“Rude Owner & Mediocre Tacos” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #98 of 132 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Cuisines: Mexican
Larkspur, Colorado
“Rude Owner & Mediocre Tacos”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We tried this a couple of times because we are from Texas originally and like authentic Mexican food. The tacos are just mediocre and the owner acts like it's an inconvenience to take your order if you appear to be non-Hispanic. He chats and laughs and gives good service to Hispanic patrons, but not to Gringos. What's funny about that is my husband is half Cuban. His Grandmother came over on a boat and he is only 2nd generation American. We lived on the Texas-Mexico border for a couple of years and know some Spanish. My husband never spoke it growing up because back then immigrants learned English because they wanted to assimilate. But I digress. He's rude and the tacos are just mediocre. After trying 2 times and being rudely greeted both times, we won't be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Denver, Colorado
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

First of all it took one hour for our party of three to receive our meals. We were the first in the restaurant for lunch . We received our meals at the same time as the second customers that walked in the door.our toddler had bean and cheese nachos ( they were overdone) I had a smothered bean burrito and my husband had a combination plate. His combination plate was all wrong. He was supposed to have a bean burrito and instead got a beef burrito. Mine and my sons food was cold and my husbands was hot. When we told the waiter about the issue he ignored us. We ended up paying 35.00 for this meal . No one apologized and no discount was offered. We have never been treated so badly.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
south yorkshire
“The best Mexican EVER!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have visited Colorado on 2 different 3 month trips now from the UK now. Each time I visit I crave for this place. I ADORE it. I love the burritos and highly recommend the Mexican coke. The service is very friendly and prompt! The cafe style area is exceptionally clean! I, for one will be a regular customer at El Meson. :)

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Parker, Colorado
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

We'd eaten at EL Meson for a breakfast burrito in the past and it was alright. Today we ended up there because Santiago's (our first choice) and El Parral were closed. The girl taking orders acted like we were such an inconvenience. My husband ordered me a water (after ordering 3 burritos and 2 pops) and it came with no ice and the water was warm! The pop was flat - all syrup and no fizz. The beans tasted like they were canned. The green chile didn't deserve to be called green chile - it was the worst I've ever had. We were so disgusted with it I decided I had to rate it on tripadvisor. My review title "Don't bother" means you shouldn't waste your time or money here..Taco Bell would have been better.

Castle Rock
“Overpriced and average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

This place has decent Mexican food but is completely overpriced for the taste and amount of food you get. El Parral is a much better choice or for a better place make the 15 minute drive to Littleton and go to Los Dos Potrillos.