“Dirty, Dirty, Dirty...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of TravelStar Inn & Suites

You added TravelStar Inn & Suites to your Saves list
TravelStar Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1703 S Nevada Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80905 (Formerly Travelodge Colorado Springs South)   |
Ranked #73 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Boulder, Colorado
“Dirty, Dirty, Dirty...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

When I checked in the sheets were dirty with hairs and mascara marks. The closet hadn't been vacuumed and there was dirt, scraps of paper and a half of a q-tip. The shower was also dirty. When I brought it to the attendant's attention she didn't seem surprised and asked me what I wanted to do. I asked for a refund and left. Steer clear of this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bhubaneswar, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Having booked a room at TravelStar Inn & Suites, I read reviews about the hotel at trip advisor only to find that the hotel have had a lot of negative reviews from travellers before. A little worried, I reached hotel expecting the worst. But my experience turned out to be unique exception! The staff was friendly, location was ideal, rent fits my budget (only $60 for four of us), room was clean and had microwave, a mini fridge and an electric stove (none of which I expected to be there for the rent I paid).

Only thing I did not like is the location of Air Conditioner (it is located near bathroom and takes longer time to cool the room).

Room Tip: They don't have an elevator but then, there are only two floors. If possible, get a room on 1st...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Everything about this place was awful. I stayed in one room and my parents stayed in another-after the house keepers came and got the dirty towels, it took forever to get any towels, so my parents went to get some more, and when they did, one of the house keepers got mad at them, started yelling at them and tried to throw them out, simply for trying to find a towel.This place has the worst customer service ever. If anyone is looking for a motel, do not stay at travelstar inn. This place is the worst ever. We basically had to request for the rooms to be clean and to get more towels.

Room Tip: Just dont go to Travelstar Inn.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

First off this place is located on the bad side of town. The cleaningness is horrible.. ants everywhere. They gave us another room which was equally ant filled. Obviously no maids, the rooms have leftover trash from previous tennants. As for the wifi, forget it. Hardly works. I had to borrow my dads phone just to write this. I would never recommend this place. Matter of fact heed my warning and stay away.

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I decided to stay at the travelstar inn for one day originally and when I checked in the husband and wife couple who run the hotal were sweet as pie. But I got to my room and all of the bath towels are torn to shreds and the vent for the heater was laying in the middle of the floor. This was really not that big a deal concidering the price for the rooms are very reasonable.
The following morning I wanted to add another stay to my bill so I enformed the wife. She had some issues ringing me up and showed me a blank receipt I didnt mind this but when I checked my bank statement it claimed that the hotel charged me double. I contacted my bank and was informed that ibwould have to get a refund.
I spoke to the wife about it orginally and she seemed to have no idea how to fix the problem and informed me to wait for her husband. When he finally answerd my call, hours later, he called the room yelling into the phone. Not really explaining what happened. And when I went to the office the only thing both of them could tell me was that this happens, ALL THE TIME. because of wifes mistake I did get charged twice I just dont understand why it took hours to resolve the issue. And before I left the husband startz making statments about me calling obama. I am a guyanese american and found that statment unnecessary and slightly racist and from how he was behaving while I was trying to speak to him I could tell that thats exactly what his point was.
Im not touching this place with a 10 foot poll......

• Stayed November 2012
Friendswood, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Staff: Maids were very friendly. Management: I liked them except for the night manager...older man. Made me feel like a criminal bz I had to ask for 2 extra towels and more toilet paper. They would only ever leave 2 towels when they knew there were 4 of us. I finally asked the maid to leave us 4 and she was really sweet about it. Room: The a/c unit was in the dressing/bathroom sink area and it was hard to cool the room unless you left it on all the time. The bed felt lopsided and I felt like I was going to roll out of my side every time. Hard and rather uncomfortable. It was fairly quiet, though....not much neighbor noise and only heard fire trucks now and then. I was happy to come back to a clean room each evening...and there was always more coffee for morning. I loved seeing the mountains from my window!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view so you can see the mountains!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

OKAY, first of all I am not used to staying in Motels but it was cozy for the money. It used to be a Ramada Inn so I figured it was nice enough to stay in. I am currently undergoing a divorce and I needed a place to stay for a week for the income I am dealing with since no barracks room were available for me so, to me it was clean enough without roommate hassle. The management offers continental brkfst, free internet, free cable, AC, clean towels daily and I had a microwave and a Refrigerator. They even have a pool. I met the Korean family and they happen to be the business owners and they are hoping to open the restaurant one day. My first duty station was Korea so I wanted to support and I believe you would enjoy the service. They have Korean watchdogs which made me respect the Korean culture even more. I do wish they could provide a free cont'l breakfast menu to go though.

Room Tip: Great value for the money.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo