“No Complaints. Good for my short stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15275 Struthers Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80921   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #38 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Newark, New Jersey
“No Complaints. Good for my short stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel is located and is easily accessible from the highway. Shops and restaurants are close by. The staff were very professional and helpful. Check-in was painless. Staff were very friendly. The breakfast included was good. Coffee was good, and available 24-7.

The room was clean, the colors are great. It sounds girly, but colors of the room does make a difference in how you can relax in there. The bed was firm enough, and did offer a good night sleep. Pillows were a bit too soft for me.

They have a fitness room, indoor pool, and laundry room. I didn't get to use them, but if I had my family with me, it would have been great. There is a "business room" where a computer with internet and printer were provided for use for free. The lobby is very relaxing to sit in and enjoy the paper, with adequate seating.

Breakfast is the usual breakfast served: eggs, sausage, bagels, bread, cereal, oatmeal, juice, etc. Food temperatures were adequate. There were 2 ladies that kept the dining area clean at all times. Both ladies were very friendly. This is always a plus, in my opinion, to a hotel's success, because friendly staff makes for a more pleasant stay.

Recommendations:
1. Sell mints in your "mini-store."
2. Provide lotion in the bathroom.
3. Place a hook on the wall between the bathtub and the toilet so we can easily access towels after shower use.
4. Contract with local shuttle companies to be able to get picked-up from your hotel to go to Denver Int'l Airport. I had a friend drop me off at another hotel to pick-up the shuttle.

About me: I was on business, and stayed from 4/23 to 4/25. I was given the first floor room next to the laundry room/pool. Stay away from that room if you can. It's a high traffic area, and I could hear the washer/dryer running late in the evening. I had to keep the TV on at a low level to drown the sound. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor whenever possible, and away from the laundry room / pool room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear pi3point14nj,
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel! It is a little noiser by the pool, but next time you visit - Bring your family!!! We appreciate the comments about our staff, as you are correct that a smiling face can make such a difference in your stay!
Wherever your travels take you - Enjoy the Ride!

Tami Long

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and while the room was great, when I went to breakfast, it was overrun by little kids. The parents were letting then run wild with no care for other hotel guests. I literally had to step around kids just to get to the buffet. The hotel staff (who was there to replenish the food) did nothing about it! When I went to another area of the restaurant just to escape the kid chaos, I had a little kid apparently trying to harass me from behind my chair. (I kept hearing sounds from behind my chair, but wasn't sure what it. Then, a parent finally came up and pulled her child away saying he should be respectful of other guests (really!). Obviously, the hotel cared more about kids (and their paying parents) than their other paying guests. They have lost this guest (and probably others)!!!! (and to all you rude parents out there--think about teaching your kids some manners!!)

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
tforcegm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Joe T,
I am so sorry about the inconvenience that you experienced in our breakfast area during your stay. I understand the need for that first cup of coffee as a calm start to the day. I am sorry that you were disturbed and sad that you feel you will not stay with us in the future. We try to make certain that all of our guests feel welcome and accepted. Where ever your travels take you we hope they are safe and comfortable.
Cedar Lake, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I wish I could rate more than just a 5, this place is outstanding. The room was spotless, the breakfast was delicious, and the staff is so kind & helpful. We were on the 3rd floor and had such a beautiful view of Pikes Peak! To those complaining of the cars or train, unless you're an incredibly light sleeper there are no disruptions, whatsoever. We're coming to Colorado soon and we will be staying here!! Thank you so much Marriott!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Callalea,
Thanks so much for your very nice review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us! We do have spectacular views!!!! We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in our area! Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North USAFA!
Safe travels!
San Marcos, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I found this location to be very noisy! Other reviews mention paper thin towels...how about the paper thin walls? Doors slamming...walls shaking and interstate noise! (I could hear footsteps next door and people blowing their nose) The wifi is very slow. This is not a great location for work related travel or rest. I'm very disappointed. I won't stay here again...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Laurie746,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on Trip Advisor. First, let me apologize for the noise that you experienced while you were with us. I am so sorry that you were inconvenienced. Our internet is usually pretty good, so I was surprised to hear that you experienced problems with it. If you have time, would you contact me directly via email so that I can get more information about the internet problem? I would like to make sure that we get it resolved! my Email is ffi.cossm.gm@marriott.com. Again, please accept my apology for any inconvenience that you experienced!

Tami Long
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

The Marriotts in other parts of the country have the same problem. They have new towels that are paper thin.
Not what a person usually thinks of for a Marriott property. I know they will probably tell you they are going green. That would be code for going cheep on your dime!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Henry B,
Thank your for your survey response! I appreciate you taking the time to respond about your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorady Springs North/USAFA. We are in the process of rotating those thinner towels out of our linen inventory, and purchasing some flufflier towels going forward. Towels get a lot of washes in a hotel, so we are trying to find a product that holds up to those high temps and constant washings! We hope that you will come back and see us when you are back in the area, and that we can warm your heart with a new fluffy towel!!
Thank you for your feedback!
Monument
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The front desk staff and housekeeping staff were very accommodating and friendly. The hotel has a good location that suited our needs. The breakfast was hours were compatible with early morning functions and had a good variety of items..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Tina H,
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to review us on TripAdvisor! We always appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests! Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North USAFA is happy to have been your respite for a short while! We look forward to seeing you again soon!!!

Tami Long GM
Ankeny, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The hotel and room was clean; the pool and hot tub was very nice; the breakfast was good and with a nice variety. The desk clerk was very nice and very helpful. The hotel was also close to the interface for easy access. There were also restaurants nearby (walking distance) which made it nice to get some supper. The bathtub drain was a bit slow which is the only negative I have to offer up.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Bryan T,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We are glad that you had a great stay, and we appreciate you letting us know about your slow tub drain! We will get that taken care of right away! Here's to 2014! Safe Travels, and come see us again!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy

Address: 15275 Struthers Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Location: United States > Colorado > El Paso County > Colorado Springs
Ranked #38 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy 2.5*
The newly designed Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy hotel is conveniently located in Monument just off of I-25. Come relax and enjoy our full array of amenities in addition to clean, contemporary, vibrant guest rooms and surroundings. We’re proud to be voted by guests as one of the top-rated Fairfield Inn & Suites nationwide! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.