“Wonderfully quaint and unique!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Timber Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colorado Springs
Timber Lodge
Save Saved
You added Timber Lodge to your Saves list
3627 W Colorado Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80904   |
Carlisle
“Wonderfully quaint and unique!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Five of us shared Cabin 18. It was clean, pleasantly furnished, and quaint. My wife and I shared the master bed room, my daughter and fiance the other bedroom and my 16 yr old son stayed on the futon. We had plenty of room to socialize, cook in the kitchen and play cards at the big kitchen table. The cabin was a great respite to return too after a day if sightseeing. The grounds were nice too. Really enjoyed our time here! We recommend staying here for the experience. It definitely isn't a chain hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Salina, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

If you're looking for a Mariott, go to a Mariott. I promised my 5 year old son a trip to the mountains with a stay in cabins, and we LOVED our stay at the Timber Lodge. The staff were very friendly and the dogs made my son feel at home. Our cabin was clean and neat with classic mountain furnishings. I couldn't help but wonder if my grandparents had stayed here when it was newer. Very vintage, cozy, and quiet. The bathroom was SMALL, so I'd advise plus sized people to look elsewhere. My son loved the creek in front of our cabin and enjoyed playing on the little playground. The lodge was convenient to all area attractions and we will definitely be back on our next trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The cabins are adorable on the outside and shabby cheap motel on the inside but clean. The campground is located between 2 very busy roads... I was hoping for a little more primitive. Lots of wild life. My son loved playing in the creek. It says the pools heated... I'm thinking they mean by the sun. We loved staying here... Had a great time!

• Stayed August 2013
Fairbury, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Well this place is one that will take you back to the 60's when multi unit lodging was a standard.
This is not your national chain in any way, and that is exactly why we chose it.

We were driving through Manitou Springs looking for a hotel. We were heading to the Comfort Suites when we happened to cross The Timberlodge. We were intrigued with the fact a stream ran through the property and it was a resort that had cabins and Aframes with porches for rooms. This is what I remember staying in years ago when my family took trips to Colorado

Upon checking in, the owner was a charming lady that was very engaging in conversation. The sign read no pets but we travel with a Pomeranian service dog so she said that was not a problem but warned they had a pesky bear on property that sometimes raided the trash and warned to keep the dog close to us so it would not be the bears lunch. Both the dog and us were appreciative of that info.

The rooms are quaint, not very big but it was perfect for a cozy night stay. We sat on the porch for a couple of hours just unwinding from the day

In the future I will remember this place if I was to come back for a few days to see the sights of seven Falls or Garden of the Gods. It is so much more relaxing and perfect for a quick getaway than a national chain and the room was a mere $75

So, I would return again and it is close to all the attractions and great food

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Norwalk, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed in a cabin and also had an A frame next door. It's not fancy, kind of reminds you of a 60's/70's era cabin but it was clean and provided for us what we needed. The location is close to eating, shopping and site seeing. The downside's were that in our unit the kitchen was about 5x5 and the door opened into the kitchen so you had to be careful that the fridge wasn't open or there wasn't someone cooking or doing dishes when you came in. Minor inconvenience. The cabin said it slept 6 but the futon was partially broken so to try and sleep on it with 2 people would have been impossible. We had one person on it and they just slept on the one side. The bath towels are small and are quite thin. We would recommend bringing some of your own. It's located next to some busy roads so you hear traffic all night but it's not terrible. Because of the few negatives I mentioned and the fact that it isn't as new and fancy as a nice hotel is why we didn't rate this higher. Our unit had a covered patio which was great since it rained off and on while we were there which meant we could still be outside. Overall a very experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in #15
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our place was small and rustic but we loved it. It was very clean and we have never stayed any place where the staff was this friendly. The bed was soft but comfortable. The only thing we would change was the towels. The bath towels were very small and a little nubby. Timber Lodge was very conveniently located to all the Manitou Springs and Colorado Sprinfs activities. Even though it was close to the highway and was completely booked several nights while we were there, it was very quite. Great place to stay I hope we get to go back. We loved sitting on the porch and feeding peanuts to the squirrels too.

Room Tip: We didn't stay in an A frame but they looked small. We are older and probably wouldn't choo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dodge City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

and we got it! Yes, it's rustic but has charm. We stayed two nights. Enjoyed the pool, being able to cook some hotdogs on the grill and relax on the front porch. The staff is welcoming and helpful. A positive family experience and my granddaughter still talks about it! This is what memories are made of. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Timber Lodge? Share your experiences!