59-0, and still Champion!
This is the first review I have written for Trip Advisor, and VVR compelled me to start being a contributor to this helpful website. I found VVR after trying to find a good alternative to the theme park vacation, but these reviews almost had me worried.
Look, no resort deserves 59 perfect ratings. After all, someone out there must not have enjoyed themselves-- especially on a ranch vacation, which can't be for everyone. And the perfect score creates unrealistic expectations, and when I was researching this property, it actually made me pause.
That said, I am not going to be the one to break the streak. I believe no one else has given 3 or 4 stars because the people who work at the ranch are so incredibly nice and accommodating about everything. Honestly, I am not a person who cares if the hotel staff knows my name when I check in, and I was not swayed by that angle that people touted in reviews. But the people and their attention to detail and service really do make this a special place to vacation.
Yes, there were times when I wish we were together more as a family (as the kids were off with new friends), or when it felt like we could squeeze in a 3rd activity for the day. But really, the more I reflected on this vacation, the more I realized that it really was perfect.
Yes, the kids may have been off with new friends, but that was the perfect opportunity to spend a few quiet moments with my wife. And that down time? By the end of the week, my body appreciated it more than I realized.
Rooms were great-- when we arrived, my son said, "Wow, we are staying in a house!". My kids and wife (she is not a typical "ranch person") are dying to go back, and we will return. Kids like this place better than Disneyworld.
So put the skepticism aside and plan your trip. You will be glad you did.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Verde Guest Ranch Hotel Clark
- Vista Verde Guest Ranch Hotel
- Vista Verde Guest Ranch Clark, Colorado
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vista Verde offers a diverse selection of activities making it more than just a riding ranch. Summer: hiking, rock-climbing, mountain biking and fly-fishing, trail riding and lessons. Winter: skiing, snowshoeing, sleigh rides and snowy horseback rides. Secluded cabins feature private hot tubs and wood stoves, with gourmet dining, wine tasting and cooking classes adding to the experience. Creative childrens' program makes it enjoyable for everyone, with special times set aside for adult only escapes ... more less