“The Best” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Take a guided bicycle tour down Pikes Peak from the summit (14,110ft.). Twenty one years in business. This ride is fun, safe, beautiful. Choice of taking the cog train or the van to the summit. All transportation, all equipment(bikes, helmets, water, all weather gear, toll and permit fees, breakfast and lunch.)
Glen Gardner, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Four of my children an myself took the ride down pikes peak an also their prospector self guided tour.Both were amazing tini an her gang were helpful in every possible way thank you challenge unlimited

Visited June 2013

“You can't beat this experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Took the cog up and rode down Pikes Peak with Challenge Unlimited. I felt like I had crossed something off my bucket list when I was done. Their guides are awesome. They keep you safe but show you a good time too! They stop along the highway so you can take in the views... Which are amazing! I've hiked, drove and rode the cog up Pikes Peak but this is by far the best way to experience it. Would recommend this trip to anyone - something for young and old.

Visited June 2013
Akron
24 attraction reviews
“Best of Both Worlds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I experienced the best of both worlds today. He is the experienced biker who has ascended and descended mountains, and I am the moderately adventurous, somewhat scared soccer Mom who wants to do different things but is much more conservative. I booked with CU because of the great Trip Advisor ratings. Was delighted to see their mention in the Colorado Springs tour guide magazine in my hotel. Trini was kind on the phone, and was prompt with response. The breakfast was delicious, and directions to location were exactly as mentioned. We were lucky to get Kent and Kellie as our guides. Both obvious very experienced on this mountain, and facilitating this tour. The warm clothes provided were clean. This isn't a time to worry about fashion ladies. Don't pass up the Cog train up. Just another great way to see the mountain. The views are spectacular, and at the 20 plus stops, the guides coached you down with every segment, no surprises, and great tips. There was NEVER any pressure on me to go faster, keep up with the gang, Kent patiently waited, and talked car after car after keeping safe distance and keeping us safe. He was so good at it, a car never once passed us down. Kent was an expert rider, and if the lead group wanted to go down at a skilled but fast speed, he was there, setting the pace, but providing the thrill. Gentlemen, listen to your guides, and don't get in front of them. My boyfriend was so excited when I finally gave him the nod, and when we got to the timberline, he rode at the front of the pack and kept pace behind Kent. After awhile, I hopped in the van, and enjoyed the last 5 miles in the van. Lunch was terrific, and you will never guess, who served it! Try the wine on your own, you deserve it and it was worth it. Good luck, have fun, and a huge thanks for the best touring team on Pikes Peak!

Spring, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Highlight of my vacation in Colorado!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We chose to do this because my husband enjoys bike riding. I am a big girl and was worried about this adventure - mainly because I didnt think I could do it. Well when I say it was the highlight of my 1 week vacation there, I mean it. I got altitude sickness at the top of pikes peak (lightheaded mainly) so I rode in the van until the first stop. The staff was so friendly and helpful and never rushed me, nor did they become frustrated with me when I couldn't make it up the hills. They were patient and always encouraged me to do whatever I was comfortable with. And I did. The ride down was BREATHTAKING - both figuratively and literally :) It was just absolutely worth the money and the worrying. We have a toddler and he was able to ride in the van with grandma and that meant the world to us because we couldn't have done it had they not accomodated our unique situation. They have a guide in the front for the fast people and one in the back for the slower ones. Challenge Unlimited was beyond excellent!!! If you are "thinking about doing this", DO IT!!! You will not regret it!!!!

Kiowa, Colorado, United States
“Rude Guide”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Not impressed with the attitude and manners of the guides. Got to remember that potential customers are all around you and when you are rude to 25-30 car loads of families it doesn't send a good message.