“Pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Summer Deals Await
Ranked #35 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
“Pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Ok,prices,nice rooms,good customer service.Great location. Spacious, I would recommend to a friend. Safe area,comfortable letting my children roam free. Close to various restaurants and shopping. Staff was knowledable about site seeing Options.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stay here when in town working, the price is right and it is close to the airport. Internet is fast and reliable. Kat cleans my room and is always smiling. My only complaint is the elevator its too slow. I would recommend Value Place for a week stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Warren, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed a week here. We used the hotel mainly as our base but wanted to be able to cook meals at times. The room was a double at a great price. Value Place has many rules that you have to follow or get charged extra. So just make sure you pay attention to them. We would stay here again. Neighborhood was OK and easy to find. Wish all of the rooms were non smoking.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Colorado Springs, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate guest feedback. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our policies are in place to provide the best environment for all of our guests. We hope that you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms including the large flat screen TV. We sincerely hope that you will think of Value Place again the next time you need a place to stay.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

First off, I expected this to be a low-budget place for temporary work. That's what it is, about as low as a budget can take you. The hotel itself is not that bad from the outside. The rooms are quite small, reasonably clean, and have a nice kitchen area (by far the nicest part of the room.) On the bad list is the location (not the safest part of town) and the bed. Honestly, my wife and I stayed for 4 nights of our week-long reservation (which we paid for in its entirety) and we never even sat on the bed. We slept on the air mattress we brought. The bed was something between a twin and a full, and the mattress looked like it came from a college dorm in the 90's. I don't know if it had bedbugs or not, but I didn't even need to know.

Overall, you get a decent value for something around 30 bucks a night. For me, it wasn't worth the rough neighborhood or the sketchy bed, but it might be for you. Note: we never felt unsafe inside the hotel, or even in the parking lot. It's really the area you have to drive through to get to this place that's unsavory.

Staff is average when it comes to friendliness and helpfulness. The night guard is great. He's probably the only reason we stayed as long as we did.

All in all, I can't recommend this place to friends, but it might fit your budget/needs for any number of reasons.

• Stayed June 2013
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Colorado Springs, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
First I'd like to thank you for your feedback. We greatly value our guest comments. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't fully enjoy your stay with us. We are in the process (started the 8th) of renovating that property. Soon that property will have all new beds and a new look throughout the hotel. In fact all of our hotels are receiving new beds throughout the summer. I hope that you will give us a try again.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have stayed twice for extended stays and you cannot beat the price! I love to cook my meals and the kitchen in room is wonderful! The place is kept very clean and the bi-weekly cleaning of rooms is nice. Cable tv line-up is best in town. Love the simplicity of it all. Like I said, you cannot beat the price! Great stay both times!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Colorado Springs, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We recently took over managing this hotel and we are pleased that our guests are enjoying their stays. I hope that you will think of Value Place if you find yourself in need of this type of lodging again.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I can't believe the negative reviews I have read on here. I spent three weeks here and found it to be an EXCEPTIONAL value......at $199 a week plus $10 for high speed wi-fi (which worked perfectly and fast) plus taxes, it comes to about 30 bucks a night. The rooms have a full size fridge, sink, small microwave, and a 2 burner stove in the small kitchen area. I found my room to be very clean, the property is also very clean. You have interior hallways with coded keys that only work for you....the minute you get your keys, all the previous tenants keys are deactivated. I felt very safe here. There is a 24 hr McDonalds across the parking lot and also a Loaf and Jug. There are no amenities in the rooms so you'll have to bring your own pot, dishes, and glasses...a quick fix to a nearby Wal-Mart. The staff is very friendly they are on-site from about 9am to 6pm and closed Sundays. The rooms are small but everything worked as it should.....great air conditioner and heater for those freak Colorado weather changes, and the rooms are very clean. I have become a fan of Value Place, I KNOW you cannot find a better place at this price....don't be fooled at $30 bucks a night in other sections of this town you would find your neighbors to be prostitutes and drug dealers.

Room Tip: 1-3 floors are non smoking 4th floor is smoking
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
That's fantastic that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are very pleased that your stay was so positive. We strive every day to provide the best guest experience we can. We hope that you will continue to think about Value Place should you ever need this type of lodging again.
Panama City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

From the minute we walked in the door, it was a horrible experience. The night clerk was drunk and rude. The first room smelled like an ash tray and the second room smelled of bleach. My mom checked out early to find another hotel. The rooms also have no amenities, expected since it is a low budget hotel, but no coffee maker or soap?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
VPCSP1, General Manager at Value Place Colorado Springs, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for your negative experience. Our goal is to provide our guests with clean and safe lodging at an inexpensive rate. We will be addressing your negative issues and passing on your suggestions for additional amenities to the Value Place franchise offices.