You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15275 Struthers Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80921   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #42 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Boston, Massachusetts
“New, Clean, Convenient to AFA!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Being a Marriott member, we'd choose the Fairfield Inn while our son attended an Air Force camp. Thus, we'd stayed all week and enjoyed the time. The property is newer, and well-appointed by Marriott standards. Dining is not an option, yet there are close by restaurants. The only issue we'd experienced, was that the internet never really worked. When it did, it was violently slow. I'd tackled this challenge by simply driving down the road to the super market and sat in the Starbucks for a few hours to get work done. Nevertheless, a good property.

Room Tip: Top floors, southern view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Hello John B!
Thank you for staying with us during the USAFA Sports Camp! Here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North, we are always happy to be home to parents of USAFA Cadets and Sports Camps alike! We hope that you will come stay with us again!

Travel Safely!

Tami Long

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Generic room with double queens.
It had a generous breakfast area.
Very close to Pikes Peak and Cheyenne Canyon attractions.
We slept sound and did not have any issue with noise from
other guests.
Staff very friendly

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tami L, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear RG,
Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor! Summer time is a great time to visit all of the best that the Colorado Springs area has to offer! We hope that you will come visit us again in the future!! Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North USAFA is the place to stay!!

General Manager!
Richmond, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for 3 nights. We had no problems at all. The room was clean, affordable and convenient to many of the things we wanted to do while in CS. Breakfast is the usual, however the gentleman overseeing the breakfast room, Garrett, is very nice and went out of his way to be helpful.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are always happy to have you stay with us! Glad that you found us friendly and hospitable!! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Sierra Vista, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Let me start off by saying that the hotel can't control every contingency. I get that. But when we stayed at this hotel there was a noisy girls basketball team staying on the same floor. One night we had to call the front desk and they got the adult supervision to get the girls to stop slamming doors, talking loudly, and running up and down the halls. Next night, same problem. Air conditioning in the room was hard to control. It was either freeze to death or die of heat. Made sleeping at night difficult. Overall if you're looking for more than a very basic experience and plan to stay more than a night or two, I'd look for another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Deli8,
thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry that experienced noise issues during your stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North USAFA! It can be difficult to control energetic young people on a road trip! I trust that your call to the desk helped to subdue these young people. I hope that our staff was kind and courteous and tried to mitigate your inconvenience. Please give us a call the next time you are heading through Colorado Springs, and give us another try!

I remain,
At your Service!
Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was travelling with a business group that had a business meeting in downtown Colorado Springs the next day. The hotel is easy access off the freeway, near food & gas -- and as always the Fairfield offers FREE breakfast in the morning which means it's a great value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Jeff K,
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! We are easily accessible to Colorado Springs, Downtown, and all of the amazing attractions that our city has to offer! We are glad that you find our Fairfield Inn & Suites USAFA to be a good value, and hope that the next time you visit Colorado Springs that you will again choose Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North USAFA!
Travel Safe!

Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel is located and is easily accessible from the highway. Shops and restaurants are close by. The staff were very professional and helpful. Check-in was painless. Staff were very friendly. The breakfast included was good. Coffee was good, and available 24-7.

The room was clean, the colors are great. It sounds girly, but colors of the room does make a difference in how you can relax in there. The bed was firm enough, and did offer a good night sleep. Pillows were a bit too soft for me.

They have a fitness room, indoor pool, and laundry room. I didn't get to use them, but if I had my family with me, it would have been great. There is a "business room" where a computer with internet and printer were provided for use for free. The lobby is very relaxing to sit in and enjoy the paper, with adequate seating.

Breakfast is the usual breakfast served: eggs, sausage, bagels, bread, cereal, oatmeal, juice, etc. Food temperatures were adequate. There were 2 ladies that kept the dining area clean at all times. Both ladies were very friendly. This is always a plus, in my opinion, to a hotel's success, because friendly staff makes for a more pleasant stay.

Recommendations:
1. Sell mints in your "mini-store."
2. Provide lotion in the bathroom.
3. Place a hook on the wall between the bathtub and the toilet so we can easily access towels after shower use.
4. Contract with local shuttle companies to be able to get picked-up from your hotel to go to Denver Int'l Airport. I had a friend drop me off at another hotel to pick-up the shuttle.

About me: I was on business, and stayed from 4/23 to 4/25. I was given the first floor room next to the laundry room/pool. Stay away from that room if you can. It's a high traffic area, and I could hear the washer/dryer running late in the evening. I had to keep the TV on at a low level to drown the sound. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor whenever possible, and away from the laundry room / pool room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear pi3point14nj,
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel! It is a little noiser by the pool, but next time you visit - Bring your family!!! We appreciate the comments about our staff, as you are correct that a smiling face can make such a difference in your stay!
Wherever your travels take you - Enjoy the Ride!

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and while the room was great, when I went to breakfast, it was overrun by little kids. The parents were letting then run wild with no care for other hotel guests. I literally had to step around kids just to get to the buffet. The hotel staff (who was there to replenish the food) did nothing about it! When I went to another area of the restaurant just to escape the kid chaos, I had a little kid apparently trying to harass me from behind my chair. (I kept hearing sounds from behind my chair, but wasn't sure what it. Then, a parent finally came up and pulled her child away saying he should be respectful of other guests (really!). Obviously, the hotel cared more about kids (and their paying parents) than their other paying guests. They have lost this guest (and probably others)!!!! (and to all you rude parents out there--think about teaching your kids some manners!!)

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
tforcegm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Joe T,
I am so sorry about the inconvenience that you experienced in our breakfast area during your stay. I understand the need for that first cup of coffee as a calm start to the day. I am sorry that you were disturbed and sad that you feel you will not stay with us in the future. We try to make certain that all of our guests feel welcome and accepted. Where ever your travels take you we hope they are safe and comfortable.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy
Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force A...
#4 of 107 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 stars 426 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn...
#13 of 107 in Colorado Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 526 reviews
Fairfield Inn Colorado Springs Air Force Academy
Fairfield Inn Colorado Springs A...
#21 of 107 in Colorado Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 75 reviews
Ramada Monument
Ramada Monument
#1 of 1 in Monument
3.0 of 5 stars 332 reviews
Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Residence Inn Colorado Springs N...
#9 of 107 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 stars 180 reviews
MCM Elegante Suites
MCM Elegante Suites
#52 of 107 in Colorado Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 99 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy

Address: 15275 Struthers Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Location: United States > Colorado > El Paso County > Colorado Springs
Ranked #42 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy 2.5*
The newly designed Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy hotel is conveniently located in Monument just off of I-25. Come relax and enjoy our full array of amenities in addition to clean, contemporary, vibrant guest rooms and surroundings. We’re proud to be voted by guests as one of the top-rated Fairfield Inn & Suites nationwide! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Marriott, Hotels.com, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.