“Gross!” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“Gross!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I never write reviews, but had to come here to warn people that this place is , in the words of my 4 year old, "disgusting"! If you like the thick stench of cigarette smoke, deep ground-in filth in the floor and carpet, and NO WIFI, then this place is for you. It is basically one step above camping... actually camping might have been better because then my luggage wouldn't still smell! This is the kind of place where you don't take your shoes off in your room or your feet will turn black. Seriously! Whoever wrote that "eccelctic little place" review must of been the people cooking up the meth in our room's bathroom, because that is what it looked like with all the burns all over the nasty linoleum.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cordelia, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Let me start off by saying that I am not very picky when it comes to choosing a hotel and I do not expect anything fancy when spending $75/night for a room. What I do expect is that the room will be clean & comfortable and that I will feel safe. I was looking for a last minute hotel room in Colorado Springs and did not want to spend over $100 for just one night, after reading a few reviews on Trip Advisor this seemed like it would be an ok place to stay for the night after driving for over 13 hours. I should have trusted my instincts when I walked into the lobby. The first thing you notice when you walk in is the overwhelming smell of plug-in air fresheners. The gentleman at the front desk was not very friendly or helpful, he was helping another customer with some WIFI issues and basically told her the WIFI was fine and the issue was her computer (we were not able to get the WIFI to work for us either). He was very short with us and seemed like he didn't even want to be there. After checking in and paying for our room we were told there were no elevators which meant we had to carry everything with us up the stairs to the second floor (no assistance or change to a ground level floor was offered). Once we got upstairs we were immediately overwhelmed by the smell of cigarette smoke, dirty dogs, musty/stale air and more plug-in air fresheners (there are different scents plugged into every outlet in the upstairs hallway). I myself am a dog lover and stay at pet friendly hotels all the time but I have never been in a hotel that smells like dirty dog. I did notice that all the rooms had no smoking signs but either guests were ignoring this or the smell was coming from downstairs rooms. The rooms here are very outdated and dingy including the air conditioner which cycles off and on very loudly about every five minutes. The linens on the beds do not appear to have ever been replaced or updated and even had some stains on them and the bed itself was very uncomfortable. The shower curtain was nasty and in the room my brother rented it had mold on it. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything all night long, people walking up and down the halls, dogs barking, people coughing, doors slamming, you name it we heard it. There is a huge gap between the door and the floor so the light from the hallway shines in your room all night ( I ended up putting a towel on the floor to cover the gap). Our room was also right across from the guest lounge and there was creepy man sleeping in there with the lights off, he was gone in the morning but I don't know if he stayed the night there. I should have asked for a refund and went to another hotel but after driving for over 13 hours and facing another 10 hour drive the next day I really just wanted to sleep. In the morning when I checked out the lady at the front desk seemed very uninterested in asking how my stay was or anything, it took her minute to look up from what she was doing and she simply took the room keys and that was it. The only positive I can give this hotel is that they provide nice toilet paper and had good pastries for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
airportvalueinn, Owner at Airport Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for writing your review. Since we care about our guests and want to provide value and satisfaction for every one of them. We are very concerned with the experience you describe. Our hotel is older and privately owned, we strive to update guest accommodations as we are able to. The air conditioners and WIFI is on the top of our list. Also I will share your thoughts with our team to see how we can improve our guest experience. As for the guest lounge, it is closed by 11:00 pm every night. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and please know we are making an effort toward addressing these issues. Please allow us another opportunity to show you how much we have improved next time you are in Colorado Springs.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My family and I stayed here for three weeks after our house was sold. This place had the best pet rate in town, a decent continental breakfast, and extremely friendly, and accomodating staff. Though the area is a little seedy, it could be alot worse in the springs. I actually felt safe, and secure. There are smoking rooms available here. The hotel is very well kept, clean, and monitored closely. There is a convenience store right next door, as well as several other dining and laundry facilities nearby. There is no pool, or any fancy extras, but the service, price, and accomodations cannot be beat if you are traveling with pets.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
airportvalueinn, Guest Service Representative at Airport Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for both your patronage and for posting such generous comments regarding our business. We work very hard to ensure that we please wonderful customers like you. Thank you for validating that we are accomplishing that goal.
Hope to see you again.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My family and I stayed here when relocating to Colorado Springs. The staff was friendly and always willing to help. The breakfast is wonderful, our kids asked for it everyday. The fitness room and laundry facility are wonderful add-ons especially when you are staying for extended periods of time, which they offer great rates for too. Loved having 24 hour wireless internet and the staff can not be beat. They also had wonderful cable package with many premium channels like ESPN and HBO We stayed in a regular room and then moved to a suite. I would highly recommend the suites, the regular rooms do have microwaves and mini refrigerators, which is uncommon at such a reasonable rate, but the suites have full kitchens with separate bedrooms and sitting area. Overall this hotel is awesome!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Colorado springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Very well run company
the only place ill stay when in colorado we have stayed at many motels and hotels and airport value inn and suites is the cleanest and the best breakfast and also the friendliest employees that i have had the pleasure of renting a room from anytime im in colorado springs i will always stay at airport value inn and suites

• Stayed December 2013
airportvalueinn, Manager at Airport Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Airport Value Inn & Suites greatly appreciates the wonderful comment and we look forward to serving you on your next trip to Colorado Springs. We Thank You for choosing Airport Value Inn & Suites as you Colorado Springs hotel destination and Merry Christmas!

Management & Staff
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I don't have unrealistic expectations from budget hotels, but this one is below par in my opinion.

Problems:
-Check in took well over 30 minutes and I was the only one in the lobby
-I was placed in a smoking room because they were overbooked
-Zero wifi signal

• Stayed August 2013
airportvalueinn, Manager at Airport Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Airport Value Inn & Suites appreciates your response on your visit to our hotel. We strive to provide excellent customer service and offer the best amenities to all our guests. Guest comments help better our training and customer service. Do to the events of poor Wi-Fi signal and long check-in operations our wonderful staff here have been updated on operations of front desk check-in procedures and have upgraded our wireless routers to give excellent signal for all your online business needs. Here at Airport Value Inn & Suites we do our very best in providing our guests with the best and hope that you will visit us again in the near future to have the chance to experience the changes made to better our services to you. We thank you for choosing us as your Colorado Springs hotel destination and wish you happy and safe trip in the future ahead.

In Regards,
Shaun Madrid
Chandler, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

During our stay in June at Americas Best Value Innl in Colorado springs at 430 W Garden of the Gods. We had the best experience in hotel accommodations. Your rep at this inn (Maria) was most pleasant, professional, helpful in so many ways, that she is the far best rep of any hotel that we have stayed in, and we travel a lot. Our vacation made it better with Maria being at the Best Value Inn. Thanks again Maria

Room Tip: Ground floor was quiet - Parking excellent