“Thanks, Carlos!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Carlos Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,077 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Continental
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hw 24
Lufkin, Texas
“Thanks, Carlos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is a gem. Off the beaten path, in Colorado Springs. Carlos greeted us in the parking lot, which apparently is the norm. That added to the local charm. Service was quite good. Menu is really varied, which was a bit strange (from seared Hudson Valley foie gras and $75/glass Chateau d'Yquem to Italian to Mediterranean veggie pasta), and prices were not cheap, but quality was quite good. Prime beef, Colorado rack of lamb, one of the best creme brûlées I've ever had. Good wine list. I think the main thing that would make it truly tops would be presentation. The dishes tended to be too busy to let the food truly shine. This is definitely a repeat, though! Carlos has something special here!

Denver, Colorado
“Excellent dinner at Carlos Bistro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I dined at Carlos Bistro to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We were staying at the Broadmoor Hotel on a Monday night and most of the hotel restaurants were closed. So we ventured elsewhere and we're so glad we did! Like other reviewers mentioned, Carlos greeted us in the parking lot as we were heading into the restaurant. The menu has so many mouth watering choices it was hard to decide what to order. We opted to start with the portobello mushroom soup, which was delicious. We then had the special lobster salad, which I guess Carlos is famous for. It was different from anything you've probably had before - lots of varied ingredients including scrumptious lobster, goat cheese, and pink grapefruit. Try it, you'll like it. For our main courses we had the creole shrimp and the fish special, which was Nova Scotia halibut. The shrimp pasta was incredibility rich with just the right amount of spice. The halibut was on a bed of saffron risotto. Both the fish and the risotto were very flavorful. We were so full we had to pass on the numerous desserts, all of which sounded amazing too!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Not my type”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Service was good. Owner was friendly. Reservation, Location and parking were easy. Deco was decent. But wine was overpriced and taste of food was not my type - not French not American not Italian not Californian. In sum, dishes were not impressive nor delicious. I was excited to give this a try due to others' good review but disappointed. What a bummer after spending more than $200 :(

Visited February 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Tastes of the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Being greeted in the parking lot by the Owner was just the beginning of a great experience!
With a menu so vast that it doesn't matter what you may want, chances are it is on the menu.
Ask about the lobster salad! It was a plate licking kind of salad. It was not on the menu, so ask about it!! You won't be sorry!!

Visited July 2014
Scottsdale
“Perhaps the best upscale restaurant in the U.S.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have travelled extensively and not adverse to telling it like it is. When I heard about Carlos and hi wonderful restaurant from friends we had high expectations. Far surpassed our expecations.

Carlos is Peruvian but his food is international in preparations and flavor. Carlos will welcome you and explain the menu. He makes you feel very special in his attention to detail and not rushed.

My wife and I ordered the specials of the night. Mine was cod and Carlos told me that none of his fish is ever frozen. It was spectacular and more than I could eat. My wife ordered fried oysters and she claimed it was as good as New Orleans.

His special appetizer is a lobster salad that was was split by the two of us. The dish was invented by Carlos and the flavor was unique and mild. Highly recommended.

Our total bill was around $100. I believe it was the best dinner we have shared in many years.

Go there!! You will be very happy you did!

• Visited July 2014