“Very good but...one negative!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Florida
“Very good but...one negative!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Don't judge a book by it's cover, the outside of this place is not the most inviting, but once you step inside, the warmth and decor is nice. We went for my birthday because I love Indian food but prefer to try the variety offered on a buffet and since we were lucky enough to catch the one night they do the buffet for dinner (Thursday) we came with an empty stomach.

There was a good selection on the buffet, my favorites being the Saag Paneer, chicken tikka Masala with basmati rice and vegetable samosas, yum! The Naan bread that was brought to the table was hot and crisp, so good. The dinner buffet was priced at 16.99 per person and we felt that we got a great value for the tasty food and choices. Nothing special offered for a birthday but we were much too stuffed anyhow.

The only negative we have is this, about an hour after dinner we were both so thirsty, more like extremely parched well into the next morning!! The food didn't taste salty at all but my guess is that they use a lot of MSG, and unfortunately, that is a HUGE reason for me not to return!

If I decide to go back sometime, perhaps I will try something from the menu and request no MSG be used. Over all, the food was really good, the staff very friendly, but it is hard to get past the thirst issue that MSG causes.

• Visited January 2012

San Diego, California
“Good food, relaxing evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Visited on a snowy Saturday night and despite the snow coming down, there was a decent sized crowd. My waiter was from Kathmandu and we chatted about my trip there in 2009. Word spread and soon the other waiters stopped to chat as well. Pappadum is provided as a starter with some tasty red and green curry. I ordered the vegetable tandoori with naan and raita. The tandoori was very well prepared, came hot and sizzling, and not overly spiced. The tandoori is enough for two meals so you don’t really need the naan. The naan was quite thick, almost like pita bread; I prefer it a little thinner. The raita was refreshing as was the Maharajah beer. I was pleasantly surprised to see three families with children enjoying their dinners and giving their kids a more exciting dining experience than fast food. The dining room was larger than I expected but pretty quiet, which was nice, you could actually converse with your dinner partner without raising your voice to be heard. The room was decorated with Nepali artwork and Tibetan thangkas. Most of the menu looks like Indian, but if you have been to Nepal, you already know that there is not much difference between North Indian and Nepali food. Thye do have a few Tibetan items on the menu as well. The bill was a little pricey but the food was great and the atmosphere very relaxing.

• Visited December 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
“MY FAVORITE INDIAN RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband and I tried this place for an anniversary dinner. We absolutely loved it! The buffet was delicious, perfectly seasoned. The entertainment (dancing) was superb! What a treat! And the Chai... I could go on and on! The staff was so friendly and welcoming.. they treated my husband and I like their own family. We lived in the Springs for almost 15 years, but sadly only discovered this gem right before we relocated to FL. We haven't found an Indian spot as perfect as this here yet. So, I urge everyone close to the Rockies... Get yourself to Little Nepal... you'll love it!

We'll definitely stop by any time we're in town for a visit!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fountain, Co
“Absolutely Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I'm a huge Indian cuisine fan so it was with much anticipation I went to Little Nepal Restaurant. Their lunch buffet for $9.99 had a large selection to choose from and included chicken korma, tandoori chicken, chicken curry, and my absolute favorite, their spinach! I also tried both the basmati rice and fried rice, both of which were good. I loved the vegetables in curry sauce, and the sauces in general were creamy and delicious on the tongue. There were also a few salads to enjoy along with the many and varied condiments, like raita, Nepalese salsa, hot and medium sauces, mint sauce, and tamarind sauce. I also dived into the desserts of scrumptuous halwa (carrots in cream with dates and nuts) and kheer (basmati rice pudding) as well as the gorgeous mango custard. The restaurant was busy with a mixture of young and old patrons. The buffet is away from the eating area and there is also a bar which operates at night. I can highly recommend this delicious restaurant for Nepalese-Indian-Tibetan cuisine. Tasty and abundant masala, curry and korma dishes. Visit their website at www.lnepal.com for more information. The buffet is available 7 days a week ($10.49 on the weekends) and they offer Thursday Special Dinner Buffet. There is also a kids' menu.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“It's amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

The place is amazing. I loved thed the food and quality.will love to go again

• Visited September 2011