“Best ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cedaredge
Pueblo, Colorado
“Best ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The day before Thanksgiving my wife and I traveled to the area to visit her son who was enrolled in the Job Corps nearby. We wanted to take him out for a nice Thanksgiving dinner the following day. When I mentioned this to Gary (one of the owners), he immediately told us that we would be his and Donna's special guests for a one of a kind Thanksgiving dinner. The following day (Thanksgiving), these kind people treated us like true royalty in the midst of their busy schedule - they were also providing delivered meals to the elderly and home-bound in the area. The food was to die for! I have rarely met people and within the first five minutes felt like I have known them for years, but I sure did here. Their lodge is one of the coziest, friendliest, and most clean we have ever stayed at. We will not only stay here again, we will plan our next trip just to stay here. I will highly recommend this lodge to anyone. If I could give it 10 stars that still wouldn't be enough! - Larry E.

Room Tip: Walk in or call and say "Hi. Got any rooms?" They're all good. I saw nothing but smile...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Loma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Cedaredge Lodge in October during the towns Applefest. What an amazing experience. Donna and Gary are the best host and hostess you will ever meet! If you go be sure to have them cook a dinner for you. What an amazing experience to be able to sit creek side and enjoy wine and a dinner cooked by them. They used many of their vegetables from Donna's quaint vegetable garden in our meal. Oh, and the cheese they serve with their wine is amazing as is Gary's own recipe for rub that he put on our meat! We enjoyed dessert and an after dinner drink by the fire and enjoyed so much visiting with the owners (Donna and Gary). We look forward to going back some day soon.!
Cecilia and Vern
PS Thinking about you two as you are getting ready to serve Thanksgiving Dinner to the people in your town who may otherwise be eating by themselves or not enjoying a Thanksgiving Dinner at all.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Golden CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had done Trip Advisor research prior to making a reservation here. The property is hard to describe as there is so much to see; Donna's vegetable garden, (abbreviated) mini-golf, bocci ball, game room, hot tub, and most of all a great shared kitchen. We were able to grill dinner both nights we were there and share some wine with our hosts. Donna will explain the somewhat odd liquor licensing. Had a fun time and will definitely return if in that area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place is so awesome, you could not be disappointed! Donna and Gary are so nice and do such an amazing job making you feel welcome and at home! We went for their couples getaway-When we arrived we got a nice tour of the place and wine and cheese in the room waiting for us. I got a massage from Donna that was amazing and they made us a fabulous dinner as well! The place itself is awesome but the the two people running it make it that much better! I recommend anyone looking for a little getaway to get here as fast as you can! We will for sure be going back!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Thank you Gary and Donna for your hospitality and sharing your very special place. Thankfully, due to a last minute cancellation, we had the pleasure of staying at the Cedaredge Lodge for the first time. Absolutely loved the rustic, cozy atmosphere! It was worth a little chilled air to leave the window cracked so we could listen to the creek at night. Enjoyed the fire pit and there's nothing better than enjoying a glass of wine sitting around the fire! The only thing I wish is that we had more time to stay and play! Thanks again and we'll definitely be back!!

Tim and Sandy Dudley

Room Tip: Room #4 is perfect!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
OKC, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My review is better late than never... :-)

I stayed at the Cedaredge Lodge in May of 2012, I had come to town for my best friend's wedding. My husband and I stayed in the suite above the living quarters.

I won't go into long detail - the previous reviewers have painted the picture much better than I can. I will say that for the first couple of days I seemed to be the only guest and enjoyed the beautiful outdoor areas that Donna and Gary have created. I enjoyed an evening glass of wine in the garden, dangling my toes in the water, and on a swing. It was an escape that I especially needed that weekend - and one that was even more appreciated as we heard the story behind the lodge.

It is a place that can offer both a quiet retreat - or a great place for a group gathering. The work that they have done is absolutely amazing. The only thing missing is a resident dog/cat :)

Gary - I hope you're up for commissioning a piece of woodwork for our new place. We expect you all to deliver it when you travel through town and stay over for a Thunder game. The Finals should be on the schedule for next year!

Kim and Kevin
Edmond, OK

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Idaho Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Donna and Gary have done an awesome job. We found this lodge to be very comfortable and relaxing and we were really sad to leave. They have a community area where fellow guests can congregate if they choose. An outdoor kitchen that can be used by all, horseshoe pit, Bache ball, a game room with foosball, pool table etc., a relaxing gurgling creek that runs behind the building, and Donna has a very nice massage room for those that want a massage. Donna also has a beautiful garden and they can provide a fabulous meal to the guests that gives a 24hour advance notice. We enjoyed ourselves and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cedaredge Lodge? Share your experiences!