“Absolutely the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Cascade B&B and Inns
Guilford
“Absolutely the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

My husband & I stayed at the Rocky Mountain Lodge for one of the best getaways we've ever had. Our innkeepers were warm & accomodating. They were always available to make reservations, offer advice, give directions. We booked the Wild West package, which came with an activity booked for each day of the 5 days we were there. The day we arrived, we received a schedule of our stay, with applicable tickets attached.
The Lodge was beautiful, extremely neat & immaculate. And the three course breakfasts were just awesome! We can't wait to return with our friends or family.

• Liked — the great breakfasts
  • Disliked — can't think of anything wrong
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2007

I have to admit, when we decided to stay at a bed and breakfast I was a little apprehensive. Neither of us had ever stayed in one and I learned from many of my friends and others opinions, that a great B&B experience was hard to come by. Chris and I booked the stay anyway (mostly because it was a package with nearly all the activities in the Colorado Springs area planned; we are horrible decision makers).
The Lodge is beautiful and screams, "you are now in Colorado". So it was perfect! Brian and Debbie immediately make you feel at home and the food, a 3-course breakfast! Enough said. I get laughed at when I'm sharing my photo album because I took pictures of the breakfasts, but I knew I wouldn't be able to describe them without pictures.
It was a perfect vacation to Colorado and wouldn't have been the same without Brian and Debbie and their wonderful Lodge. I know we'll be back!

• Liked — the scenery, the Lodge, the food, everything
  • Disliked — the end of our vacation
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2007

Rocky Mountain Lodge exceeded our expectations at so many levels. We were greeted early and felt welcomed right away. Our innkeepers made sure that we were comfortable at all times, and served the most amazing meals! The accomodations left nothing to be desired . . . including a whirlpool tub, an extra large shower and double sided fireplace. There was ample an amount of refreshments available at all times. Debbie and Brian made us feel so at home, such a great feeling from perfect strangers! Being so close to Pikes Peak, the Garden of the Gods, Seven Falls, Cave of the Winds and many other tourist attractions, made it easy travel. Brian & Debbie were so helpful when we were deciding where to visit. They gave us travel and weather watch advice, which was awesome since we are not local folk. The lodge is so close yet so secluded, perfect to celebrate our occasion. I don't know what else to say, other than, it is definetly a "MUST DO IT YOURSELF" experience. It could have been better if we had designed it ourself! If you haven't visited the lodge, you are really missing out on a great thing!

• Liked — Friendliness, Location, Accomodations
  • Disliked — We didn't get to stay longer!
Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2007

This Bed and Breakfast is positively charming. It was so perfect for what I needed for my getaway. Like a great lodge, all western and rustic looking, but completely accomidating and comfortable as any nice hotel.

I almost could not say enough about the warmth and hospitality of the owners, Brian and Debbie. I was treated like an old friend from the moment I arrived. I truly felt all of my needs were accomidated, as if they had known me for years.

The food...ahhh...the breakfasts...that Debbie made every morning were like something from a TV cooking show....brown sugar toasted grapefruit, freshly made muffins, and a gormet feast everyday at 9am. I may still be walking off the pounds...but it was worth it to eat such good food.

I would highly recommend this place, and I plan to stay there again. I felt it was lucky that we found this gem.

Stayed November 2007
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2007

Debbie and Brian, our hosts at Rocky Mountain Lodge and Cabins, provided a welcoming environment complete with beautiful mountain decor and loads of hospitality. The accommodations were cozy and inviting. The gourmet, three-course breakfast was a treat...most delicious! Debbie and Brian informed us of many fun ideas to complete our day in the mountains. Our first anniversary would not have been the same without the magic of the Rocky Mountain Lodge and Cabins and its hosts.

• Liked — decor, breakfast, innkeepers
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2007

We stayed there to celebrate my 50th birthday. We love the place, the hospitality and the food. The hosts are kind and gracious. This was a return visit for us and we plan to come back on a regular basis.
Terry & Sue Gardner

• Liked — The lodge fireplace and the hot tub.
  • Disliked — ?
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rocky Mountain Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!