“Great Italian in a cozy space!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Paravicini's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,062 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 28th
Fountain, Colorado
“Great Italian in a cozy space!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

A good choice for dinner when you're feeling Italian! The house salad here is amazing. The rest of the menu is mostly traditional italian. It's a small restaurant, so you may want to make reservations. All in all, a solid italian experience.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Best Italian in the city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We've been going here for years and have never gotten less than exceptional service and awesome food. I have the Veal Guiseppe every time because it's SO good. I know there are other great dishes but just can't bring myself to forego that dish. ha I suggest reservations regardless of what night you go. Lots of parking. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good food, questionable service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I beat my husband to the restaurant and took a look at the wine list. When I asked the waitress about the house wines, she had no answers and finally said "to be honest, all of our house wines taste the same to me". Gee, thanks for the assistance! She actually laughed at me when I didn't know how to pronounce one of the kinds of wine (ok, so I'm not a wine expert!) and not in that "no one can pronounce that one" nice kind of way--in a "you are an idiot" tone. So, I picked a wine.

Then,I literally had to flag her down to order an appetizer--she was pretty much just a snot every time I talked to her. I saw her also completely ignoring a co-worker who was trying to hand her a menu when I first arrived.

Once my husband got there, her demeanor completely changed. Her first interaction was snotty--husband even commented "wow, she doesn't like you!". Next time and from then on, she was mysteriously pleasant. But by then, she had definitely given me negative feelings about the evening.

The bruchetta was tasty but had fairly large globs of garlic that really "bit" when you got one. My husband said he was still tasting it after his meal, it was so strong and unpleasant.

House salads were difficult to eat because they were in these little tiny bowls and our lettuce kept falling out. Very uninspired salad--some lettuce with a few shredded carrots. Was very surprised to see it not better than this, although the salad dressing was quite tasty.

I had the pompodoro (sp?) and husband had the chicken. Both were quite good but not as spectacular or unexpected as I would have expected, based on the reviews this place has received. Portions were quite generous.

Finished off with a Bailey's and coffee--needless to say, major yum there!

We'll go back but I wasn't really impressed.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“I guess the owner doesn't care anymore”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Jean and I had lunch at Paravinini's today (with 6 other people) and at least half of us were VERY disappointed. Jean ordered Italian Wedding Soup and was very surprised that it appeared to be rather ordinary chicken vegetable soup with some token spinach leaves and meatballs thrown in. I ordered what the menu described as a Panini - this sandwich was still cold as if it had come right out of the refridgerator! I sent it back since it obviously had never been exposed to any source of heat. The two ladies who sat across from us ordered the lobster bisque - both thought that the flavor was a bit "off" like it was improperly stored for too long a time. In general our party agreed that this place was not worth what it cost for lunch today. Could it be that the owner has some other venture and just doesn't care about this one anymore?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Definitely get a reservation beforehand, this place is rip-roaring on weekends! We had one and still had to wait a little while past the time.
Service is great. We didn't order anything fancy but the food is really good. I had the penne alla vodka which was awesome! Don't fret the reviews saying its 100 plus dollars for a couple. We got out for around fifty dollars with apps and drinks plus our meal w/salads and we gorged!
Everyone was competing for street parking when we were there but there was a parking lot in the rear that was near empty in the back. Its not well lit so keep your claws at-ready!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere