“Wonderfully diverse menu” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Caspian Cafe Mediterranean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,193 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Garden of the Gods Rd
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Wonderfully diverse menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

The Caspian Cafe has a distinctive niche in Colorado Springs if one is looking for a diverse Mediterranean menu. The food is smartly prepared, and the staff efficient and courteous. It is one of the few places in Colorado Springs that allows me to remember several of the trips I have made to Europe. It is a great place to be adventurous.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Loveland, Ohio
“Wonderful Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We visited Caspian Cafe last night for the first time and had a wonderful time. The menu was extensive, including a wide rage of Mediterranean dishes. So many temping items it was had to choose. I had the Persian Chicken with Walnut sauce and my wife chose Salmon with Orange and Ginger sauce. Both were WONDERFUL. Basmati Rice and vegetables on both were fresh and well seasoned. Salmon was light and delicate, the Chicken dish was tender and well seasoned (the walnut and pomegranate sauce was delightful). For dessert we had the Orange and Saffron carmel creme. That was very rich and a great ending to the meal. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, but not intrusive. It's a great place for a quiet, relaxing dinner.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A very special occasion.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The salmon special and chicken almond and honey were delicious. The Chicken had very generous portions (1/2 a chicken). The service was very top notch. Our watress, Brandy, was not overpresent but always there when she needed to be. I would highly recommend this restuarant to anyone wanting a quiet atmosphere to have a very special meal. It is very convenient to the La Quinta restuarant and practically in their parking lot. I very nice place.

Orlando, Florida
“Better than homemade Moroccan food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Went to the restaurant with friends, food was spectacular-everyone loved their dishes. I had lamb apricot tagine and it is the best one I've had in a long time (my family is from Morocco)

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Yummy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went here and each ordered something different. For appetizers, we had some pita and different dips - which were delicious. I had a Persian dish which was delicious (after I figured out there was skin still on the chicken). I wanted to order something I couldn't normally get at home and wasn't disappointed. The dessert I had was a chocolate mousse and easily one of the best things I had on my trip.

The server was very knowledgeable about the menu and wines and was able to give suggestions based upon each. One of our party members couldn't have gluten, so she even suggested some carrot sticks instead of pita for her to use for the hummus and cucumber dips we ordered.

The owner (?) came over and made sure everything was good and was very hospitable. The prices were very good as well - nothing too expensive.

I will warn people the restaurant is a little hard to find - we ended up going around a block where a trucking company is in order to find it. It's literally RIGHT next to the freeway - the first street. Checking a map before you go should alleviate the problem, but our GPS got lost!

Would definitely eat here again next time I go to Colorado Springs! I'd love to try more dishes.

• Visited January 2014