extremely happy to open our doors and provide the service that Marriott is known for. Thank you for staying with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

As a Platinum member of Marriott, I was disappointed in my stay this past weekend in Colorado Springs. The Jr. Suite in which I stayed was average and the bathroom was not clean, specifically the shower! No breakfast was provided, a perk granted to Plantinum members at most other Maririott properties. The front desk service team were friendly, but very slow. I requested a newspaper when asked during check in, but I never received one the following morning. I would likely consider another hotel the next time I'm in Colorado Springs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had business in Colorado Springs and stayed at this property. The reason for this review is to suggest the concierge floor. As usual, Marriott does a nice job and my room/suite had a private balcony/patio with dual access from the bedroom and the living area. the concierge lounge was great, and the staff was VERY friendly. I would recommend this place for business traveler.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Colorado Springs Marriott, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and patronage. Please visit us again in the near future.

Been to Colorado Springs Marriott? Share your experiences!