“I stop there every time I'm going to Denver” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 31 restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Colorado
“I stop there every time I'm going to Denver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

it is usually late lunch time when I arrive in BV. I always stop at The Brown Dog (still Bongo Billy's to me) and get coffee and a sandwich. The food and coffee are always excellent, and over the 10 plus years i have stopped there the staff has always been very kind and cheerful. Not sure where the "microwaved premade" sandwich review came from...they make your sandwich only when you order it. I know this for a fact because I just add the 10 minutes that it will take to get lunch in to my trip time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

84% Recommend
Alexandria, VA USA
“Well Worth a Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Glad they had a sign up, or we might have missed it. It's on the left side as you are heading south on 24, near the southern edge of the downtown area, such as it is. Great coffee, very friendly staff and wonderful muffins. Want to go back to try their sandwiches. Just stop... you'll be glad you did. Happy travels...

• Visited July 2013
Buena Vista
“Microwaved premade sandwiches”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

went with a friend that is a coffee drinker, had a smoothie, it was ok, but didn't use fresh fruit just sirup. the sandwiches looked good so decided to go back when hungry. Days latter I went in trying to make up mind, staff could of cared less if I was there. I then told someone to go ahead of me, and saw the lady behind the counter put in a pre-made (looked like it came from 7-11) ham and cheese wrapped in plastic into the microwave to serve to their customer for a big price. ---- I walked out! I think the same sandwich is a any convenience store dated for under $2.00.....

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Taos, New Mexico, United States
“Not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Maybe I came at a wrong time...they were counting out tips, the burrito was microwaved, half of the tortilla came off with the wrapping and the raspberry/oatmeal bar was dry and lacked raspberries.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great coffee. Delicious food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This place seems to me to be the best kept secret of buena vista. Great coffee and delicious scones. The other baked goods looked great, too. I prefer it to the slightly too trendy Roastery.

• Visited June 2013