“Reasonable Rates, Comfortable Room & Friendly People” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Call Direct for Best Rate
Ranked #48 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Oviedo, Florida
“Reasonable Rates, Comfortable Room & Friendly People”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Nice cozy motel that's probably been around for the past fifty plus years. My room had a king bed, television with Direct TV, dresser, two night stands, desk with chair, two additional chairs, microwave and small refrigerator. The room is small but there was still ample room to move about. The room, including the bathroom, had been updated I would estimate in the last few years. The bedroom and bathroom including the bedding, carpet, tub/shower, sink, etc. we're found very clean with housekeeping refreshing the room daily. A window type AC unit is available and the windows are equipped with screen. A bench seat and two additional seats are available directly outside each door. It's definitely not new but seems to be taken care of. Overall very comfy room that definitely served its purpose nicely and the price wasn't that bad either.

I didn't use the pool but did see several guests using it on all days of my stay. Parking can be a little tight but ample parking was available. Continental breakfast provided daily consisting of coffee, hot chocolate, tea, fruit, 3 different cereals, danish, croissants and bread.

The only complaints /comments I have regarding this location is the water pressure in the shower varies greatly and the temperature changes rapidly and randomly during a short shower. I'm sure this is due to other guests using water. My tub / shower did not drain well allowing water to accumulate while taking a shower and the towels I thought were rough feeling. Of my three night stay breakfast was good two of the mornings but not refreshed on the third leaving me with very limited choices.

The location is great and is within five minutes of Garden of the Gods, Cave of the Winds, Manitou Cliff Dwellings and the downtown shopping and eating area of Manitou Springs. When I visit this area again I would definitely stay at this motel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I have never in my entire life had bed bugs! I was staying at this motel for a few days and it seemed relatively clean, but really is very dirty! There were bed bugs in the bed! Thank God I noticed before I got into the bed! Not only are the owners rude and unhelpful, but the rooms are so gross! I would never recommend this place to anyone! I t is sad and scary to think about all those people who've stayed here and did not know what is going on! On top of all that the room said it was non smoking, but you can definitely tell that it had been smoked in before. That old smoke smell is very apparent! The owners are clearly not from this country and it shows! They were so rude and obnoxious I could not believe they run a business this way!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
popsi12, Owner at Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
This a very serious accusation. We never had such a problem and we are making sure that our maids are aware if there is possible problem. We also have an exterminating company Global Pest Control that is coming every month to spray inside the rooms and outside just to avoid any possible problems.
Thousands of our satisfied customers know that we take pride in our lodge and our rooms are very clean. Also we are the ones that stripped the beds so we know first hand if there is a problem. What strikes me is that you said that we were rude and that is totally opposite what our customers are saying. All the hotels were also warned by the chamber of commerce about the scam going on that people bring the bed bugs with them then stay few days and then want the refund because of the condition. We know that our rooms are clean and we take great pride in them.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Even though you can tell it's an older place, and it doesn't look like a five star hotel from the outside, don't let those things keep you from staying here. This place is run by a family and they are very kind and courteous, willing to help you with absolutely anything you need. We had a king bed room, and when we walked in we were pleasantly surprised. Everything was so clean and updated. There were wood floors, new tile in the bathroom, a pretty bed set, a kitchenette with a full fridge, and a flat screen TV with satellite. It was our favorite place to stay in colorado springs on a budget...it's definitely a great deal!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Charles, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

All the great Colorado Springs attractions are less than 5 minutes from this quaint, little hotel. Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, Old Colorado City and, of course, Pikes Peak are practically within walking distance from the hotel.....well maybe not the base of the mountain....but it is still very close.

It is a well kept up older hotel with nice, modern rooms. My son says the pool was great and I observed the owners taking good care of it on a daily basis. The breakfast pastries were fine/typical. The staff was helpful and nice. The rates were very reasonable for our "on a budget" traveling.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The lodge has all types of rooms. We needed a room for six which is not always easy to find. We had three queen beds, a fridge, a microwave, and two televisions. The room had been remodeled with new doors, new windows, and new entry steps. The floors squeaked a little, but that is harder to fix. The rooms and bath were clean, the beds comfortable. The breakfast had a good variety but no hot foods. The advantage to this motel is that it is close to Pikes Peak and the Garden of the Gods. The motel is located between two highways but we did not hear any road noise. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here with my husband, grand daughter, and elderly parents for three days. We had a room with two double beds and a kitchen, and my parents had a room with one queen bed, and a nice porch that backed up to the swimming pool. Both rooms were very comfortable and nicely decorated. The kitchen was small, but perfect for our needs. The TVs and internet worked well, and the beds were very comfortable. We played cards every afternoon at the unit by the pool, while my grand daughter swam, then headed to the other unit to cook our dinner at our shaded picnic area. We even had a BBQ grill. The property is located just minutes from Garden of the Gods and downtown Manitou, as well as other big attractions like the zoo and Santa's workshop. The owners are a lovely couple, and were very nice and accommodating in every way. We will definitely return to the Rainbow Motel when our travels take us that way again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

me and my girl stayed at the rainbow and it was one of the most comfortable and friendly places ive been in a while the pool is clean and refreshing the rooms are super clean and the whole atmosphere is relaxing I recamend the rainbow to all that come up to Manitou and its very affordable for all the atmosphere u get a must stay

Room Tip: al the rooms are exelent