“Modest, but clean & comfortable!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Castle Rock
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Modest, but clean & comfortable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Showed up without a reservation, but staff really willing to help. Andrew, shift manager, accepted online quote for seniors and we stayed 3 nights. Nice breakfast, indoor pool & hot tub, computer available and wi-fi. Conveniently located off of I25 with numerous restaurants nearby. Beds, pillows and room were comfy. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: I always take top floor so no one is above to make noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bloomington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed here based on location. Hotel was clean, beds were comfortable. The location was great, halfway between Denver & Colorado Springs. Loved that the rooms have a fridge & microwave. One downside was the internet connection was somewhat slow & every time you weren't using it for a short period of time, you had to reconnect. And the breakfast could have had a few more selections. It was barely a step up from a continental breakfast. It wasn't bad, but Not a whole lot of selection so we went out for breakfast every morning after our first.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
La Junta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I originally booked a suite with La Quinta on-line (having a pull out couch). When I checked in for our 1st week stay, they gave me a 2-queen bedroom. When I went down to the check-in desk to request the correct room, the clerk stated that his computer was not connecting to the server in Texax, I believe. He gave me an explaination that the server runs on Windows 95 and runs slow and that when he could he would look up the availability of the correct room for me, with the fold out couch and a little more room. I didn't hear from him again that evening, so I went down in the morning and spoke with another clerk and explained what had happened and she said, "I'm sorry, I rented the only room we have this morning to another family!" I am there with my two teenage boys and my 6-year-old daughter for 3 weeks because our house doesn't close in Castle Rock until the 29th of August but school started for my children on August 11th.....forcing us to find a hotel due to no luck finding a place that we could rent for a month. I had to cancel my next two week reservation because the La Quinta could not accommodate our needs for the next two weeks. The food was not so great and I am not a picky eater..... It was a rough week’s stay for us. Have a good day.

Rochester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The facility was very good but the staff made the stay world class. There was a genuine concern for our entire group. They worked with us from the time we arrived until our departure in an effort to make sure our stay in the area was enjoyable. We will definitely stay here again when we visit the Denver area.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

recently stayed outside of Denver with family. Hotel is convienently located off the interstate.
Very well maintained property and the front desk was very helpful --- especially when getting directions to local points of interest. It may very well be one of the nicest LaQuinta Inns I have ever stayed at .

Wichita
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My first time staying at this hotel, it was chosen based on price and proximity to Douglas County Fairgrounds. Room itself was adequate for the price point. Beds are platform beds--no foundation and very low, which was ok for us but may be an issue for some. The first evening, the shower made a horrendous squealing noise the entire time it was on. The next morning we heard the same noise coming from another room near us but it didn't happen in our room. When we left, we saw what appeared to be maintenance men in the room next door--I hope they were working on the problem!

The biggest issue for me was that the internet service was terrible. I spent up to 30 minutes trying to connect--and one time I had to just give up. As my vacations are usually working vacations, this was a pretty significant issue for me. Clearly the internet and TV run off the same system, as the channel guide didn't work and the channels were very slow to load, and some did not load at all (and not premium channels, I'm talking HGTV, A&E, etc.).

However, the front desk staff was very friendly and a bright spot in what was otherwise a below average stay.

Durango, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed at the hotel spur of the moment and had to bring our pet. I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel was so well kept. The small pet area was clean and maintained. The room was clean. We would stay at this hotel again if we are in the area.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Castle Rock? Share your experiences!