“Service cannot beaten!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: F-7 streamlined locomotives follow a route along the "Grand Canyon of the Arkansas River" and feature Twilight and Dinner trains.
“Service cannot beaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I were enjoying a small honeymoon and decided to take the gourmet lunch train. I cannot express how wonderful our host/hostess were. Pete and Dani were taking care of us and there wasn't anything that stood in their way of an outstanding performance. Both were filled with knowledge and took great joy in helping celebrate our recent vows. The food was one of the very best meals I had ever experienced and had incredible wine to accompany your dish.
The views down through the Royal Gorge were breath taking. This was one of the best experiences I've had and I have traveled the world over.
The service was unmatched, the food leaves no room for complaint and the views could never be matched.
I suggest requesting this team to serve your perfect experience on this great and historical ride through the Gorge.
Thanks to the whole staff for making this a memory we won't soon forget.

Rockport, Texas
“Unparalleled scenic beauty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I made the snap decision to take this scenic train ride after seeing it featured on a Colorado sights TV show. The Royal Gorge Canyon was beautiful, and we also saw several teams of river rafters way down below us, as well fly fishermen. It just showed how many ways there are to enjoy the canyon! The people working on the train were pleasant and eager to answer our questions. All in all it was a wonderful experience at a very reasonable price.

Birmingham, Alabama
10 attraction reviews
“Old school travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Want to spend a few hours traveling by train? The Royal Gorge Route Railroad takes you back to a simpler time as you amble through the gorge imbibing on your favorite drinks and a tasty lunch served by hostesses that want to meet your needs. We really enjoyed the ride in the glass ceiling car but found ourselves moving down and standing in the open air car. So much fun!

Great Falls, Montana
5 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Royal Gorge train ride was a great way to see the bridge, considering the bridge is closed until May 2014. The train ride begins in Canon City and travels north along the Arkansas River. It provided great views of the gorge and bridge.

When making reservations, I suggest calling or visiting the train station to confirm/verify that your reservations are on the river side of the train. If you are not on the river side of the train, you will have a great view of a rock wall throughout the trip. For 2-hr ride, I suggest paying for the coach cabin and hanging out in the open air car where you will spend the majority of the time gazing at the topography. On the return trip, the train stops near the royal gorge bridge for photo opportunities. The only time we were seated was in the beginning and the end of the train ride when we were within city limits. The majority of the time my family and I were out at the open air car.

LITTLETON
15 attraction reviews
“Great relaxing trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Who doesn't love a train ride? The service, view and accommodations were outstanding. The crew was knowledgeable and eager to share the history that abounds. I found our guides perspective on the fire this last June to be uplifting other than saddening as we'd experienced in the past. Come out and enjoy an era gone by, a fun trip is guaranteed to be had by all.