I just got back from a lovely first class ranch vacation. The ranch has very well trained horses. The staff is fantastic. My friend and I were a little nervous with our horses, so one wrangler spent extra time in the arena with us getting us used to our mounts. That was followed up with trail riding. Every day they wanted to know what we wanted to do, then they made it happen. They offer a wide variety of activities beyond herding cows/riding horses, which include rock climbing, mountain biking, fly fishing, hiking, hot air ballooning, horsemanship classes, etc. We stayed in the cabin named Little Agnes, which was lovely. The cabin had 2 bedrooms (and an extra bed upstairs) and 2 bathrooms. The housekeepers were like elfs, we never saw them, and they had the beds made up before we got back from breakfast and did turn down service. The refrigerator was stocked with water, pop, wine, and beer. They had a coffe maker and hot pot for tea or hot chocolate. The service was better than staying at a Four Seasons. The entire ranch was spotless. The food was top notch (I'm still missing the breakfast bacon!) Highlights include every trail ride, every cattle drive, every meal, the leaves being a beautiful yellow, steak dinner on the side of the mountain, and meeting some wonderful new friends. Only negative was, this was the only ranch I've visited where they cantered while herding cows - a lot. It intimidated me eventhough I'm a pretty good rider. (That was my problem, not the ranches!) I'll definitely return, and will hopefully get my non-rider husband to go with me. (September was a fabulous time to visit, the trees were beautiful!) The main ranch house is stunning.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Verde Guest Ranch Hotel Clark
- Vista Verde Guest Ranch Hotel
- Vista Verde Guest Ranch Clark, Colorado
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vista Verde offers a diverse selection of activities making it more than just a riding ranch. Summer: hiking, rock-climbing, mountain biking and fly-fishing, trail riding and lessons. Winter: skiing, snowshoeing, sleigh rides and snowy horseback rides. Secluded cabins feature private hot tubs and wood stoves, with gourmet dining, wine tasting and cooking classes adding to the experience. Creative childrens' program makes it enjoyable for everyone, with special times set aside for adult only escapes ... more less