“Hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Snowmass Village, Colorado
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I was passing through Carbondale and bonfire caught my eye. Great coffee with a charming atmosphere complete with breakfast and lunch options. I'll defiantly be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Medford, Oregon
“great coffee, light food, and pleasant service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Bonfire is in Carbondale's quaint downtown core. My first latte experience there was delightful, but upon my return, the same type latte had more of a bitter taste. Their new brewed coffee blend from Uganda is a delight. I also tried their omelette which was quite good and only $5.75, though it's ala carte. Nice pastries too. Relaxing, funky place to rest, visit with friends, or ruminate. There are a couple outdoor tables in case you have a dog in tow.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great option for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had breakfast twice in this great cafe in lovely Carbondale. The lattes did not disappoint and the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming

Visited September 2012
chico
“Good coffee and nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Coffee is very good and bagels and pastries are tasty. Herbed eggs are not so good, so don't order omelette or bagel sandwich. I would just stick to items in the case.

Visited September 2012
Charlie C, Owner at Bonfire Coffee, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your comment on our eggs. We have adjusted our recipe in response to your feedback. We think they are much better now.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Cozy and great coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I love this place and really wish I could spent more time there. My husband and I drove through Carbondale and loved the little antique stores and cafe's. We especially loved Bonfire Coffee. I think it may have been the best Caramel Machiatto I've ever had and my hubby had a peach smoothie and he would hardly let me have a sip it was so good!

The building is in a historic site as well, I would love to see more info about the building around the place. But it is a sweet little spot of local history.

If you are in the area...go here!!

• Visited June 2012