“Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Minneapolis
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

My family and I went to Whitewater Bar & Grill as part of a rafting trip with Royal Gorge Rafting Company. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere is very open and relaxing. Great place to chilax!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Jimmy Buffet-esque in Colorado, great spot for variety of activities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

After a half-day rafting trip from Echo Canyon Rafting, my friends and I walked next door to Whitewater Bar and Grill. The smell of cooking brisket had us salivating before we got to the door!
We stepped out onto the patio and we were instantly relaxed. It was like a little beach in Southern Colorado. We sat at a patio table and had some beers while a couple of people in our group played horseshoes. We all joined in shouting out song requests to the musician playing. It was such a relaxing, beach-like atmosphere that we were expecting Jimmy Buffet at any minute (okay...maybe not).
The food was in large portions, reasonably priced, and delicious. The waitress stopped by often and made sure our glasses were filled at all times. We were so relaxed that we didn't want to leave!
Next to the restaurant, there were 2 rafting companies and a heli-tour. There are rafting options through Royal Gorge Rafting that includes a meal at the restaurant, but we did not try that.
Located just off the highway, this is also a good stop if heading west out of Canon City.

Seattle, Washington
“Perfect spot for a Southern Colorado summer day (or night)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Love This Place! Stopped by the Whitewater Bar & Grill last week and everything was excellent. Service was fast and friendly and they had great beers on tap. I also had a drink (don't remember the name) that was a beer with a frozen margarita over the top. I love microbrews but the frozen marg made that Bud (or was is PBR?) taste great! For dinner I had smoked brisket that was served over a baked potato with sour cream and some other things. It was spectacular. People think BBQ is easy which is why so many people screw it up. But this was top quality. Sat outside, played some beach volleyball, just enjoyed the night. Don't stop in Canon. Drive up the hill to the Whitewater. Well worth the trip.

Gig Harbor, Washington
“Hands down best in Canon City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

After an amazing trip down the Royal Gorge with Royal Gorge Rafting I enjoyed the fun atmosphere and excellent food and drinks at the Whitewater B&G. Having visited many of the regions restaurants I can tell you that this place stands alone. Unlike many bar and grills, the Whitewater seems to be all about quality... both with their food and service. The smoked brisket rivals any bar-b-que I've ever tasted and their fried fare (try the pickles and green beans) were never greasy and melt in your mouth good! If you're a discriminating drinker (which I am) then you won't find a better margarita anywhere. They wouldn't reveal their homemade recipe, but make no mistake it does the trick on a hot summer day. It would be worth a stop just for the margs alone!
The hidden secret that trumps all other local restaurants is the place itself and the people. Owners Ty and Anna Seufer greet you with a smile and treat you as if you are friends coming over for dinner. For me, the incredible outdoor patio is what puts this place over the top. I could choose from sitting in the bright sun, to a shady gazebo, to playing volleyball in the sand court or sitting by the fire pit at night. I decided to stay so long... I did all of them! It was such a fun experience it left me wondering why there aren't more places like this? Fantastic food with quick service in a spectacular setting with great people. Don't miss this one... you'll leave with a smile on your face. :)

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“A classic rustic delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

Don't slip thru Canon City without visiting this HOTSPOT. We had one of the finest steaks in years, and watched the fun loving crowd, with a cold Fat Tire in hand. At our level of maturity we are not remotely interested in the sport of rafting, but a bit of bubbly, and good eats will bring us back.