“a fun and delicious way to sample downtown restaurants” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Colorado Springs' culture and cuisine while exploring downtown Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs, or Old Colorado City on foot. Participants will sample unique food and drink from locally owned and operated 4-6 culinary destination. Perfect for those interested in history, culture and of course, good food! A great idea for a friends'-day-out, birthday celebration, couples' anniversary, group outing, or just for the sake of having fun! Advance ticket purchase is required. Tours sell out in advance. For tickets or more information, please visit our website.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“a fun and delicious way to sample downtown restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have lived in Colorado Springs for 13 years. The food tour I went on was 2.5 hours long, and we visited 6 establishments downtown. What I liked best is that some of the places we visited I hadn't been to before. Each place we went to gave us food samples, and they were all delicious. One of the places also gave us a beer sample. The food portions were generous enough to make us very full by the end of the tour. We were treated well by all of the servers. Our tour guide Jeremy dished out some local history along the route. I consider myself somewhat of a foodie having grown up in Southern California surrounded by top notch restaurants. This tour exceeded my expectations. The food was fabulous. Our guide and fellow tour takers were fun people. Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes, as your traveling pace is sometimes brisk, and you walk several blocks. Next time I want to try the downtown cocktail tour.

Visited March 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went on a tour today with my husband and a bunch of my coworkers. It was great! I would recommend this to anyone who is visiting or wants a chance to learn about some food adventures to be had in downtown Colorado Springs

Visited September 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Full & Happy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Enjoyed the Delicious Colorado Springs Downtown Food Tour this afternoon lead by Jeremy. He was knowledge and fun...sharing interesting history about the area and culinary insights about the commmunity. He made sure everyone in our group of 11 had an enjoyable experience. We made six stops on on our walking tour, and all were delicious! The friendly proprieters were very generous with the servings provided. My tummy is full and taste buds are happy after my afternoon with Colorado Springs Food Tours!

Visited September 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
“Great way to experience a new city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

While visiting Colorado Springs, we took the food tour of Manitou Springs. It was a great mix of food & historical info. Samantha was very professional & knowledgable. We had a private tasting at an olive oil/balsamic vinegar shop, a pheasant stew/biscuit tasting at a historical restaurant, a Mediterranean sampling, chocolate sampling, pizza & wine tasting. Some food was better than other, but overall a good mix with some great stories added in! It's a great way to see a town when visiting for the first time!

Louisville, Colorado
“Awesome food, great history, lots of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This tour was amazing. My boyfriend, two best friends and I went about a month ago and it was the highlight of our weekend! It was a great way to get some history of the town and try different foods I probably wouldn't have ordered for myself. At each destination, we learned about the history of the establishment and more background on the specific dish we were treated to. I loved that the dishes served at each destination was something the chef(s)/owner(s) decided to showcase for us. Plus, these foods were small samples so we weren't stuffed by the time we left and were definitely ready for more by the time we got to the next stop! It was great to meet with the other people on the tour as well! There were people visiting from all over!

Also, don't be daunted by the walking. It's a good amount of walking, but we weren't feeling sore at all by the time we finished. You're just walking off some of the calories you eat while on the tour. ;) It's a nice trade off.

We had Samantha as our tour guide - she's amazing and has so much knowledge to share! I definitely want to try all the other tours they offer! If you have visiting guests who you want to entertain or you're a local looking for something fun to do, I'd recommend this tour! You won't regret it!

Visited June 2012