“Nice meal on the road” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Salem, New York
“Nice meal on the road”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

While traveling to Wyoming stopped in Burlington for the night. Our motel recommended this restaurant. We had a very good meal. Nice steak cooked to our specifications and enjoyed the sides and wine.

Visited June 2013

“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Very good food for all 4 in our party. Reasonable priced and waitress was great. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shell Knob, Mo
“About the only choice in town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just not to pick from in this small town. Mainly just a stopping place for travelers on the Interstate. Had checked triip advisor before coming and sounded like some liked it and some didn't. That's the way it was with my husband, grandson, and myself. We all had something different. My husband had an 18 oz steak for $26 and said it was very good but the fries were ice cold when they were served. My grandson ordered the Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Alfredo Pasta. He is 14 and eats alfredo at restaurants a lot. He said this one was just too sticky. Also their was shrimp in it but found no cajun sausage in it. I had the Monday fried chicken special and it was good. Just your typical home cooking food so it wasn't too hard to make. I would eat here again if I was staying here, but just be advised not to expect great things! Service was excellent. Couldn't ask for better.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Potsdam, New York
“Surprising Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This restaurant sits in close proximity to a number of hotels in this city. Burlington seems to be a stop point for people traveling Interstate 70. This restaurant is convenient to those traveling, and since choices are limited in this area you pretty much have to take what you can get if you stay in one of these hotels. We were pleasantly surprised.

My wife and I enjoyed a petit filet and a 12 oz NY strip steak. They were both very good and done as ordered. We each had a glass of the house cabernet and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Baked potato was served split with melting butter inside. Sweet potato fries were crisp and tasty, and the sauteed veggies were very good. I read comments from others about the meals being expensive. Well, all I can say about that is I cannot get a steak dinner much more reasonable than here. The wine was dirt cheap and good. Service was quick and efficient.

The menu had much more than steak on it, and specials for most nights. You could find something to eat no matter what you prefer.

One thing is for sure. They love their salt! Steaks and potatoes were salted quite liberally, so if you have sodium restrictions let them know.

I would certainly eat here again if my travels brought me to Burlington again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vidalia, Louisiana
“Food is great but the price is high...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The pros: The atmosphere is nice. The food was really good. I ordered the petit filet with aspargus, cream sauce and crab meat. The steak was cooked perfectly and the sauce with crab meat was a perfect compliment. Overall, a really nice meal. The cons: The servers have to be prompted to refill drinks. The price for my meal was quite steep considering the location of the restaurant. Management might wish to reconsider the pricing. However, the parking lot always appears to be full so...they must be doing something right!

• Visited May 2013