“Fabulous winter vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Verde Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clark
Vista Verde Guest Ranch
You added Vista Verde Guest Ranch to your Saves list
58000 Cowboy Way, Clark, CO 80428   |
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Fabulous winter vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our trip to Vista Verde Ranch (VVR) was one of our most memorable in so many ways - unique, fun activities to choose from each day, an amazing group of fellow travelers who enlightened us each day with their insights, their fun outlook on life & their desire to simply enjoy and cherish the moment, and undoubtedly, some of the best food & wine you could ask for. Attention to detail was astounding & the ability of each staff member to know your name at every encounter was remarkable. Honestly, our most challenging decisions each day were to decide on our meal choices & select our activities for the next day. From horseback riding lessons, sleigh rides with yummy hot chocolate, trail rides thru the snow, snow mobiling, dog sledding, photography, and cooking classes with the ranch's chefs - our days were more than filled with fun & brilliant adventures.

Our trip came at a time of year, when my husband and I had no time to "prepare" for the trip - right after the holidays (which we'd both worked) and no vacation in over 6 months - it was a much-needed break and that it was. We often talk about our time at VVR with great fondness and tell our friends and family that we must find the chance to all travel there together - a testament to the fantastic experience we had.

We look forward to our return to VVR - both in the winter & the summer months - for another wonderful holiday memory.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

As each of my three grandchildren turned six, hr or she joined Grammy (that's me) for a week at the dude ranch. We just spent our 7th summer vacation week at Vista Verde. When we got off the plane this year, my older grandson said, "Grammy we are home." The last day my younger grandson said, "Can we come back the same week next year?" These three city kids have become accomplished riders, and enjoy the hikes and mountain biking and all the amazing activities at VVR. The staff, accomodations, food, and activities are "over the top" wonderful. The guests have always been an amazing and diverse group - single, couples, parents with children. It is a spectacular experience for everyone. I am retired now and travel the world. There is no place more magical than Vista Verde.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I cannot think of one thing that would make this place better. Between amazing staff, beautiful location, great activities, it does not get a whole lot better! Highly recommend. Especially enjoyed barn dance, trail rides, biking.

• Stayed August 2012
Roseville, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week vacation at Vista Verde. I have to admit we really had our reservations based on the price and not knowing that much about the ranch. So we signed up a week before our vacation and just winged it. I have to say, we've been on a lot of vacations, but our experience at Vista Verde was By Far the most amazing experience we've ever had. Yea the food was amazing and the accommodations were superior, but I would have to say, the most magical aspect of this ranch is the people. You honestly feel like a big family and they make you feel like you are part of a truly unique experience. Each day you have the option to participate in whatever activity is offered and they listen and cater to what You Want. The ranch staff put 145% of their hearts into this place. At the end of the vacation, the dollar amount was a totally mute point. You could never put a dollar sign on the kind of experience you will receive at the end of your stay. We will be making this a yearly experience;)

Room Tip: The cabins are amazing!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

It was my Husband's turn to plan a trip and he wanted to go to Colorado in January. I was more inclined to a tropical vacation to escape the not-so-mild Wisconsin winter weather, but he insisted on a Rocky Mountain vacation and sold me on Vista Verde. It turned out to be my favorite vacation I have ever been on! The food was excellent and the family atmosphere was so comforting! Zack and Becca took us on an all day back country ski and we camped out for lunch. I must say...that was one of my all time favorite activities I have ever done!! In addition to that, we went snow tubing, horseback riding, took a cooking class and drank plenty of beer and wine! We plan to go back as often as possible! If you are thinking of doing any sort of vacation, I would highly recommend Vista Verde...you will NOT be disappointed!

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Prairie Village, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Wow. What a great place. My wife, daughters (ages 13 and 6), and I had the privilege of staying at the first-class guest ranch over Spring Break. The facilities are wonderful. The main lodge looks like something out of Disney World, and our cabin was luxurious, well-appointed, and well-maintained. Each meal was better than the last, and the activities were fabulous. My family tried it all: trail rides, riding lessons, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing (which I loved), snowmobiling (which I loved), and dogsledding (which we all loved). Most impressive, however, was the staff. From the G.M. down to the housekeepers and wait-staff, each person there was simply as nice and filled with hospitality as could be. Seriously, where do they find these wonderful, kind, friendly, sincere people? And, I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout-out to Steve and Kellie, a married couple who run the Nordic program who have a wonderful spirit in them and a contagious enthusiasm for the outdoors. Although this trip is expensive from an out-of-pocket perspective, this week with my family was one of the best values we ever experienced. I can't wait to come back for a summer session!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Waynesville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Thank you to the entire team at Vista Verde Ranch for making us feel so well looked after, and so pampered by your very special brand of generous and personal hospitality. All meals, activities and staff interactions were exceptional from the Ski Shop to the Dining Room to the Equestrian Program to Reception and Departure. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Consider the separate cabins vs. the rooms in the Lodge!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vista Verde Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!