“Picture Perfect Blue Waterfall and Lagoon!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Bodies of Water, Outdoors
Bath, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Picture Perfect Blue Waterfall and Lagoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Although a bit of a bumpy drive to get there, it was well worth it! Approximately a 7k hike to see all aspects of the area including the waterfall, lake, hot springs, and chemical reaction point (although you can just do 2k to see the waterfall if preferred). We did this without a tour guide and it was fine to do so. The trails are pretty straightforward and you can do it at your leisure. Beautiful scenery!

Visited October 2013

San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
“Beautiful and fun hike!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The more time here the better! My bf and I arrived around 11 and left about 4, not enough time. It is absolutely beautiful! They only had Spanish speaking guides, but we did ok without one. I think we would have been able to see more animals and find the second entrance to the waterfall which would have been better for photos. But we found a little natural hot spring before the ones that are signed, which was really nice because we had that spot to ourselves, very romantic. I highly recommend this spot!!!

Visited October 2013
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Beautiful waterfall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We drove with our rentalcar to Rio Celeste. The drive was easy at start but the last say 10 miles were terrible because of the bad road. The hike was very nice and the water as blue as you expect. If you have a car do it yourself, it is easy to find and the hike is also easily done on your own.

Visited April 2013
Sacramento, California
13 attraction reviews
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My mom and I booked a trip to see the Rio Celeste with Guanacaste Viajes. It was not offered on their website, but they created a tour at our request! My friend had been to Costa Rica and strongly recommended seeing the Rio Celeste. And I'm so glad he did. He warned me of a muddy hike, but we were lucky - we went on a sunny day with no mud. It was a hot day and the hike was did get me sweaty, but it was all worth it. I'm a 30yo female not in the best of shape and my mom is a woman in her mid50's that hikes 2000ft elevations in 2 miles every weekend. We were both tired and sweaty, but we thought it was well worth it. Our guide explained that they were rebuilding the stairway to get down to the waterfall. The labor is rough as they have to haul everything in. We saw the campgrounds for the men who were working there. They used to let you swim in the brilliant blue waters which would have been neat, but there were some deaths apparently and so it has since been prohibited. No matter, it's still amazing to see such blue waters. You get to see the blue waters as well as where the waters meet to create the beautiful hue.

Visited November 2012
Boston
“This was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

we did this via our hotel, who books out to jacamar tours. It was a great day. It's a long hike and you'll be nice and tired after. Hugo, our guide was awesome. He was able to point out wildlife that we would have walked right past and he was very knowledgeable and funny. He went way out of his way to make sure we saw cool stuff.

Visited September 2013