“So stunning, I hardly can put words to it ...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MusicNotes Bed and Breakfast

MusicNotes Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colorado Springs
MusicNotes Bed and Breakfast
706 Regulus Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80906   |
Seattle
“So stunning, I hardly can put words to it ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

... and I'm a print reporter, so words are my life! Visiting from Seattle, I stayed here for just one night near the end of an 11-day trip through Colorado. A solo traveler, I reserved the Rose Room, and because that was the case, Sherry said that she didn't book the other room for that night -- so I had the entire downstairs to myself.

This is not your ordinary 'downstairs.' It has a huge living room area, small kitchen, which includes a mini fridge stocked with soft drinks (50 cents on the honor system), fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, and a big pitcher of ice water, glasses, and utensils. It also has a large common bathroom area (for when both rooms are booked) and ... ready for this? ... a small movie theater, complete with a large selection of movies, popcorn, and even an old-style poster marquee with flashing lights and a 'Gone with the Wind' poster inside! There's also acccess to a computer room, complete with printer for things such as airline boarding passes or a Mapquest printout.

In addition, there's a huge guidebook on the coffee table that Sherry and Ken put together -- anything and eveything you could want to know about the area.

I'm not kidding when I tell you that I spent probably 20 minutes walking around just trying to take in all of this. Don't ask me how many times I said to myself, 'This is absolutely incredible.'

Then, after sleeping very well, there's breakfast the next morning. It starts with fruit, then a small plate of veggies and meat (kind of like antipasto), then waffles and cranberry biscuits. I'm not a coffee drinker, but there was plenty of OJ.

Finally, Sherry and Ken are the most down-to-earth people you'd want to meet -- he's a high school teacher, she's a music teacher, and both are professional musicians.

For the $95 (including tax) that I paid for the Rose Room, it was by far the best value of my trip and one of the best values of any trip I've taken. The home is in a very quiet cul-de-sac (just one other house there), and you will have to drive to any of the numerous sights or to downtown. But it's well worth it.

There's plenty that I didn't get to see in the Springs because of my short time there. So I have two big reasons to return: to see more sights, and to spend a couple more nights at Music Notes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Anna, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My sister and I stayed at this wonderful B & B. The host family was generous with information on local restaurants and attractions. The rooms were well decorated and comfy. There was plenty of in-house entertainment with playsystems, cable tv and an in-house movie theater. The best part was the food. The scones were to die for and you should definitely request this for breakfast if you are only staying a day or two. We stayed for four nights and every breakfast was a wonderful adventure. We were so full, we skipped lunch almost every day. The location was convenient to both Colorado Springs & Manitou Springs. Thank you! Greg & Stacey

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

You will not get this type of experience in a regular hotel! When my family from Japan planned a visit to see us last summer, I wanted a very private location, reasonably priced, and close to popular tourist spots in Colorado Springs. What we received was so much more! Not only is the location convenient to the highway, but only a few minutes away to Garden of the Gods, Cave of the Winds, Seven Falls, and other great sites. My family members, who speak little or no English stayed in both the Rose and Southwestern Rooms, were welcomed graciously by Sherry and her husband Ken and enjoyed fantastic breakfasts with fresh fruit, main breakfast course that varied each day, homemade bread and muffins, juice and coffee! Sherry even packed away the extra muffins and such to take with for a mid-morning snack! They were impressed by the amenities available to them, movies in a private theater, small kitchen with a refrigerator, large living area for relaxing at night. Incredible fresh homemade cookies awaited them every afternoon after a day of sight-seeing too! This spectatacularly clean home was remarkable in every sense and I was the hero for finding it! I highly recommend anyone looking for a quiet, clean, spacious "home away from home" stay here!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

The house is modern and built on a hillside with nature all around. Inside, you could eat off the floors, it is so clean. The Rose Room is spacious , quiet, comfortable, and has an old fashioned charm as well.
But, probably the best part of my "getaway" stay at MusicNotes, was the FOOD. Sherry has the knack. Her dishes are prepared fresh, and served beautifully ....to the point where the food presentation with its' garnishes makes eating an" event", rather than a daily "thing to do".
And, if you are like me, and enjoy shopping for things made by local artists while at a B and B getaway, MusicNotes ,,provides an opportunity to purchase jewelry made from antique ivory piano keys ( very unusual and beautiful), created by your hostess, plus other beaded jewelry and crafts which are by other local musician-/artists.
A tidy, neat, package. It was total relaxsation and enjoyment.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Been to MusicNotes Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!