“Would HIGHLY Recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adobe Inn at Cascade

Save Saved
You added Adobe Inn at Cascade to your Saves list
Adobe Inn at Cascade
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   4675 Hagerman Avenue, Cascade, CO 80809 (Formerly Inn at Cascade)   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Cascade B&B and Inns
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Would HIGHLY Recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful getaway at The Inn at Cascade which is a beautiful adoble inn located in the mountains near Pikes Peak, lots of pine trees and gorgeous mountain views. Since we lead busy lives with work, family, etc. we tend to stay at bed and breakfasts to escape the hectic pace of everyday life, consequently we've stayed at many B&B's in our travels over the years and rate The Inn at Cascade as one of the best. The innkeepers Sheri and Tom are gracious hosts, warm and inviting and seem to have mastered the art of being friendly and conversational without being overbearing or intrusive. The inn is decorated with southwestern style art and furniture and you can tell that much attention has been paid to the details. We stayed in the Moonlight Suite and just loved the peaceful serenity and privacy this room offers...it has a private deck that looks out at some incredible views. The breakfasts were a highlight of our stay and something we looked forward to each morning. Sheri is a fantastic cook and every breakfast was a delight, some of the best we've ever had anywhere! We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone looking for a peaceful getaway and will absolutely be back in the future! Thanks again Sheri and Tom for an incredible stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

This was our first time at a B&B and I have to say it was a pleasant experience. However I do have some issues with just small picky things since for the price of the rooms you would think small details would be taken care of. First the house is beautiful. It's an Adobe style and was decorated in that style and very nicely done. When we arrived we were greeted by Sheri and shown to her room. The room was very nice and cozy and everything was nice and clean. We were also shown the common room as two of the three rooms share a common area and the third has a private sitting room. Now the first thing that we noticed and ran into was that in the area there was only one three person couch and one chair. This means that if two couples want to sit in the room and get to know one another someone will end up sitting on the couch with the one couple. Now that is great if you know everyone but is uncomfortable if you have just met. I would suggest at least one more chair in the common area. Also in the common area are lots of snacks and gum and a pot to make hot water and a variety of teas. It was nice sitting in there but one of those small things bit me when I tried to add sugar to my tea and there was nothing to stir it with. Sheri said that there should have been a spoon out there but it might have migrated to a room. Well that is great for who has the spoon but I would suggest some plastic stirrers in a cup or something like that to ensure that stirring ability is always present. They had a great pick of games in the common room to fill some time and there are books and magazines everywhere. One thing that miffed me a little was at 9:30 the wife and I were playing some Yahtzee in the common room that we were told was open till 10 p.m. Sheri came through and told us that we were welcome to take the game to our room and that other people might be trying to sleep. I felt a little taken back at this conversation and felt that we were trying to be rushed out of the house to our rooms when it wasn't even close to 10 p.m. yet. Being who I am though I asked again if the room was open until 10 and was told yes so me and the wife stayed and finished our game. The bed we slept in was very very comfortable but if you don't like a really soft bed then be ready for that. In the morning I don't know what it was about the water pressure but the shower was very very weak and trying to find a comfortable temp was about impossible. On to the breakfast. Now I have to say that Sherri and Tom really know how to put out a spread. We had an Egg Quiche was delicious and the side potatoes where very good and well seasoned.. The plate was beautiful and everything was tasty and satisfying. All in all I have to say that It was a pleasant experience and I can't to wait to try other B&B's to see what else is out there. I see the next question in this review is would I recommend this hotel to a friend and I will say "MAYBE" I would describe our experience and let them decide for themselves.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

We stayed here a week in the Ponderosa Room. The Inn is beautifully decorated with a southwest flair. The building itself has been meticulously maintained and updated. Everywhere you look there are things to fill the soul and delight the eyes. The food was 5 star resort caliber. And Sherry and Tom are just the best hosts you could ask for: knowledgeable, friendly, and fun to be with. Sincere thanks to them for a perfect week. We would definitely recommend this Inn and will go back there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

Each time we come home to Oklahoma, we can hardly wait to go back to The Inn at Cascade. Our visits to the area, and the pampering we get from the innkeepers Tom and Sheri, make each stay so wonderfully pleasant! The furnishings and American Indian decor are very warm and inviting.

Beside the lovely accomodations, Sheri is a fabulous cook! She has some recipes that are uniquely Southwestern, and uses beautiful linens and dishes to accent the food. I think our favorite time of the day is after dinner, when we come back to the Inn after messin' around in the mountains. I swear I think Sheri hears us drive in because there is always some warm decadent dessert wating for us on a tea trolly in the living room. Tea, sweets and a good book are just what we need to end each lovely day.

We are so lucky to have found The Inn at Cascade, and were one of their first travelers. We have just booked our eleventh stay, and look forward to another great experience!

• Liked — The ambiance and the freindly Innkeepers.
  • Disliked — That I cannot stay there all year!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2008

The Inn at Cascade was our first bed & breakfast experience and will certainly not be our last. Everything about this place was great. The Innkeepers, Sheri and Tom, were wonderful hosts, the gourmet breakfast was absolutely delicious, and the views were spectacular. This inn must be experienced to be appreciated.

---Alfredo & Damaris, Easton, PA

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

My partner and I came across the listing for the Inn at Cascade after searching for a B&B for a long weekend getaway. We live in Denver, and were eager for a short escape from the bustle of the metro area. We now consider this place one of our favorite escapes.
The first thing you might notice as you pull into the driveway is the delicious silence. True, the Inn is not completely secluded, but just those few turns off the main road as well as the tall pine trees surrounding the main house add to the calm and privacy of this place.
The Moonlight Suite is just beautiful. You can tell there is obviously a great deal of attention to detail, but it is light on the knick-knacks. We enjoyed an evening walking around Manitou Springs, had a lovely meal in town and were happy to return to such a cozy room. Take a dip in the 2-person hot tub. While you're at it, lean your head back and take in the star-filled mountain sky.
The hosts at the Inn are two wonderful people. They welcomed us, gave us a number of helpful suggestions and we enjoyed our conversations with them...but at no point were they intrusive.
And the food! Delicious with a definite southwestern flavor.
What you won't find here is wireless (I don't think?) or any of the heavy tech stuff that may be necessary for business travel.
This is however, the perfect place to relax, regroup, explore Pike's Peak or escape from the stress of life...if only for a long weekend.
We can't wait until our next visit!

• Liked — Comfort, welcoming hosts, delicious breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Augusta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

My wife and I took a chance and decided to visit the Inn at Cascade based solely on their website, but, nice as it is, I don't think it does the place justice. The inn itself is a great place to stay. It's situated in a wooded area, looking out at the mountains, with Pike's Peak and Manitou Springs just minutes away. We chose the smallest (we're frugal) room, but it turned out to be much larger than we anticipated. The room (the whole house for that matter) was tastefully and appropriately decorated in a southwestern decor. Our hosts were by far the friendliest, most helpful people we have encountered in our travels. They went out of their way to accomodate my dietary restrictions (no eggs) . . . which brings me to the food. I normally skip breakfast (the egg thing), but the three breakfasts we had there were some of the best meals I have ever eaten. The website's promise of a hearty, gourmet breakfast is not a put-on; it is an understatement. Every meal was varied, delicious, and beautifully presented. If we are ever back in the area, we will definitely stay there again. Highly recommended!

• Liked — Comfort and Convenience with Character
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Adobe Inn at Cascade? Share your experiences!