“Great, clean stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Great, clean stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at the Rainbow Inn from July 18-21. We had 7 adults-ages 18-55 and 3 kids, we got rooms 115,116,117 and they were perfect! They are older units but nicely decorated and very clean. The owners were very nice and very helpful. The kids loved the pool. It is very close to all of the main attractions in Manitou Springs. The only thing I would complain about is the breakfast. It was cereal, toast and some Danish pastries, juice, coffee, milk. Which that might be fine for some but it wasn't for my bunch but you are very close to other places for a great breakfast. They also had a laundry room that was $3.00 to wash and dry and they provided detergent and that was great for me considering I had the kids that were going through clothes like crazy.

Room Tip: clean, affordable and good for large groups
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Rainbow Motel for 6 nights and everything was perfect. We had a 2 bedroom apt. very spacious with a kitchen and everything you would need. Owners were very kind and helpful. We really enjoyed the Rainbow Motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My sister and brother in law stay here on a frequent basis, at least for the past 7 or 8 years. My sister convinced me to go on a mini vacation this last weekend (Memorial Day weekend), it was myself, my 4 daughters,2 son in laws, 3 grandchildren, my sister and her hubby..her daughter and 2 children and my cousins and their 3 children and 2 friends of my sisters..so it was a big family..we had 6 rooms...and I will tell you what...it was a great time! We relaxed by the pool as the kids swam, bbq'd by our rooms, sat and just visited all day and evening....the rooms were comfy...very clean...the owners are great people. We decided this is going to be our yearly Memorial Day weekend mini vacation spot.....thanks for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: poolside....that is where my room was and I loved it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was considering booking based off of reading the motel descriptions..... until I read the reviews. I see some nice ones and then some not so nice ones. What got me is the fact that of all the reviews to respond to, it was one where the owners feel the need to bash back at.argue with a customer. Really? Not a single response to a single review except to continue arguing with one customer instead of just letting it be water under the bridge so-to-speak. I think i'll pass here! If you can respond to one, then a good and responsible owner/manager should respond to all. The pictures are also worth a thousand words..... and one of them being "Nah!"

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

So I'm really not writing this to be mean because the owners were very sweet but I really wouldn't stay here if you can help it. I went here based on good reviews but I didn't have a particularly good experience. I knew what to expect for the price but this was worse. Dimly lit, funky smell, just a run-down room. Lots of cracks and minor damages everywhere, the rusted out faucet was halfway falling off the wall in the bathtub. There were hairs in the bed and on the floor. The breakfast room was just unpleasant, we went there the first morning with nothing to choose from, much was stale, and you just sit there staring at the chipped, unkempt walls, just run down. I got a little grossed out and we had to eat out the next morning and I know that might sound dramatic to some but not a pleasant experience. The worst part was the day after we left the motel when I discovered a big, bumpy, red rash across my chest which I guarantee was from the towels not being cleaned, grossed me out so bad and the rash lasted for 2 weeks, definitely dampered the rest of the trip. Like I said, not writing to be spiteful or mean, everyone was very nice there, but you could get something better for the price.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Sounded good based on reviews- but the motel is dated. Allows pets but there is no place to potty your dog. I ended up trying to cross a very busy 24 with my dog- in my pajamas to find a spot of grass. Some confusion on the pet fee- it was collected on check in (20$) and then requested again on check out. In my opinion- not that great. I wont stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Lincoln, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The day started out bad as when we arrived for a scheduled stay we found a note saying they were closed until 10.00 PM. They did leave a note with a phone number to call as the staff was at a Christmas party. To give them credit the owners son did come to check us in within in 30 minutes after the phone call.... BUT at first he was angry as there was no record that we had a reservation but I had the conformation number so then he was ok once he seen it was their mistake.
The really bad part is the condition of the room. It had a strong smell of urine or something similar. The carpet is complety worn out and hadn't been vacuumed in a while and the edges and corners were full of stuff. Right in front of the bathroom door is a soft spot in the flooring that has at least 3 inches of give to it. The bathtub caulking was black with mold. The small window heater was not enough to warm the room.
We stayed one night then left for the day and when we returned in late afternoon our son who lives in the Springs came in the room and couldn't believe that we would stay in that room. We then packed up our things and left.
Granted that it could be that this room might be the only bad one at the Rainbow Lodge as we did stay in a different room last year that was ok. But we won't be back. I think he gave us this room because he was angry about having to leave the party

Room Tip: the Comfort Inn is 2 blocks down the street, go there
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!