“good value” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Bonita Springs, Florida
“good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

Booked this based on Trip Advisor reviews. Don't normally choose 2-star properties but this was decent and a pleasant surprise for $74/night. Room had refrigerator, microwave. Bedspread and carpet were very dark which always makes me nervous about cleanliness. Spots on carpet. VERY small bath wtih door that opened to block sink area. Breakfast buffet (included) was impressive with waffles and a fairly big collection of choices. Staff was pleasant. Located near airport and air force base. HATED the fact that I got bounced off wireless internet 10-15 times during my one-night stay.

• Liked — Location to airport, value
  • Disliked — Wireless internet service -- dropped me 10-15 times
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
airportvalueinn, Manager at Airport Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
We thank all guests on the feedback received and strive to improve the quality of our hotel. Many upgrades have been added since your stay with us. Renovations have taken that disturbing wall out, opening more space and replacement of carpets, beds, ect. We offer great value with many new features and hope you come visit us again.

Airport Value Inn and Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
WALLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2008

My husband and I were extremely pleased with our stay at the Airport Value Inn. The room was super clean, neatly appointed and an excellent value. The continental breakfast - toast, bagels, cereal, biscuits & gravy, fruit, etc. was very good and noteworth as the cold items were kept in a refrigerator on the breakfast counter. The people at the desk were professional, friendly and helpful. We would not hesitiate to stay again!

• Liked — Cleanliness, Value, Location
  • Disliked — Not many restaurants close by
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for the wonderful comments. Meeting and exceeding your expectations is our goal. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and many amenities. We look forward to see you again and thank you for choosing Airport Value Inn and Suites as your hotel destination.

Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

Stayed the weekend. Front desk was extremely courteous, especially Jason and Frances. Asked directions to places and it was no problem for anybody. Hotel was clean and updated. Everyone working there, especially Susan, was always friendly in the halls and in the breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, what a wonderful selection. Would stay here again. Don't know what they lady that said it was disgusting was talking about. I stayed in a suite and it was one of the cleanest hotel stays that I've ever had and I travel quite a bit.

• Liked — The Service, The breakfast, and the price
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We are please to hear you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Our friendly staff strives to provide the best customer service. We look forward to serving you again and thank you for choosing Airport Value Inn and Suites.

Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2008

I was traveling with my job for two months and was booked in this motel. I looked at the website and thought no way but then saw in trip advisor that it was ranked high so I went with an open mind. When I got there the front desk was helpful and quickly got my room, a one bedroom with full kitchen.
When we walked in, we were overcome with a very heavy bug spray smell. The room was very old with stains in the carpets. The couch was dirty and the chair had a cigarette burn in it. There was no TV in the bedroom. The bed was hard as a rock. The sheets were stained and ripped. The bathroom had rust all over the place. The wood on the window was rotting. There was no place to put anything. No counter just a sink, toilet, and shower. In the kitchen the cabinets wer not clean. There was what looked like bug droppings under the sink.
We were tired and hungry so we went to dinner and where going to come back and deal with the room.
Again the front desk staff was very friendly and apolized for the problems when we came back for dinner. We were given a key to check out another room. This room was much cleaner with new carpet but the same problems in the bathroom. This room also had a TV in the bedroom. How can one room have a TV and the other not?? Then we opened the closet door and found a mouse trap!
Because it was late (11PM) we decided to stay in the first room for the night.
In the morning we were flagged down by the housekeeper that again apolozied for the dirtiness of the room. She also stated that the smell was from a room freshener. What room freshener smells like bug spray? (By the way some of my clothes that I have not washed still smell like that 3 weeks later!!!) She stated that yes that was a mouse trap but they have not caught any mice in a year in the rooms but they have outside the rooms.
I went to work to deal with the problems afterwards.
In the afernoon the GM was not there but the front desk quickly called him when i arrived and said that I was checking out in the morning. Again he was very nice and said that people never leave the motel and last night a 4 star general stayed in my room.
I had to stay one more night because the room was paid for by my company but I quickly checked out that second morning still without a place to stay that night but i was not staying there one more night. When I checked out again the GM said the same as above,

Overall I thought this was the most disgusting motel I have stayed at but at least the staff was nice.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

Well, I went to this website to see reviews on hotels as I have done before in the past. This motel ranked in at No #6. I called them directly and got an extended stay rate which was much cheaper than any of the websites. Once I got there the staff was polite and check in was easy. The room was small but sufficient for the stay. When you stay for several days the maids only come in once to clean but they will take all bath towels and trash daily. It would have been nice to get the carpet vaccumed daily due to the color being a dark green and anything and everything shows up. The breakfast in the mornings was from 6-9am weekdays and 6-10am weekends. It was ok your basic continental deal. No irons or ironing boards in the rooms you have to go to the front to check one out. The internet was terrible. After many attempts to the front desk I was told it was the local company that was having problems not the motel, which was very frustrating. Overall, this hotel is ok for the money but woud check out other motels/hotels next time I stay in the Springs. If you are visiting family at Peterson Air Force Base, this hotel is a good location, right outside the gate.

• Liked — Cost
  • Disliked — Internet
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Guest comments help us with training and customer service. We have recently upgraded out wireless internet service so guests can get their business or personal needs completed online. New renovations have been done since your last stay with us and we strive to improve better everyday. We encourage you to visit us again to enjoy all the new upgrades we offer and as always we wan to thank you for choosing us as your Colorado Springs hotel destination.

Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2007

We were forced to stay in a hotel for over a month while we waited for our new house to be ready. We searched weekly rate apartments, hotels with suites, and finally hotels in general. When we called the staff at the Airport Inn they worked out a great deal for me and my family. Three kids and a dog in a hotel is never fun but the staff at the Airport Inn made it feel as comfortable as it could be. They gave us two king connecting rooms, the staff always was accommodating to our needs, and they gave us a fantastic weekly rate. Its not the Broodmor but if you want a clean, friendly place to lay your head and save a dime this is the hotel for you! They also offer one and two bedroom suites with full kitchens, unfortunately we made our reservation they day we moved in so none were available.

• Liked — The price, the towels, and the service
  • Disliked — For a long term stay, in the middle of winter, kids out of school, its a little cramped - go with a suite!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
airportvalueinn, Manager at Airport Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay. We are pleased to hear your stay was pleasant, and our friendly staff was able to accommodate your family with connecting rooms. We are one of the lowest cost pet friendly hotels in Colorado Springs, and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for choosing Airport Value Inn and Suites.

Topeka, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2007

I was thoroughly impressed with the accomodations. The room was very clean, spacious and the microwave and refridgerator was a definite plus!!! The staff, day or night were extremely polite and professional without a hint of fakeness. They really gave me the feeling that they liked their job and wanted to reflect that on their post.

I left my daughters Nintendo DS on the bed, realizing it when I was already in Kansas but once again the hotel shined. Of course, housekeeping found it and it was shipped to me promptly thru a kind gentlemen at the front desk. I wish I could remember his name.

This is a fantastic hotel, especially for the price. I was treated much better here than in hotels where I spent far more money.

• Liked — The room was spacious, very clean and had a microwave and refridgerator.
  • Disliked — The bed, although okay, could be more comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your kind comments. We aim to surpass all of your expectations. Our courteous staff strives to provide the highest level of customer service. Since you stay with us we have made many upgrades to the rooms. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Colorado Springs.

Airport Value Inn and Suites

Been to Airport Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!