“Decent Italian food and great Italian food for Colorado Springs area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paravicini's

Paravicini's
2802 W Colorado Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80904-2444
719-471-8200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Paravicini's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,185 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 28th
Colorado Springs, CO
“Decent Italian food and great Italian food for Colorado Springs area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I have dined here several times over the years.

Most recently I had family visiting and they NJ but more or less it's a suburb of Philadelphia.
I grew up out there and so I am pretty finicky about Italian food, especially southern Italian cuisine.

They had a desire to get some Italian food when visiting. I was a bit concerned and then it came to me to take them to Paravacini's since I've generally been happy with my visits.

I won't get into each entree's details but I will say that my family was quite happy with the meal.
As they eat Italian food often out where there are tons of family owned restaurants "right off the boat", that means a lot. I did not hear any complaints from them.

The wine selection is a bit weak (we had 2 bottles for our party of 5). However the bottles I ordered were decent. The Hahn Pinot (I've had before and it's fairly cheap at a store) was fine. The Barbera red It. wine (cannot recall the vineyard) was quite pleasing. The price was about the same as the inferior Hahn so we were very happy about that.

We had reservations which I think is key at least during tourist season and definitely on weekends (this was during the week). They were quite busy which is a good sign of course and I am glad to see they are doing well. I love their veal guiseppie. It's unique, a very large portion, and quite tangy and tasty to me. I did not go that route this time since my brother is very anti veal which I understand.

My only nit pick at all is that the cappellini I had seemed like they broke the pasta in half. I hate that practice and I can assure native Italians would never do that. I've been read the riot act when I worked in one Italian restaurant from quite a few Italians that were upset. I am not sure why folks still do that but it's not a deal killer by any means. If that's the only complaint out of all the food we enjoyed then I would say, "job well done".

Our service was fairly attentive and our table layout was pretty nice for a busy night.

Kudos to Paravacini's making my family's meal quite satisfying. I would have hate to let them down and that certainly did not happen.

I would suggest Paravacini's to anyone looking for a decent well prepared Italian meal that's not outrageously priced.

Side note- if you like salmon, our server mentioned it's always fresh (I would suspect not Sundays though) and sliced in house. She highly suggested it. I am just not a salmon eater accept perhaps smoked.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Pretty Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The calamari and lobster bisque were very good. Alfredo was a little runny for my taste, but flavor was good. I had the house "Italian" salad, which was drowning in balsamic vinegrette. Overall, pretty good food and we would go back, but probably not until after we have tried some of the other Italian places in town.

Amarillo, Texas
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We tried to dine here on Saturday night, but there was a 1 1/2 hour wait, so we made a reservation for Sunday. So glad we did!! The atmosphere of the restaurant is not great...tables too close together and too dark. But the food and wine: oh my!! Our server (Lia) was wonderful. I had the chicken picatta and it was so delicious I wanted to lick the plate. The white wine was chilled just right and the second glass delivered just as the entree arrived. Perfecto!! My husband is a real pasta judge (amateur) but he said his pasta twirled just right on his fork. We enjoyed this meal so much we will definitely return when we are in Old Colorado City.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Camarillo, California
“Great Italian food in a small town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the Inn where we were staying. We started our meal with the calamari fritti arrabiata and the clams posillipo. Both were excellent. We wouldn't let the server clear the clams until we finished the delicious white wine broth. I had shrimp and mussel fra diavolo. I must say this was one of the best renditions I have ever had. My friends choose the gluten free pasta made from sun dried tomatoes. This might still be a work in progress, but I was pleased to see they offered quite a few gluten free choices on their menu. I can highly recommend this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Yum on a Monday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Although our server seemed overworked and underfed, we had a lovely tim: the steak was delicious and my martini was enormous. We enjoyed our annual anniversary dinner.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere