“Obie's Fillin Station” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Obie's Fillin Station”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Been to Obie's twice and had a great experience both times. Even though it's touted as a BBQ place, we were in the mood for burgers the first time there. They were fantastic. Big, tasty, cook to order and they put more bacon on the bacon burgers than any other place I’ve been. They were so good, the second time we went to that part of the state we made sure we passed by there just to get burgers, they were great again! It must have been off season or time of day but we had the place to ourselves. The bar (where we ate) atmosphere is cool, tells you it’s roadhouse looking, biker friendly place. The restaurant dining area has the Route 66 feel to it, very cool. Staff was super nice, cooks even came out and said Hi so we got to tell them what a great job they did. Anytime we make our way south from Colorado Springs we’ll plan our trip to be ready to eat near Obie’s to get one of their burgers. You should too!

• Visited December 2012

Colorado Springs
“Very tasty surprise!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here after a hike in the Wet Mountains. What a tasty surprise! The service wasn't stellar, bit they've got six beers on tap and more options in bottles, and the BBQ and sides are pretty darn good. I especially liked their baked beans and fried pickles.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix US
“Still Craving the Fried Corn on the Cob”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Yes, the BBQ Brisket is melt in your mouth goodness, the service excellent, prices reasonable and they have an adorable gift shop which we totally took advantage of but the Deep Fried Corn on the Cob just kills it! Everyone in our party LOVED it! Cannot wait to visit Colorado again to hit this spot.

• Visited October 2012
Beulah, Colorado, United States
“They Backed out Last Minute!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I apologize to everyone who had their hopes up about the "Radio La Chusma" show in Colorado City, October 7th. The wonderful people from The Sand Trap bar and grille, and Obies have waited til now to back out on the venue! Had we not stopped by to check up on last minute touches, we would not have known that they forgot about our event! I have realized not only the lack of professionalism they
hold, but their rudeness and lack of respect they show the local patrons and myself has reached another level. My team would not have brought a band all the way from El Paso, TX, had I not received an agreement from a venue. This event just so happened to be scheduled in August! Clearly, a hand shake from the Obert family means nothing. You will learn very fast, in a tight community like the greenhorn valley, reputation is everything! This is not the first time they have done this, but it is the last time they do it to me! The show is still going on and will be moved to another venue. We have the support of the musicians, friends, and families that play up and down I-25. I will have a new location by tomorrow and I apologize for any inconvenience that has been made...

• Visited August 2012
hsteacher1
“Best Barbeque in Colorado”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stopped here on 7-13-12 after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. It was on our way after stopping at the Great Sand Dunes. We arrived for dinner and I had the brisket and sausage plate. It was delicious! Melt in your mouth brisket. I loved the sauce choices on the table. My side of fried pickles were so good and the green beans were old fashioned and yummy. My husband had the brisket and chicken. He thought both were excellent as well. The atmosphere was friendly and fun. The prices were spot on for the food. The decor was great. Our service was excellent and our dinner came in no time. I have driven this highway 20+ times in my life and had never stopped here. From now on, I will always stop here and recommend it to my friends and family.

• Visited July 2012